Thread: Rock Auto discount code....

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!

Rock Auto discount code....

Not much, but it's a 5% discount. You can use it on as many orders you place until Dec 30th.

Paste it in the "How did you hear about us" block.

Last edited by hyperbuzzin; 10-31-2018 at 08:06 PM.
    ···╔════════╗
    ·█╢░░░░░░░░╟█
    ·._├────────┤_.
    ╘╕Θ║║║║║║║Θ╒╛
    ═══╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═══
    Hyper..... or, just call me Tim
    '13 Jeep JK Wrangler (his)
    '16 Jeep KL Cherokee Trailhawk (her's)

Jeep Ambassador to the FJORC

„ɹǝʇʇods ʎɯ ǝɯɐןq ˙˙˙˙sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı„

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    Ah man, I love frugal parts buying...

If you don't have time to shop online and you have to walk into an Advance Auto and bend over you can get a decent discount on most items by asking that it be put on the commercial account for some local shop you're familiar with and if they ask for a PO number just say NA. Obviously you should talk to your local shop ahead of time about this. They probably won't mind as this contributes to the overall amount of discount that shop gets from Advance since that is based on their total purchases per year as well as other metrics. The larger shops and chain shops are usually set up to bill electronically so you wouldn't want to put it on the account for say, Firestone, Jiffy Lube, etc. The down side to this is you need to save your receipt as it won't be under your name and it won't contribute to your Speedperks rewards. If someone here works a Advance or knows someone, we could also get a PGH-OR commercial account set up to give walk-in discounts. I know of one other local offroad group that does this.

When I'm buying new parts online it is always a competition between parts from Amazon Prime, Ebay, Advance Auto, and Rockauto.

1. Amazon Prime is just cheap and convenient.

2. If you have the Ebay phone ap they've been regularly putting 10-20% discount codes on the ap's home screen that work for most items.

3. Advance Auto usually has a 25-30% discount code you can google and find at any time. Combined with Speedperks rewards and free shipping they beat Rockauto half the time in my experiences.

4. Rockauto never gives more than a 5% discount but those codes can always be found at any time by googling. You really have to play around to find parts that ship from as few warehouses as possible to minimize shipping charges. That system sometimes makes little sense. It seems like lately, once you get over a certain dollar amount, they stop tracking warehouses and just give you a lump sum shipping charge that is cheaper. That has been my experience on a few large orders lately at least.

I sit at a computer all day for work so I have time for all this crap.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I like the pgh offroad commercial account idea. I usually get my stuff online from Rustys, eBay or amazon but the stuff I need right away ends up coming from either Advance or Auto Zone (both are close by). You can also sign up for text message alerts from Advance to get new coupon codes sent to your phone.

If you are going to put it on a shops account make sure you pay tax so the shop doesn’t have sales and use tax issues or have to account for where the parts were used if they get audited.

I can talk to the Advance store I use about setting up a PGHOR account.

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    If you are going to put it on a shops account make sure you pay tax so the shop doesn’t have sales and use tax issues or have to account for where the parts were used if they get audited.
    This: most people don't realize that business have to pay use tax if used internally, and they're responsible for collecting the sales tax for anything bought for resale (usually the case here.) Those numbers being skewed can raise a lot of red flags and get a local business in trouble.

After looking into it, you can use the Advance auto parts website with the coupon code that is usually provided at the top of the page and select store pickup to get parts for about the same as I pay with a relatively high volume pricing discount.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Usually its quicker for me to order everything online from advanced on my phone in their parking lot than have them look up parts. Ive gotten really good deals on Partsgeek.com too. Sometimes looking it up on google shopping gets you the best deal. But, 9 times outta 10 Advance will have the best deal with discount codes and speedperks.
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Also, you can stock up on oil filters and brake clean when you try to get your total high enough to use the discounts lol.
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    I've been converting all my air/oil/hydraulic/trans/fuel filters to Wix part numbers and placing orders with filter1.com (use code moparts for a 5% discount). My $150 order also shipped free. Fleetfilter.com has better pricing on the filters and some discounts on larger orders but their shipping prices make filter1 the cheaper source.
    Last edited by joshs1ofakindxj; 01-09-2020 at 03:58 PM.

Thread Information