Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
My 99 WJ

Thread: My 99 WJ

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!

My 99 WJ

Haven't posted or been on here in like a decade but thats gonna change since i quit my job this is kinda like a re-intro for me and to show my budget boosted WJ lol

So, i bought this 99 WJ 4.7 Limited to flip. Prev owner said it just wouldnt stay running. Would start and run for 4 seconds and shut right back off. So i traded a Liberty for the WJ and $400. It was rusted to beat heck and after 2 solid days of chasing wires and swapping the PCM, SKIM and keys, still couldnt figure it out. Came back a day later and on that fine sunny morning, i just up and decided to hit the key and she started and purred like she was brand new, even with nearly 200k miles on the ol' 4.7. Fixed all the rust and put her for sale. Had tons of interest but no cash.... one "gentleman" who decided to offer me $1500 due to the "bad" frame which turned out to be mud that he later admitted to saying he was trying to get it cheaper. Anyway, decided to keep it... It legitimately has every single option from Jeep in 99 and the heated seats still work too

The day i car dolly'd it off the mountains from Berlin to Mt. Pleasant

Both fenders rusted thru, both rockers had the typical rust,,, but the 4.7HO hauled it nice and with O/D locked out, only had to hit the brakes 4 times down 3 mile hill...

After i finally did all that wire chasin and swapping components, cleaning every single ground, calling a few locksmiths to come out and program keys and having it randomly start all by itself, i started fixing her up

I've always loved gold Grands, and the 03 17s set it off beautifully. i'll tell ya, being as old as what it is, these WJs were filled with technology even in 99, a new gen 4.7 that makes a respectable amount of torque basically at idle, a 6 speed auto and Vari-Lok diffs front and rear... i love it. i'll take this over any piece of plastic, CVT, electronic brake locking, 4 cylinder eco saving, twin turbo this or that any day of the week

I found a BB in the junkyard for a whopping $1 and decided to put it on this one,,, didnt break or round off a single bolt in the process. im looking to get a taller set of tires for it. The ones on it are ok, but there basically is no such thing as having too big of a tire under a Jeep lol

As she sits today

i made a custom switch panel for it and found a factory nav unit from an 02 and put in too.. i have more WJ bezels and switches if anyone is interested

So yeah. does anyone still go to the place out back of Dawson/Chaintown to wheel? heard yes and no... and a lot of other stories as always about it. Wellsville still a thing? who all has been to Rock Run lately? i've taken my zj on probably 400 trips in the 15 years ive owned it, not once have i wheeled a wj... thats gotta change

anyone know if XJ Jimmy still has that green ZJ? Dave still have that white wrangler on 35s? Does Matt still have that 5.9? i think the last trip i was on was when Matt took that 5.9 and had it on rev limiter 90% of the time in connellsville hahaa.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I can’t tell you who still has what around here since I rarely ever made/make it to wheeling events or meet and greets, but I still do a fair amount of wheeling and riding. I was at Rock Run on Memorial Day woth my bike and it was a pretty good time. All the trails were in decent shape and there were a few Jeeps out that day. Seems like the game commission is cracking down a little bit on riding and wheeling so you have to be careful about that. I know a few people from here got popped a few months ago and were supposedly turned in by a forum member. If your interested in getting a wheeling event going post it up, I haven’t broke my Jeep or my bike in a while so I’m due for a good run!

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    I can’t tell you who still has what around here since I rarely ever made/make it to wheeling events or meet and greets, but I still do a fair amount of wheeling and riding. I was at Rock Run on Memorial Day woth my bike and it was a pretty good time. All the trails were in decent shape and there were a few Jeeps out that day. Seems like the game commission is cracking down a little bit on riding and wheeling so you have to be careful about that. I know a few people from here got popped a few months ago and were supposedly turned in by a forum member. If your interested in getting a wheeling event going post it up, I haven’t broke my Jeep or my bike in a while so I’m due for a good run!
    Truer words have never been spoken!! i miss hearing the front axle shafts snap on my ZJ hahaa

i am going to check with my uncle, he owns bar in Vanderbilt, PA and if he gives me the go-ahead im gonna get a medium size meet n greet there. we can organize a trail ride then and there or for in the future. im dying to get off of PAs half paved roads
    99 WJ 4.7, 545RFE, 247 - BB on 30s
    95 ZJ 5.2, 46RH, 249 - BB on 32" BFG MT
    02 WJ 4.7HO, 545RFE, 247 - stock but breaks the tires loose on the 1-2 shift

www.RalphsOffRoad.com RalphDogg's Avatar
    Welcome back!

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphDogg View Post
    Welcome back!
    Ditto. Since you're down there in DMG country, check with him for local leads on parts & pieces.
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphDogg View Post
    Welcome back!
    Many thanks! Its very good to be back on here. Im glad the site still has the exact same feel as it did when i first joined back in 08

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Ditto. Since you're down there in DMG country, check with him for local leads on parts & pieces.
    He must be the one taking all the parts off my ZJs and WJs at Marshs then bahahaha
    im jp,, but yeah im looking for the TRS on the valve body of a 545RFE for it and then itll be good to go for a few good wheelin trips and another 200000 miles
    99 WJ 4.7, 545RFE, 247 - BB on 30s
    95 ZJ 5.2, 46RH, 249 - BB on 32" BFG MT
    02 WJ 4.7HO, 545RFE, 247 - stock but breaks the tires loose on the 1-2 shift

Thread Information