Thread: CyberTruck

Less posting, more wheeling!

CyberTruck

Yep its just like the title said the tesla Cybertruck, I already put in the preorder for the dual motor.
    Now its thinking about modifications. I've seen to many awesome photoshops. Bike racks, the warthog, etc giving me so many ideas.
    Now I just need to finish the solar panel array, for some free charging.

Anybody else preorder?
    [I]"Its not a bondfire unless you can see if from space"[/I]\
    TJ now with the power of a 5.2L vs 2.5L get same gas mileage....crap.

Cool. Did you add FSD?

Quote Originally Posted by dorick View Post
    Cool. Did you add FSD?
    No, for an extra 7K I'd see what other options might spring up. After seeing how all the other self driving cars with even more sensors 'work' I'll wait another 10 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade556 View Post
    Yep its just like the title said the tesla Cybertruck, I already put in the preorder for the dual motor.
    Now its thinking about modifications. I've seen to many awesome photoshops. Bike racks, the warthog, etc giving me so many ideas.
    Now I just need to finish the solar panel array, for some free charging.

Anybody else preorder?
    It looks like you have at least 2 years to finish the solar array, probably more.

LS Swap, one tons, and 40" Thornbirds to follow, right?
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Do the Tesla’s get free charging at those stations or do they actually charge for it? I see a surprising amount of Tesla’s at the Sheetz in Irwin, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Do the Tesla’s get free charging at those stations or do they actually charge for it? I see a surprising amount of Tesla’s at the Sheetz in Irwin, just curious.
    Well if you use a referral code from another tesla owner you and the other guy get 1000 miles of free charging. But usually you pay for it.

The super chargers will typically charge at tesla about 100miles per 20 minutes, the cost for the superchargers, atleast last year was something like $0.15per KWH and with a supercharger pulling something like 75-120KW depending on the tesla model charging, a cost/time to charge there would be at 350miles of range would be at lets saw 100KW and a 120KWH battery which should be about the right size for a 350 mile range. 120KWH/100KWH = 1.2 hours for full charge 120KWHx$0.15per KWH so $18 per full super charge. Which if I'm coming/going from my property after shooting I'll hit the chargers at one of the sheetz with super chargers in wexford near 79 for a hotdog and nachos.

I'll typically charge at home I have an extra 50amp welder plug that I can use to charge for quicker charging which most people say charges about 35-40 miles per hour.

For cost at 50ampsx240v = 12,000KW/1000=12x$0.08(cents per KW)=$0.96 per hour,
    I'll round the power consumption cost up, so I'll say a cost of $1.00 per 35miles
    so if the 350 miles per charge is correct 350mile/35mph = 10hours to charge or $10 per 350miles
    Now my solar panels are 3KW so that will charge at 1/4th the rate and thats full sun, and this is pittsburgh so
    I'll say 2KW to be generous so I can get a full charge on the solar in 12KWx10hrs=120KW/2KW=60hours

Now the most time efficient using solar power but its available and not connected to the grid, so a sneeky(If I get it in any color other than stainless) fast quiet truck that can charge from the sun if slowly, so much better for the big igloo, much sneakier than my deuce, but the deuce does have a better range if you account for its loud, slow, and the size of a tank.
    Last edited by DeathBlade556; 12-19-2019 at 11:23 AM.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Sounds like you’ve done your homework on it. I’m not sold on the EV trend that’s happening but if it reduces the demand and lowers the price on gas, I’m in! What’s the longevity of an electric powered vehicle? Tesla’s aren’t real cheap either and to me it seems like it would take a long time to recover the initial investment (kind of like buying a new diesel). Then again I like old junkers that don’t have a payment attached to them...

Well most of them seem to have 8ish year 100,000mile on the battery and motors, and they are guarantying 70% battery capacity at 100,000miles so after 100,000 the pack will still hold about 245miles instead of 350, still better than any of my jeeps
    But I was looking at a spread sheet from tesla owners that work for google and it seems that the packs will loose 5% capacity after 50k miles,
    but it degrades much slower after that they were calculating another 5% by 100k but they were actually loosing 10% lose by 150k, now this is a chart of model X,S and 3 cars so how that applies to the cybertruck I dont know.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Well most of them seem to have 8ish year 100,000mile on the battery and motors, and they are guarantying 70% battery capacity at 100,000miles so after 100,000 the pack will still hold about 245miles instead of 350, still better than any of my jeeps
    But I was looking at a spread sheet from tesla owners that work for google and it seems that the packs will loose 5% capacity after 50k miles,
    but it degrades much slower after that they were calculating another 5% by 100k but they were actually loosing 10% lose by 150k, now this is a chart of model X,S and 3 cars so how that applies to the cybertruck I dont know.
    If your looking at efficiency why go with the truck over a car or their SUV thing? Just curious.

If your looking at efficiency why go with the truck over a car or their SUV thing? Just curious.
    Well its a 4x4 truck, but the efficiency will probably be similar since they use similar batteries.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Once again I have no idea what your intended use is for the truck, but I would check out the video in the link if you plan to haul/tow with it. Sorry if I sound too negative about these cars, I actually think their kind of cool just have some shortcomings.

https://youtu.be/-cvNfmL7XQg
    Last edited by Keith; 12-20-2019 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Forgot the damn link!

I dont think I'll be towing anything much with it, I have the deuce when I need cargo/weight movement. This would be a DD, my VW isn't powerful enough to go on 79 or the turnpike without dying, I was either a gladiator diesel which is going to start around $45k and max 29mpg or this starting at $49k and 125mpg( cost equivalent to MPG of diesel) . So for the money why not.

29mpg*18gal=522miles
    18gallon tank*$3.50per gallon=$63 per tank
    $63cost per tank/522miles = $0.12 Cost per mile

$10 per charge/350 miles = $0.028 cost per mile
    $3.50 per gallon/ $0.028 = calculated "MPG"

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I dont think I'll be towing anything much with it, I have the deuce when I need cargo/weight movement. This would be a DD, my VW isn't powerful enough to go on 79 or the turnpike without dying, I was either a gladiator diesel which is going to start around $45k and max 29mpg or this starting at $49k and 125mpg( cost equivalent to MPG of diesel) . So for the money why not.

29mpg*18gal=522miles
    18gallon tank*$3.50per gallon=$63 per tank
    $63cost per tank/522miles = $0.12 Cost per mile

$10 per charge/350 miles = $0.028 cost per mile
    $3.50 per gallon/ $0.028 = calculated "MPG"
    What’s the VW?

What’s the VW?
    My 1981 rabbit pickup its 54hp and gets almost 50mpg, with a max speed of 68mph on the flats with no passengers or cargo.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    My 1981 rabbit pickup its 54hp and gets almost 50mpg, with a max speed of 68mph on the flats with no passengers or cargo.
    that’s awesome!

that’s awesome!
    It gets great mileage but need to much maintenance, I don't trust it for long drives. And my TJ gets 10-15mpg so I only get about 230per tank, the deuce gets 480 miles per tank but that is only because it has a 50 gallon tank, but it can burn pretty much anything I can put in it. And my baja bug has the same diesel as the rabbit so it well getgets a solid 600 per tank if I ever finish it.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    It gets great mileage but need to much maintenance, I don't trust it for long drives. And my TJ gets 10-15mpg so I only get about 230per tank, the deuce gets 480 miles per tank but that is only because it has a 50 gallon tank, but it can burn pretty much anything I can put in it. And my baja bug has the same diesel as the rabbit so it well getgets a solid 600 per tank if I ever finish it.
    None of those numbers seem too bad to me. My most fuel efficient vehicle is my Mustang, but I have done a pretty good job of ruining its fuel economy in the name of fun! My expedition gets 12-13 and my f150 gets 9-10. Basically I don’t have anything that gets what’s considered “good gas mileage”. I will say however that I don’t have a payment on any of them and I can buy a hell of a lot of gas for what I would pay for a new car.

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    I'm in line for the tri-motor. That thing is ugly as sin, but if the numbers work out to their target, well, holy shit. Also it'd be a lot of fun to modify an electric tow-rig pulling a gas beater or other toys.

Jokes aside, my options are limited for 6-seater trucks, $100 to be in line for this in 2 years when I'll really be shopping means it'll be an option.

Less posting, more wheeling! gonecheenin's Avatar
    Or you could just go Mark IV TDI, get 45-ish mpg & easily do 70-80 anywhere you wanna go.

Quote Originally Posted by gonecheenin View Post
    Or you could just go Mark IV TDI, get 45-ish mpg & easily do 70-80 anywhere you wanna go.
    I could but I don't want to to that much work, also I have no clean cars hell I had to drive my deuce to a meeting once because it was the one least likely to leave a oil stain on my suit. (well it was the only one that was running at that moment so it did limit my choices)

Thread Information