Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New Rubicon, and took the kids wheeling at Bantam...

Thread: New Rubicon, and took the kids wheeling at Bantam...

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar

New Rubicon, and took the kids wheeling at Bantam...

Hey all - easing back into the game... I was wheeling Remo's old Jeep a bit, but it just didn't work well with the kids / camping gear, so I traded in the car on a 2021 4 door manual Rubi. I can't believe how capable these suckers are stock... I took my oldest two (7 and 5) to Bantam for 4 night of camping and they did great, my wife brought up the younger two for one day and it looks like even though I left wheeling to start a family / some major life changes, time to get back into it with the fam

Probably selling Remo's old Jeep to replace it with an auto so the wife can drive, too...

Long story short: I sold off most of the IT company largely due to stress and started two gyms. Through a pandemic that did not prove to be less stressful LOL, but I'm still working hard to grow them while I wind up the IT company again... You have to do what you have to do...

Anyway, hope to see some of you around, and thinking about trying to find the time to give this place an upgrade / facelift and changing the software it runs on...

Awesome. We should put together a Moab trip. In the meantime, we can have a M&G

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    even though I left wheeling to start a family / some major life changes, time to get back into it with the fam
    ENJOY the Jeep while they're small. My sons are now 6' 1", 6' 2", & 6' 3" respectively (and the twins are the tallest, only 17, and STILL growing) - I can barely fit 'em in an XK!

M&G sounds like a winner.
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    Awesome. We should put together a Moab trip. In the meantime, we can have a M&G
    I'm in for a M&G.
    Never blame the beer. It's only there to lend a hand.

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    Massage and grope?

Quote Originally Posted by joshs1ofakindxj View Post
    Massage and grope?
    Yes please.

The deuce is apart, I am taking the flywheel to the machine shop today. When it is done, would you help me get it back together since you have done it before?

Massage and grope?

I haven't had one of those since at LEAST one child ago...
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I haven't had one of those since at LEAST one child ago...

This took me a hot minute LOL

Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    This took me a hot minute LOL

16 years will fly by faster than you think...

I recommend 4th Street BBQ in Charleroi for our M&G. They JUST re-opened - we had our club planning mtg. for our Windrock trip there tonite.

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    I work nearby and get lunch there sometimes. The food is good. Wasn't always that way, but they figured something out. Parking is the problem though, very limited city street parking.

My suggestion is we go to the Friday evening car show at Mineral Beach in Finleyville. We can all park together in the back by the hillside where no one else parks. That way when we get tired of looking at each other we have hundreds of other cars to look at. There's already a decent group of JK owner's that go there to compare grumpy grills. I think there is a food vendor as well.

already a decent group of JK owner's that go there to compare grumpy grills.
    Oh I'm sold

Thread Information