Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Wife's new 4xe

Thread: Wife's new 4xe

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!

Wife's new 4xe

It's definitely pink lol

It's really neat. the plug in hybrid part is interesting. I haven't had any seat time yet (this is hers afterall) but it's super interesting.

We leased this one. I figured with how new the tech is on this jeep, plus how expensive it is, this was a good way to grab one. Also, when you lease you get the $7,500 credit right off the top.

pretty happy overall.
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Nice. You could always get itnwrapped if you dont like the pink. Let us kniw the mpg you get.

Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    Nice. You could always get itnwrapped if you dont like the pink. Let us kniw the mpg you get.
    It's a weird formula. We've driven it 150 miles on a 1/4 tank of gas.

I'll have to do the calculations as to how much the electric is costing me. I know what my rate is, and the jeep tracks how much you charge it.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I’m curious on this one. How does it actually work? Would this Jeep actually be something you could wheel? Obviously it’s a brand new Jeep and is far too valuable to thrash through the woods, but is it still built offroady (not going to damage a low mounted battery or something similar)? I like the idea behind these and the credits from Uncle Sam to buy anything remotely electric is enticing.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    I’m curious on this one. How does it actually work? Would this Jeep actually be something you could wheel? Obviously it’s a brand new Jeep and is far too valuable to thrash through the woods, but is it still built offroady (not going to damage a low mounted battery or something similar)? I like the idea behind these and the credits from Uncle Sam to buy anything remotely electric is enticing.
    So the battery is under the seat. For normal trail riding it'd be 100% fine. I"m not sure i'd build this or any 4 door into a rock crawler lol.

MPG wise, we're currently averaging 28.6 mpg combined with the electric mileage.

Not too bad considering. You get 28ish miles on a charge before it goes into hybrid mode. So kim's been able to get to work, and halfway home on all electric. So it's costing around 4 bucks a day in gas/electric vs what would cost 9ish.

Powerwise it's awesome. TQ for DAAAAAYS. You really notice when you follow. I follwed her up rt 8 from dinner one night and the silverado kept having to downshift to keep up lol.

I bet you could break some parts with big tires and lockers but the way an electric makes/delivers power would be great somewhere like Moab or the Rubicon.

Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    I bet you could break some parts with big tires and lockers but the way an electric makes/delivers power would be great somewhere like Moab or the Rubicon.
    The power delivery is different than you'd expect. actually it's a bit jerky at very slow crawl speeds.

i guess i'll update this thread too while i'm at it. Still loving the jeep. 5k miles on itnow. Averaging 32 mpg or so. But that's empg which is a BS number that tries to incorporate electric consumption. which is weird.

I'd say we fill up every 600-700 miles. It saves us around 6 bucks a day vs a non hybrid jeep. Kim drives to work and halfway home on electric (about 25 miles) and then finishes the drive on gas. If she visits job sites she could go all day on electric because some have charging stations that are free.

it costs around 80 cents to fill up the 25 miles of electricity. that's roughly 1.5 gallons worth of gas in a normal JL. With gas at 5 bucks a gallon. that's 7.50 worth of driving for under a buck. Doesn't seem like much but then multiply that times 30 (and some days she'll charge more than once). So at a minimum we're saving $180/mo. and i'd bet it's closer to 250/mo. Because even when you've depleted the reserves. it's still a hybrid getting over 20 mpg highway and even better around town.

Plus it's a nice rig to drive. She followed me home from the lake on 79 yesterday and was complaining that my truck slows down on hills lol. i had cruise set at 78 and she said on hills she had to tap down 1 mph on hers to not overtake me.

Thread Information