Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

JK thoughts... - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JK thoughts...

Official Meet and Greet Coordinator Alley's Avatar
    Such foul language why? 26" rims is ALMOST as bad as saying spinnerz... people get the soap and wash out your mouhts now!!
    "Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

Quote Originally Posted by Alley View Post
    Such foul language why? 26" rims is ALMOST as bad as saying spinnerz... people get the soap and wash out your mouhts now!!
    ...scrubing!

Yeah Chris took it to another level by sayin "balla"
    00 Cherokee Sport

_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! ArtCloud's Avatar
    Come on yuppies and girls...

And its a toyota you know it last 10 times longer than anything american.
    -Art Davis-

-2008 Yamaha WR250X-
    -2011 WV Jetta SEL-

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtCloud View Post
    Come on yuppies and girls...

And its a toyota you know it last 10 times longer than anything american.
    i know the 4 door unlimited has a lot of sheetmetal . .. but that just looks like there's soooooooo much to smash! the tail lights hang out the sides, the mirrors have lights in them, the shape of the curved doors . . ..

plus, you can't get them stripped down for less than like 28k! i know because we tried with my bro before he bought his JK!

Moderator of the DeeDeeDees! Bill's Avatar
    I appreciate the FJ for what it is... I just think the Jeep, especially the comparably priced Rubicon, is better suited as an off-road and outdoor adventure related vehicle. I wouldn't mind having an FJ as a daily driver.
    2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - Call of Duty Special Ops Edition (De-badged)

"The two most common elements in the universe are nitrogen and stupidity."

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    Anyone who argues an FJ vs' a KJ based on sheet metal.. is arguing based on BRAND and not on vehicle.

Yeah, Ryan, that was totally a cheap shot at ya

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! ArtCloud's Avatar
    I agree with that, I think the FJ is definately built with comfort in mind but Toyota sacrificed very little capability and upgradeability doing so. And the 28,000 price tag (which is basically a fully loaded model)...well, you get what you pay for, the interior is way nicer than a wranger and they still manage to give it 4 doors, have cargo room and make it not look like school bus all at the same time. This isn't a rav4 or a 4runner in disguise, it's designed, built and marketed for off-road the same if not more than Jeeps are. And it's right inbetween the 2 door and 4 door models of the Wrangler. It's LWB, yet not so rediculous. I think after three years in a Jeep I've realized I'll proabably never own another American vehichle when there's so much better stuff out there.
    -Art Davis-

-2008 Yamaha WR250X-
    -2011 WV Jetta SEL-

Quote Originally Posted by Muzikman View Post
    FJ's are for yuppies and girls.
    Smack!

I have grease stains on the knees of my dockers Muzikman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    Smack!
    You should smack yourself if you actually like them!

I have read the FJ forum quite a bit. Although they all say they would buy them again, the two biggest complaints are blind spots and broken windshields (neither problem can you solve). Besides, they are downright ugly.
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam
    Pittsburgh (Penn Hills), PA

The Xterra
    The Jeep

Now that this thread has been HIJERKED by an FJ loving HIPPY, back to your regularly scheduled JK'ing:

If I wanted to hear from an ass, I'd fuckin fart.

'01 Silverado 2500HD crew, D.D./tow pig.

'86 Jeep MJ longbed 2wd SLOWLY evolving to '99 4wd <--FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by john00TJ View Post
    i wouldnt let that dude paint my mail box, but whatever

Moderator of the DeeDeeDees! Bill's Avatar
    Now that is what I am talking about!
    2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - Call of Duty Special Ops Edition (De-badged)

"The two most common elements in the universe are nitrogen and stupidity."

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtCloud View Post
    I agree with that, I think the FJ is definately built with comfort in mind but Toyota sacrificed very little capability and upgradeability doing so. And the 28,000 price tag (which is basically a fully loaded model.
    We could NOT find a fully loaded FJ for that! no way! we were way over 30k for everything we looked at.

As far as sheet metal, ya, it's just part of it. But IFS brings the suck on the trail. I don't care what anyone says. It just doesn't work as well as SFA.

The yotas have better HP, cool interior, etc etc etc. BUT, its sort of like comparing apples to oranges.

Also, how did they not sacrifice capability? When you can buy a FULL LOADED rubi with power windows, locks, keyless entry, auto start, Locking front and rear SOLID axles, 3 piece hardtop WITH a dual top, rocker skids, 32" MUD TERRAINS!, 32 spline Dana 44's with a HP44 front, e-disco swaybar, true crossover steering, 4:1 Tcase, 6 DISC DVD change with MP3 capability (which you can plug an LCD into and play DVD's) can still take the doors off, can still drop the top for LESS than an entry level IFS, hard top, Toyota with open diffs, street tires . . .but you can say you drive an FJ.

FJ loving hippy

Quote Originally Posted by 2002wranglerX View Post
    We could NOT find a fully loaded FJ for that! no way! we were way over 30k for everything we looked at.

As far as sheet metal, ya, it's just part of it. But IFS brings the suck on the trail. I don't care what anyone says. It just doesn't work as well as SFA.

The yotas have better HP, cool interior, etc etc etc. BUT, its sort of like comparing apples to oranges.

Also, how did they not sacrifice capability? When you can buy a FULL LOADED rubi with power windows, locks, keyless entry, auto start, Locking front and rear SOLID axles, 3 piece hardtop WITH a dual top, rocker skids, 32" MUD TERRAINS!, 32 spline Dana 44's with a HP44 front, e-disco swaybar, true crossover steering, 4:1 Tcase, 6 DISC DVD change with MP3 capability (which you can plug an LCD into and play DVD's) can still take the doors off, can still drop the top for LESS than an entry level IFS, hard top, Toyota with open diffs, street tires . . .but you can say you drive an FJ.
    You were right about comparing apples to oranges, but then you went on to compare / contrast an apple to an orange

Less posting, more wheeling! Krod's Avatar
    FJ is still IFS. Dont show me pictures of FJ's on 37" crawlers, because there is very little "FJ" still left under those things other than the body and engine. Take 4Wheel's Ultimate FJ for example...Badass for sure, but at what cost???!

They are sweet rigs, not arguing that. And of the vehicles today, next to a Rubi, I think they are probably one of the most capable factory trucks out there.
    Women have clothes and shoes....we get welding and tools!....and the women!

As far as factory capable, I would put the Xterra right next to the FJ and they will come out almost identical. They both have their pluses and minuses. The FJ has a crappy windshield, HUGE blind spots and funky rear doors. The Xterra lacks the aftermarket.

You can not compare a Rubi to an FJ.
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam

The Xterra
    The Jeep

At what cost is it. A guy out in CO SAS'ed his X at a cost of over $15K. It looks great, but I bought my Rubi for that much. (There is another Xterra owner in VA who just drove out to CO this past weekend to SAS his).

Quote Originally Posted by Krod View Post
    FJ is still IFS. Dont show me pictures of FJ's on 37" crawlers, because there is very little "FJ" still left under those things other than the body and engine. Take 4Wheel's Ultimate FJ for example...Badass for sure, but at what cost???!

They are sweet rigs, not arguing that. And of the vehicles today, next to a Rubi, I think they are probably one of the most capable factory trucks out there.
    Last edited by Muzikman; 02-13-2007 at 11:29 AM.
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam

The Xterra
    The Jeep

Bill Molestered Jebus (again.) BAD_GNR's Avatar
    I love how that guy's got Kenny strapped to the front bumper.
    It's about to get all kinds of stupid up in here!

"Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

Quote Originally Posted by Alley View Post
    si!
    If I wanted to hear from an ass, I'd fuckin fart.

'01 Silverado 2500HD crew, D.D./tow pig.

'86 Jeep MJ longbed 2wd SLOWLY evolving to '99 4wd <--FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by john00TJ View Post
    i wouldnt let that dude paint my mail box, but whatever

IFS = ...if I wanted IFS I would buy a subaru.

Jeep>Yota
    00 Cherokee Sport

_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

Less posting, more wheeling!
    I'd wheel a subaru over an FJ anyday

So I'm guess you watched the same show I did. I just seen that last night.
    00 Cherokee Sport

_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

I am going to guess that thing didn't fair too well on the landing?
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam

The Xterra
    The Jeep

Thread Information