Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Re-vamp of the trail-rides forum - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Re-vamp of the trail-rides forum

Trail Leader
    The rig classifications don't look bad, but keep in mind..

There are folks here who, in a stock (or almost stock) rig are going to walk through places that a less experienced guy on 35s may get stuck..

The size of the tires and ammount of lift are only a part of how well you'll do on a run...

People need to be a bit more responsible for themselves.. I mean, I loved the idea of going on this run, and I went on the last one to this spot and did OK (got stuck once, but it was brief.. The 'long' stucks included rigs that fit into the 'moderate' to 'extreme' classifications above, btw), but I also know that there would be more mud this time, and my XJ would be in trouble if it was deeper than before.. So I was happy to sit this one out. The guys putting this together were trying to get across to some folks how muddy this would be, and people weren't getting it.
    Last edited by CRCs Reality; 03-05-2007 at 10:49 PM.
    2005 WK, Hemi, QD-II way too stock so far (aka 'blank slate')

Less posting, more wheeling! mudforblood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRCs Reality View Post

There are folks here who, in a stock (or almost stock) rig are going to walk through places that a less experienced guy on 35s may get stuck..

The size of the tires and ammount of lift are only a part of how well you'll do on a run...

People need to be a bit more responsible for themselves.. I mean, I loved the idea of going on this run, and I went on the last one to this spot and did OK (got stuck once, but it was brief.. The 'long' stucks included rigs that fit into the 'moderate' to 'extreme' classifications above, btw), but I also know that there would be more mud this time, and my XJ would be in trouble if it was deeper than before.. So I was happy to sit this one out. The guys putting this together were trying to get across to some folks how muddy this would be, and people weren't getting it.
    I agree %100. Rig capabilities has very little to do with being able to make it thru the trails at hand. Thats kinda why I wanted to have a self grading thing involved. I would rate myself from 2 to 8 depending which vehicle I would take. There could be runs I would want to take my stock WJ with my wife and kid to runs where I feel like breakin stuff on my truggy. It all depends on what everyone else is running.

I have seen first hand someone with a stock rig wanting to go on an extreme type trail ride and they got mad when they were turned down. Also ended up on a 1 to 2 hour ride that ended up being close to 6 hours because the rigs involved were not capable. Stuff happens but it can usually be limited by not having rigs in a different catergory on the same trail. The terrain is different for each catergory, intermixing usually doesnt work out.

Quote Originally Posted by CRCs Reality View Post

Who might you be talking about?:icon_fU:

I do agree with Chris on this one, that drivers experience adds to the rigs ability. These classifications should be posted but alot of the decision is up to the person willing to take their rigs on the trail run. I personally have seen Chris do trails that alot of other modified vehicles have had a hard time on.

Like someone said earlier we should rate the trail including expected conditions for the season more than just the rigs alone.
    00 Cherokee Sport

_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

I have grease stains on the knees of my dockers Muzikman's Avatar
    That's kind of what I was getting at with the Stock, moderate, etc.
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam
    Pittsburgh (Penn Hills), PA

The Xterra
    The Jeep

Trail Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew2516 View Post
    Who might you be talking about?:icon_fU:

I do agree with Chris on this one, that drivers experience adds to the rigs ability. These classifications should be posted but alot of the decision is up to the person willing to take their rigs on the trail run. I personally have seen Chris do trails that alot of other modified vehicles have had a hard time on.

Like someone said earlier we should rate the trail including expected conditions for the season more than just the rigs alone.

Thanks Andrew, although I wasn't thinking of myself when I wrote that.. There was a guy on that run (whos name I forget) in a stock GC who ran all over that place as well.. And just from my own experiences wheeling over the years, I've seen many stock rigs passing the lifted guys due to knowing what their rig can do..

But I DO appreciate the compliment I'd be torqued to be told I cant go on a run I know I'm capable of just because I only have a 2" lift!
    2005 WK, Hemi, QD-II way too stock so far (aka 'blank slate')

Krod, you should have made this a poll, so we could vote on it. I think the general consensus is change it...
    1980 CJ-7 304 TH400 BW1339
    1999 TJ Sport 4.0 32RH NP231
    2001 XJ Sport 4.0 AW4 NP231

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepxj3 View Post
    Krod, you should have made this a poll, so we could vote on it. I think the general consensus is change it...
    [Rant mode on]

Howabout this for a poll: As owner of this software and the server it runs on, not to mention the guy that has the pleasure of fixing things when they do not work, or upgrading them when patches are needed, not to mention the daily "help me now I can't post for whatever reason" which is time out of my daily real-job: Absolutely not.

You can make any poll you want, but as the issue was more in communication than it was in technology, I refuse to take any more time out of my day simply to create a solution to a problem that lies in PEOPLES ACTIONS and not on the board / software configuration itself.

If this was a common occurance I would consider possible solutions, but as this seems to have been a ONE TIME ISSUE, anyone who has their collective panties up their buttcrack over this should probably remove them and give me a break.

Sheesh, go wheeling or something. It doesn't take a post in the trailrides forum, or even a PM to do that much.

Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    [Rant mode on]

Howabout this for a poll: As owner of this software and the server it runs on, not to mention the guy that has the pleasure of fixing things when they do not work, or upgrading them when patches are needed, not to mention the daily "help me now I can't post for whatever reason" which is time out of my daily real-job: Absolutely not.

You can make any poll you want, but as the issue was more in communication than it was in technology, I refuse to take any more time out of my day simply to create a solution to a problem that lies in PEOPLES ACTIONS and not on the board / software configuration itself.

If this was a common occurance I would consider possible solutions, but as this seems to have been a ONE TIME ISSUE, anyone who has their collective panties up their buttcrack over this should probably remove them and give me a break.

Sheesh, go wheeling or something. It doesn't take a post in the trailrides forum, or even a PM to do that much.

That was beyond owned...you just got b1tched
    00 Cherokee Sport

_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepxj3 View Post

Thank you for volunteering to be the target of my biterness towards the world for the day, it's much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    Thank you for volunteering to be the target of my biterness towards the world for the day, it's much appreciated

No problem Matt!

"Has anyone ever mistaken the chicken outside for a crab?" JeepGeneral's Avatar
    I agree with Matt, you all need to stop bitching, pony up some cash and drive out to Paragon this weekend. It may be your last chance...

Quote Originally Posted by JeepGeneral View Post
    I agree with Matt, you all need to stop bitching, pony up some cash and drive out to Paragon this weekend. It may be your last chance...
    hahaha, im not bitching, im just here to have fun! Matt knows that! I wish I could make it to Paragon this weekend, but I still have grinding wheel bearings up front, rear axles to install, longer brake lines and shocks, pinion angle to adjust and alignment to do AGAIN....

Thread Information