Thread: Requesting Knowledge

Requesting Knowledge

I need a manifold, headers, catalytic converter, muffler and tail pipe. Each is roughly $200 a piece. So that's $800. Isn't there a performance system I can get for that price?
    [URL="http://www.myspace.com/AkaStreetLife"]1994[/URL] Jeep Cherokee XJ
    4.0 High Output
    231 transfer case
    automatic
    Chrysler 8 1/4

Less posting, more wheeling! Krod's Avatar
    Call Gale Banks. They are probably the only guys that have a full exhaust system (if they even have a catback for the XJ's) And even then, you'll need a new cat-converter (summit has cat-co's )

I know BANKS makes a 4.0L header and downpipe, But I dont remember seeing anything about a cat-back system.

The other option would probably be a Borla.
    Women have clothes and shoes....we get welding and tools!....and the women!

Moderator of the DeeDeeDees! Bill's Avatar
    I have the Banks Cat-Back system on my TJ (4.0L) and I am very happy with it. Very nice product. Well built, sounds great...
    2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - Call of Duty Special Ops Edition (De-badged)

"The two most common elements in the universe are nitrogen and stupidity."

Yeh I see borla but is it worth the price?
    4.0 High Output
    231 transfer case
    automatic
    Chrysler 8 1/4

Less posting, more wheeling! Krod's Avatar
    I've never personally had a Borla...but from their reputation on Jeeps, I would never put one on mine.

For muscle cars and ricers, I'm sure they are fine...i just keep hearing bad things about them on Jeeps that see trails...IDK
    Women have clothes and shoes....we get welding and tools!....and the women!

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Im happy with my flowmaster. They have great reputation in the offroad industry too.

call junior's automative in creghton, pa he can get u a cat converter performence for around a hundred and a cat back by gibsion for around 200. get a header on ebay

This is the header you want:
    -It's a Banks look alike for $130...I run this on my jeep.

http://www.automotivepartsnetwork.co...dproduct=20009
    I've done the header swap a few times and the last time I did it, it only took alittle over 2 hours.

Check out Rustys FM40 catback:
    -These sound DEEP for a 4.0...if thats what your looking for...anything else I've ever heard usually has a slight ricer sound or isn't much louder than stock.
    www.rustysoffroad.com

I just have the universal cat from advance on mine...all newer cats should be high-flow.
    Last edited by andrew2516; 04-05-2007 at 09:32 AM.
    00 Cherokee Sport

_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

I have a borla cat-back on my TJ and have never had any issues with it whatsoever, plus it's stainless. At the same time though, I had a pacesetter deal on my YJ and didn't have any problems neither, I think it's all in your luck......
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Years of hard work will pay off in the long run, whereas laziness pays off now! [SIZE=1](not to be taken too seriously)[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]'03 TJ X rollin on some 35's
    '83 CJ on 33's
    '06 TJ rubi on 35's and long-armed[/FONT]

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    I have Borla on my 5.2 ZJ... I love them since I only paid $150.

BUT: I broke off the exhaust hanger, which caused a lot of cracks in the rest of the system. Since it was so cheap I don't mind and I build another hanger, but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone else. It broke even before it was a buggy, so this was a trail/street rig (not beaten QUITE to hell.)

Trail Leader
    go with a pacesetter header, my buddy from nc has been rockin his for 4-5 years n he swears by it...for the small gain ya get out of it the banks just doesnt seem to add up for the pennies ya drop for it...my room mates got a magna flow straight through muffler on his xj, n im pretty sure just a 2.5" tail pipe, thing sounds NASTY when its wound out...just get all the angles n pipe ya need n get a friend or a friend of a friend that can weld n have em fab ya up an exhaust, throw em some $$ n or beer n make a saturday out of it...also if ures isnt n H.O., look into junkyard'n an h.o. intake...its a bolt on n all the runners are equal length, cheap easy mod n it really makes a difference in the powerband...

porting ure head makes a HUGE difference too...and an air raid intake( or a piece of 3" 90 degree exhaust tubing n a cone filter will make a difference) n throttle body spacer... think of wat u can make w/ stuff from a parts store or hardware store before ya plunk down a bunch of $$... dont have to be a big fabricator to do it either, just some ingenuity...plus it adds to the "cool factor"

Trail Leader
    also an OEM cat for a larger displacement motor(somethin close to the 4.0) , perhaps a chrysler, (maybe a 4.7 dakota) would open up the exhaust, n still pass emissions n inspection...

im looking towards pace setter or dynomax. most the manifolds are ugly as shit
    4.0 High Output
    231 transfer case
    automatic
    Chrysler 8 1/4

Thread Information