Thread: New upgrades!

New upgrades!

It's been awhile since I've had a chance to hang out with anyone, so I figured I'd throw up the most recent stuffs.

I threw an 8.8 in the rear of the TJ and regeared to 4.10's. Hindsight being 20\20, I probably would have gone to 4.56's, but whatever. They're mildly better than the 3.73's, I didn't notice a huge difference other than driving to Michigan, ran a few hundred rpm's higher and drank more fuel.

33x12.5 PC Xterrain's mounted on a new set of black teflon AR Chambers. They look nice, I'm really happy with how easy they are to clean the brake dust off. They certainly look a lot better than the Canyon's that I pulled off. I also put on a set of 7" Omix flares. The flares are really nice, I was suprised for how cheap they were. But, they're to wide, especially with the 8.8 in the back making it even narrower.

Planned in the next month;

My AX15 has finally gotten to the point that it's almost not driveable. 1st can be difficult to get into, 2nd is impossible to get into, 3rd and 5th syncro's are completely gone. Reverse and 4th are still good though! Additionally, especially in 1st, if I left off the gas to let the motor do the braking, I get some bad grinding. Same goes if I simply coast in neutral. Anyhow, I'm going to replace it with a NV3550 as soon as I get my hands on one (hopefully this week). While I've got the tranny down and out, I'll throw a new clutch and throwout bearing in. I'm also going to split the case and install a JB super short SYE and a new DS, probably a Woods to rid myself of the vibes that came along with the 8.8 install.

I think I've settled on a set of Rev111 high-fenders w\ 6" flare option. I'm hoping those will cover up the tread. I'm still undecided on rocker protection. Rev111 has some nice rockers, but they're pricey for what you get IMO. Bumpers and tire carrier, winch and building the D30 are going to follow right after that.

Lastly, Tiff and I finally got some pets! Unfortunately, my landlords won't let me have my boxers or my cat here, so they're still with mom. But.. We have 4 new fishes in a 25gal tank to start off with. Eenie, Meenie, Minie and Mo (since they're all identical). They aren't anything special, we got them to cycle the tank. Once the tank cycles, we're going to add a few rainbow's, an angel and a pleco.

Sooo.. That's what's been going on. When is it going to get warm enough to the point that I'm itching to go wheeling?
    -Brandon

99 TJ

"Well, you have to know these things when you're a king, you know."

Smart phone, dumb Wrecker! Wrecker's Avatar
    What has been going on? Someone stole a chicken.
    Gotta be a special place in heaven for those girls who believe in making a lot of guys happy instead of making one miserable

Free Frank!

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! Schimiz3306's Avatar
    ...and that chicken met his demise. Death by fire.
    [B]98 Cherokee[/B]
    4.5" - Long-Armed
    34" LTBs

Official Meet and Greet Coordinator Alley's Avatar
    No no, that was an imposter chicken..."The" Chicken is still being held captive in an unknown location!!

Fish are fun pets, though they are more like moving art.... They are pretty easy to train to play dead...
    "Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

Yeah, I've noticed many a sig with chicken...

Can I get the cliff notes version?
    -Brandon

99 TJ

Official Meet and Greet Coordinator Alley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAthens View Post
    Yeah, I've noticed many a sig with chicken...

Can I get the cliff notes version?

Ok, well in an offroad group long long ago, ok maybe a month or so, We had this little M&G at primant's in Harmarville, Where it is that our fellow club members saw to it that Alley became very intoxicated, we are talking tequilla shots and carbombs.... Then they did the unthinkable, they decdided it would be fun to teach her sign language. The words, were hungry....duck...horney, and well.... CHICKEN!

So, one day our fearless Alley was shopping, as she often likes to do, shes a girl she has those issues. And sees for a low price of 5.00 a nice little unsuspecting CHICKEN, to which she purchases and brings to the next little get together of the group. It becomes a little funny ha ha, and it is decided that the poor chicken needs to come to all the little get togethers and have his photo taken for fun and giggles.

It is at well Primanti's in Crafton our crafty friend Bill conspiers with my eldest child to chickennap my poor chicken, and do horrible and dispicable things to him.....

Thus leading to the chicken threads and all that goes with them....
    "Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

Moderator of the DeeDeeDees! Bill's Avatar
    Innocent until proven guilty!

I AM INNOCENT!

I did not take your chicken.

Austin did! I will snitch. I have no problem with it.

It was Austin.
    2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - Call of Duty Special Ops Edition (De-badged)

"The two most common elements in the universe are nitrogen and stupidity."

No chicken for you!!
    "When you're single, you're exactly as happy as you are.
    When you're married, you can only be as happy as the least happy person in the relationship" -Rules of Engagement

"Friendship is like peeing in your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel it's true warmth."

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

2000 Grand Laredo 2"BB, 245/75/16 BFG AT/KOs

where are pics of said upgrades?!
    1980 CJ-7 304 TH400 BW1339
    1999 TJ Sport 4.0 32RH NP231
    2001 XJ Sport 4.0 AW4 NP231

I suppose I could do that.

I have little going on today at work so I might pull it into the bay, wash it and throw some pics up.
    -Brandon

99 TJ

Thread Information