Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Roc X90 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roc X90

I have grease stains on the knees of my dockers Muzikman's Avatar
    Yeah, synth line and aluminum fairlead. It's amazing how heavy steel line and roller fairlead is.

Tom, what line did you end up getting?
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam
    Pittsburgh (Penn Hills), PA

The Xterra
    The Jeep

"Has anyone ever mistaken the chicken outside for a crab?" JeepGeneral's Avatar
    I got the Rockstomper line, it's nice but the end that bolts to the winch drum pulled apart the first time I used it (not like it really matters). Besides that I really like it.

If you want I can help you fix that end. What I did with mine was splice a loop in the end and then wrap it around the drum and pull the end through. It worked really well.
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam

The Xterra
    The Jeep

www.RalphsOffRoad.com RalphDogg's Avatar
    as of right now i am sticking with the steel line. i have not set this thing on the ground yet. if it sags a lot, i might buy one. i do think the bumper would look much better without a roller fairlead.

it's so close to the finished product. i have most of the tube bent. i still have to cut it to fit and weld it on. it's kinda like custom 4x4 meets blue torch. it definitely matches the one of a kind vehicle. i am still debating on adding another mouting point for the bumper. i have 6 mounting points now.

i guess i am done working till monday. i have a ton to do this weekend. i will pick up the marker lights and some flat black paint before monday.

Web Wheeler!
    Ralph, the sex 90 looks good! ( even better in person ) kinda odd though. will not see to many of them on the trails. looking forward to my F & R bumpers. I know they will look great.
    oh, BTW the rock rails on the 90 look good!
    Steve
    2001 TJ
    [URL="http://www.raplhsoffroad.com"]http://[/URL][url]www.ralphsoffroad.com[/url]

shizzle

this bumper may be too much for the X90! it definitely makes a statement. i can't wait to try the winch out. it fit like a glove inside the bumper. i have to wire up the lights and shes ready for the road.

my design changed again. i cut the D ring mounts off and welded on trailer D rings. i thought they would look much better with the overall design of the bumper. i think the trailer d rings may be a new thing for my bumpers. i am very happy with the way they look.

(freespool switch)

(plug for remote)

(D ring)

Less posting, more wheeling! Krod's Avatar
    That is one of the coolest little bastard vehicles I've EVER seen.

Great fab work, can't wait to see the rest of the build.
    Women have clothes and shoes....we get welding and tools!....and the women!

it looks pissed off.
    [SIZE=4]'10 Rubicon 2 Door[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]Mud Flaps and running boards on order...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

Do the rings go all the way through the bumper?
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam

The Xterra
    The Jeep

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    that's so awesome man... looks sweet... can't wait to see the finished product...
    "When your god gives you lemons... you find a new god!"

the rings go inside the bumper and are atached to the main structure. it would ake a lot to tear them off.

i guess the paint wasn't fully dry yesterday. it all wrinkled off from the rain.

Trail Leader
    any updates?
    Andy
    green TJ

getting heavy

i am finally updating my buildup. i have been buying crap like crazy. now i just have to put the time in and get it together. i ended up ordering another lift kit from calmini. i ordered the 3" lift which is on backorder for another 3 weeks. i am hoping to get it before i take it out on the maiden voyage. with all this added weight i had to get the lift. i am guessing the 29's should fit perfectly!
    http://www.puresuzuki.com/SK19900fs.jpg

my first and most important upgrade is the alternator. the 8,000lb winch will not work with the stock alternator. i had murray auto electric to make me a GM 1 wire alternator. the stock alternator put out 55 amps, the new alternator will put out 105 amps. i am in the process of making new mounts. it is going to mount in the same location and hopefully use the stock belt.

i ripped the old plastic bumper off and started from scratch. i usually weld on new mounting points to make it strong and easy to install. i found these old plates laying around. i saved a little time because each plate already had 3 holes for bolts. i think i may add another mounting point in the center of the bumper.

here is the carrier that will go on the bumper. it is a rocky road outfitters carrier for a sami that i acquired in on my travels. the bumper is taking shape but i will take pics of that when it's finished.

today i picked up the plates for the skids. the entire bottom will have skids. the only exposed part will be the axle(which also has a pumpkin guard). i will have to drill some holes or something because these things weigh a ton! i am going to weld on 1"x1" angle to strengthen the center of the plates. the smaller plate will be for the front IFS and the 2 bigger plates are for the center. i made the center 2 plates instead of one big plate for maintenance purposes.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    sick man... i can't wait to see this little bastard...
    "When your god gives you lemons... you find a new god!"

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! psychobilly's Avatar
    I dig it. You seem to be quite the capable fabricator so why didnt you cut the IFS out of it? Its a project but worth it. I cant imagine it would be any diferent in any way than my tracker or vitara. I sas'd both of them after I broke both front ifs diffs in them with stock tires and open diffs. I have a bunch of stock parts when you need em, like axle shafts and whatnot.

i have thought a lot about cutting the ifs off. i think i just want to keep it a small wheeler. i am trying to keep it as close to stock as possible. in the end everyone goes bigger and bigger whith there vehicle. this is more of a weekend wheeler/daily driver. if i were to change the axles it would end up way to big to the street.

do you have the front 3rd member from your vitara?

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    That's totally badass.

Yep, I have it but something internal is busted. I assume you really just want the cast iron housing, its still good but it has the internal issues. I dont know how your gears would go in it, I assume they would be the same but thats just an assumption, I have no real knowledge on it. My tracker turned out perfect for the street, unfortunatly it was not hardcore enough for my local spots and its been beat just about into submission. I simply cant break the yoter axles in it though and thats one thing I really like, it will stall the motor (2.0 auto locked 5.29's 31's) befor it breaks an axle. The stock tracker diff busted with 205/70/15's climbing a mild powerline hill. The vitara diff I busted on lollipop trail at the funland. Its way more hardcore than I should of had the stock vitara on and I was beating the crap out of it so I cant say the cast iron diff is real weak, just that it broke.

here is the cracker when just completed. It is a very impressive wheeler for what it is, it is easily one of the most capable and durable rigs out there on 31's and to the unknowing eye it looks almost stock even. If I were to start over on it there would be a few small changes (like 5.71 gears) but for the most part it works better than it ever should have.

that tracker is real sweet looking. i am sure i something of mine will break over time. i will have to work out the kinks. i am just trying to avoid the major job of changing the axles.

i have read a lot about the anvil housing and custom made front ends. people use the front 3rd member from a vitara and some other odds and ends. i will have to research more about it. i may do something like that down the road.

Less posting, more wheeling! gonecheenin's Avatar
    Bills tracker has been unreal reliable after the initial bug working out session

definitely could use a little more gear, but the lack of super deep gears I'm sure contributes heavily to its reliability

only time will tell. it's maiden voyage will be a weekend in Kentucky. i really hope everything goes well and she makes it back in 1 piece. i am not worried about the tires being too large, it's the weight of the bumpers and steel. the tires are only 2 inches larger than stock. it still crawls nice and slow with the swampers. i am not much of a lead foot when it comes to wheeling. i have not yet broke a suzi front end, just the half shafts. i don't want to say it won't brake, i am just hoping and relying on my driving to keep it in tact.

more

moving along i painted and mounted the rear bumper. i am pretty happy with the final product. i kept the factory tow hook and just went with a hitch. i thought it would have a better look with just the 2" reciever. it's going to sit until i get some projects finished up. i am still waiting for the lift kit anyway. it should be here in a week or so. i cannot wait to get this out and beat it up.

i just installed some new street tires. i saved on of the old tires with the best tread for the spare. luckily i had 1 samurai wheel left in the shed for a spare.

i mounted the swampers on the factory x wheels. they had more backspacing than the steel wheels i originally was going to use. i freshened up the wheels with Hammered paint.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    That thing is sick. I love it.

Thread Information