Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Local Spring Shops?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local Spring Shops?

Trail Leader

Local Spring Shops?

I need recommendations for a local spring shop to make me either some add-a-leafs or entire spring pack.

Washington to South Hills would be best, but anywhere around SWPA is OK.

There are add-a-leafs and replacement springs available for my Xterra, but I've procrastinated and am in a time crunch.

Personal experiences and contact info would also be great.

Thanks.

I've never dealt with them personally, but have heard more good things, than bad. Point Spring and Driveshaft (aka Island Spring,) has a buncha locations...I've heard nothing but good about their spring stuff, and most good/some bad about their driveshafts. www.pointspring.com
    If I wanted to hear from an ass, I'd fuckin fart.

'01 Silverado 2500HD crew, D.D./tow pig.

'86 Jeep MJ longbed 2wd SLOWLY evolving to '99 4wd <--FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by john00TJ View Post
    i wouldnt let that dude paint my mail box, but whatever

Less posting, more wheeling!
    X2 on point spring.

I've dealt with them before...really good people.

"Has anyone ever mistaken the chicken outside for a crab?" JeepGeneral's Avatar
    Kellner Auto Spring in Youngwood, PA. I've had a bunch of ubolts made by them but never any springs...but I've heard good things.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepGeneral View Post
    Kellner Auto Spring in Youngwood, PA. I've had a bunch of ubolts made by them but never any springs...but I've heard good things.
    Kellner has closed up shop. I dealt with Uniontown Spring last summer and they were great to work with.
    Fabes
    '75 CJ5, Dauntless V6, 31x10.50 Truxus MTs

Quote Originally Posted by TheRigLivesOn View Post
    Kellner has closed up shop. I dealt with Uniontown Spring last summer and they were great to work with.
    didn't they open under a different name?

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I would also reccomend Island Spring and Driveshaft (aka Point Spring)

Not the cheapest, but very good quality work. They have built both of my driveshafts, and have fabbed up many other parts for me.

Take 79 to Nevile Island, head toward the end of the Island, toward Coraopolis, right before the bridge they are on the left side.
    Last edited by oros35; 07-10-2007 at 04:59 PM.

Trail Leader
    island spring.... if you know exactly what ya need, call before ya go, n it'll be done by the time u get there... if its just a set of u-bolts... they'll make em in 5 mins... never had a prob w/ em...

I have grease stains on the knees of my dockers Muzikman's Avatar
    Darrin,

If you just want a set of AAL's, there is a thread on thenewx that has all the specs you need. Also, if you go this route, remember to get 3º shims.
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam
    Pittsburgh (Penn Hills), PA

The Xterra
    The Jeep

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Rays Spring Shop Glassport PA ..412-672-3939

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I cant remember offhand the name of the shop i went to, though i think i could find my way back....

i called every local shop when i did my custom spring packs and they were the ONLY shop in this area either willing or able to sell me the lil teflon pads for the ends of the springs to reduce squeaks.....and it wasn't Island Spring either, they told me that they couldn't even get the pads....

This place was on the northern side of pittsburgh in what seemed to be a bit of shady area, but apparently they'd been in business quite awhile based on the stuff they had in their office. The guy there was more than willing to answer my questions and take care of me, I left with a box of the pads and two pairs of spring clamps and would willingly go back there again the next time I need anything.
    "Blue Ox" '95 F-150: 300-6, 5-spd, 4x4, "slightly modified"
    "lil Blue" '00 Ranger Supercab xlt: 3.0L, 5-spd, 2wd, dark blue, blacked out
    '89 Bronco II Choptop: 4.0L, 5-spd, 4x4 convert., 5" susp. lift, 2" BL, locked, 35's, blue camo
    '88 Bronco II Eddie Bauer: 2.9L, auto, 4x4, mods in the works

I hope Island Spring does better with springs than they do with driveshafts.

Quote Originally Posted by LBF View Post
    I cant remember offhand the name of the shop i went to, though i think i could find my way back....

i called every local shop when i did my custom spring packs and they were the ONLY shop in this area either willing or able to sell me the lil teflon pads for the ends of the springs to reduce squeaks.....and it wasn't Island Spring either, they told me that they couldn't even get the pads....

This place was on the northern side of pittsburgh in what seemed to be a bit of shady area, but apparently they'd been in business quite awhile based on the stuff they had in their office. The guy there was more than willing to answer my questions and take care of me, I left with a box of the pads and two pairs of spring clamps and would willingly go back there again the next time I need anything.
    I had a spring replaced there. I can't remember the name but il find the receipt. They did do excellent work.

Less posting, more wheeling! notmYJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MF Steve! View Post
    I had a spring replaced there. I can't remember the name but il find the receipt. They did do excellent work.
    Is it teh place over near AGH/north shore area?? If so I got some shims from them. Been in business damn near forever and hell of a nice guy. Ended up bs ing with him for an hour.
    92, 4.0, AW4, SOA, 8.8, D30, 37's, etc etc
    92, 2.5, 30, 8.8, 4.88, Locked, Winch, 15x8, 35's, 3.5" (RIP)

"Send lawyers, guns, and money. The shit has hit the fan" - Warren Zevon

Everytime someone installs a Super35 kit, an angel looses its wings. Do you want that on your shoulders every time you get in the jeep? Why, I think not...

+1 for island spring. I got custom rate coils from there forever ago.
    lame

Quote Originally Posted by notmYJ View Post
    Is it teh place over near AGH/north shore area?? If so I got some shims from them. Been in business damn near forever and hell of a nice guy. Ended up bs ing with him for an hour.
    Yeah that's the place. They matched and replaced a spring on my YJ when I busted the eye off. How it was so cheap I don't know...but it only cost me $85.

Allegheny Auto Spring Co Inc
    1111 Galveston Ave
    Pittsburgh PA 15233-1621
    Phone: 412-321-1239

For leaf spring’s here in Pgh their one of the best, you can walk in with drawing and give them the friction rates they will make them, sometimes they are a little slow.

Island Spring & Driveshaft Company
    7307 Grand Ave
    Pittsburgh PA 15225-1043
    Phone: 412-264-6714

For driveline components and Spicer parts their the best, they built all of Chewy’s long spline shafts 1350’s in 97 and 1410’s in 99, Rat motor’s and 44’s will tear your shite up……..

Nice imagination. Thanks for re-posting content that is already present. Buh bye.

Steve, you say that you went somewhere to have something done and it’s located someplace in North Side but you don’t know what it’s name is or exactly where it’s at, you are quite a f8ck-up and constantly show that your not the sharpest crayon in the box……..
    If you happen to notice what I posted was the proper business name, address and phone number to make it a little easier for them, and I was doing business with these people long before you were even breathing, as for heep’s here are some old pictures of Chewy and his first several evolutions……..

Chewy the day he was purchased 08/04/97 from a guy in Greensburg that some of you know;

Twelve days later after the first evo, getting ready to load him up on the trailer to go to Millers Run / Weedville with VTA;

Twenty-seven days from purchase second evo, three days after Island Spring got done with the long shafts & 1350’s, because the front DS broke from a bad weld that DLS did when they extended the DS’s after the spring over. At the top of the power line just after running Ugly, Wellsville;

Chewy on White Knuckle, the south ridge of Brush Mountain, Altoona;

I though that I would throw one more in here, this is my 77 FJ55 after I rebuilt it (from a roll-over by the orginal owner three months after he bought it new) and put a 7.4L Rat motor in it, this is behind Show Case Cinemas where the space was in the guard rail before there was a Robinson Town Center fall of 1978;

Sorry guy’s for hi-jacking this thread, but it’s getting a little old with Steve running his bitch azz mouth……..
    Oh, if you would like to see the receipts I still have them because I’m kind of anal with my paper work and keeping a file on each of my rig’s during ownership, it’s nice to have part numbers when you need to replace something, it also has something to do with being an engineer……..

Later

/me grabs a chair and gets in the front row. This is going to get good.
    -Brandon

99 TJ

"Well, you have to know these things when you're a king, you know."

Less posting, more wheeling!

Brandon, Im riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight there with you.

Smart phone, dumb Wrecker! Wrecker's Avatar
    Hey did someone bring the beer? I think this might be worth waiting around for.
    Gotta be a special place in heaven for those girls who believe in making a lot of guys happy instead of making one miserable

Free Frank!

bitch azz

00 Cherokee Sport

_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

"Has anyone ever mistaken the chicken outside for a crab?" JeepGeneral's Avatar
    I'm tired of seeing the same damn pictures of the same 30 year old rig....

Quote Originally Posted by JeepGeneral View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the same damn pictures of the same 30 year old rig....

It looks like a photochop to me...

Thread Information