Thread: attn Ghey YJ with shackle lift and your rubicon buddy

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!

attn Ghey YJ with shackle lift and your rubicon buddy

just in case these guys are on this board.

Yesterday off the 910 trails i got stuck in a mud hole (god MTR's bring the suck). well i went to pull the winch but guess what, i left my controler at home!!!! so we're sitting there adn a rubicon with a winch and a YJ with lights all over it both drive by literally within 15 feet of me!

i wanted to tell them thanks for not stopping while i was stuck on teh trail yesterday. I really appreciated driving by me without even looking over at me, let alone stopping to see if i needed help. No big deal, the 2 minutes it would have taken you to winch me out would have saved me 45 minutes of running around to get my winch controller.

I just hope they never need any help on the trail, cuz i'll have my palm up expecting some compensation. . . jagoffs . . .

Web Wheeler!
    i'm not defending them, but maybe they saw your winch and figured you were ok.
    nevermind that they were too busy to stop and see if you needed help, but to not even throw up a wave on the trails....pretty lame

they passed behind the jeep too, and it was obviously burried to the tops of the 37's lol

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! TimMichaels's Avatar
    I ripped my exhaust off from the converter back once with no tools to help get it back in place. A Landrover came by and actually had the nerve to ask me to move my "shitty" Jeep out of the way.

Someone needs to establish a universal code of trail etiquette.

That just sucks all around....But just a dumb Question..where are those trails??

off north montour road. . . . um, 910 to north montour, you'll see em on your left.

Sweet - buried up to 37's? Sounds brutal.
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee - New motor, long arms, 33's | Jeep FSM's & other stuff -> JeepsLimited.com

Moderator of the DeeDeeDees! Bill's Avatar
    You should have called. I was up that way yesterday (in Cranberry) at Northgate Honda. I would have pulled ya out.

Doesn't sound like anyone I know from on here...
    2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - Call of Duty Special Ops Edition (De-badged)

"The two most common elements in the universe are nitrogen and stupidity."

thanks man! all i needed was my damn winch controller! lol. once i got back with that it winched right out.

Moderator of the DeeDeeDees! Bill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002wranglerX
    thanks man! all i needed was my damn winch controller! lol. once i got back with that it winched right out.
    I always carry mine in the Jeep, you never know when you are going to need it!
    2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - Call of Duty Special Ops Edition (De-badged)

"The two most common elements in the universe are nitrogen and stupidity."

i normally do too, but i took it out when i cleaned out the jeep! it was in my "recovery gear box" that i keep in the jeep . . . that was sitting in my garage lol

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Good story, Ry LOL! ya know, you could get the in cab winch controls.. then ya wouldnt have to worry about being blonde. What color were the jeeps btw? Can't believe they didnt say one word to ya. Maybe they were blind mute people.

-Mel

damn if you get stuck on 37's I don't even wanna know where these trails are. Glad you got out though man.

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    And people wonder why I don't like northeast jeeping... It really is a different attitude out here (God I wish I lived here year round!)

Anyway, that's not cool at all. Jeepers are known for helping each other out, if I came across those asshats I'd be sure to give them a hard time.

I spent 14 hours of my 24 hours on the trails in Moab this weekend fixing other peoples crap, I'd never consider just "driving by" - that's not jeeping.

Web Wheeler!
    So....they looked right at you, and just kept right on a goin????? That's pretty f'n gay!!!! They'll get theirs - you know they will - it's that whole "comes around, goes around thing." The problem with local trails is that you always risk the asshat factor. It's inevitable that you will run into some jagoff with a 4wd that has no business being on the trail.

That's lame. I don't drive a Jeep but I've helped many a people out on the trail and road. I don't care what you drive. I'm just out to have a good time.

Thread Information