Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
sidekick-sport?

Thread: sidekick-sport?

Trail Leader

sidekick-sport?

Ok so I am (don't laugh) in the market for a kick. There is something appealing about them and I have an opportunity to pick on up that is spot less with relatively low miles.

For some unknown reason I am already looking at lifts, kinda planning stuff out and I noticed that one particular company noted sports require a different #. Are lwb kicks all the same down below or are sports different?

Also I can find gears for a sami tc that drop high range 12% but nothing for a kick.. Does anyone know if there is a swap? or a kit for the high range drop.

And yes Monday my jeep may be for sale. (can't drive a stock kick around-got to pay for the lift!)

Andy
    Andy
    green TJ

"Has anyone ever mistaken the chicken outside for a crab?" JeepGeneral's Avatar
    Ralph knows a ton about the Zukis. He built his mom's Sidekick with a 2" bodylift and 1" spacers and cleared 32" tires with a little bit of trimming. He added locking hubs and welded the front end but broke the half shafts a few times. All in all it was a pretty sweet ride.

Oh yea stay away from Calmini lifts, too.

Trail Leader
    stay away from calmini?
    Andy
    green TJ

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! psychobilly's Avatar
    No high range gear reduction made for the tracker/kick/virtara. Low range is the real issue with them, its only 1.8:1 and that sucks the meat pickle. I got the 2.0/auto and 5.29:1 yoters on my tracker and with 31's its still geared too high for the trail. The front diffs bring the suck too. tracker/kicks/vitaras work awesome though, a mild sas tracker/kick can and will teach a better built jeep a thing or two. This my tracker build

This the grand vitara, even with the 6.72:1 rockwells and v-6 it will be geared way to high for even normal trail use without doing t-case gears. Its getting the 4.24:1 trail tough kit and probably 39.5's or 42's.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    yeah i had a 96 sidekick sport... the whole suspension is different... it's goofy and there were only two companies i found that made lifts... calmini and rocky road outfitters...
    "When your god gives you lemons... you find a new god!"

Trail Leader
    boondoxmotorsports.com also makes lifts.

So I was thinking calmini 3" and body lift for 32's or do 31" ltb's. Daily driver so I don't want much bigger than that but if calmini is an issue (why?) then what would be a good option?

For 32's what gearing in the axles? Then the 4.24 in the tc?
    Do you think I could get away with just tc gears?
    Andy
    green TJ

I have grease stains on the knees of my dockers Muzikman's Avatar
    I don't know about the Zuki world, but with Nissan's Calmini lifts are not all that bad, but avoid any thing where powder coating is important. Also, don't expect to have it when they say you will. Even if they have the stuff sitting there ready to ship, it's been known to take weeks to arrive.
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam
    Pittsburgh (Penn Hills), PA

The Xterra
    The Jeep

Ralph has shipping problems with Calmini, and from what everyone else said they take forever to get to you. If you don't mind waiting 6 months, order it.

Trail Leader
    I missed the guy.. I think it may have sold. closing at 7 means if no one is there quarter til you close.
    Andy
    green TJ

Thread Information