Page 137 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137
Results 3,401 to 3,415 of 3415

Thread: *NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS*

Greetings,

I moved to Pittsburgh area in January for a job opportunity. I am originally from Allentown, PA. I used to wheel at AOAA once to twice a month (blues and blacks with spotters). I started wheeling in 2016 with a brand new 2016 JKU Hard Rock. I wheeled 2016, 17 and 18, each year building my rig. I ended up spending $70,000 in total including the base price. It broke down at 60,500 miles this January. I had to spend $5,000 out of pocket cost to rebuild the rear-end, even though most all suspension (including steering components), gears and driveshafts were aftermarket installed by professional off-road specialty shops. I had to plead and beg to get rid of it, as I had learned there is a surplus of modified JK's people are trying to get rid of.

I bought a Ram Rebel (201 as it was heavily discounted when the 2019 came out. It rides amazing compared to my modified JKU. I would like to go wheeling in wide open places with mild trails with my stock Rebel. My long term plan down the road is to buy a Polaris Rock Crawler Edition that I can take (toe on trailer) to off-road parks to blow of steam on the weekends.

I plan to check out Isabella Ash Dumps in Adah, PA.

Howdy. Im Chip . Near Kittanning.

sinnin n grinnin

Noob!
    Hey all, my name is Anthony, friends call me Tooch. Have a '19 4Runner TRD. Still bone stock, but I'd like to take it to some trails that it would be able to handle. It has 4 low, rear locker, crawl control... AmThanks for having me! Anyone have any ideas on places?

Hey everyone- just joined and I'm in the beginning stages of building out a comanche. Starting with a 92, 4.0l, 5sp 2wd and converting to 97+ conversion 4wd with a lift and other upgrades (already have a donor cherokee for the parts). Main concerns now are looking for a shop for adding air lockers and possibly stroking the 4.0l to a 4.7.

Heyo, live in Verona, looking for some places to go exploring.
    Have a Volvo with a full Fox long travel setup underneath

That is cool as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    That is cool as hell.
    Haha thanks. A friend built it and then let it sit. It needs some work (locker broke) but it's still fun.

Noob!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooch View Post
    Hey all, my name is Anthony, friends call me Tooch. Have a '19 4Runner TRD. Still bone stock, but I'd like to take it to some trails that it would be able to handle. It has 4 low, rear locker, crawl control... AmThanks for having me! Anyone have any ideas on places?
    Just an update with the progress of the truck since I've joined... Have a Body Armor HiLine bumper ordered. Going to decide on a winch and light bar for it, but I'm leaning towards a Smittybuilt x20 10k

Hi everyone, 19 Tiguan with Forge Motorsport Lift and some bigger BFGs. Not the most conventional off roader but it holds up surprisingly well. With the mods I have almost 10 of ground clearance now.

Last edited by Softroad_tiguan; 06-29-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooch View Post
    Just an update with the progress of the truck since I've joined... Have a Body Armor HiLine bumper ordered. Going to decide on a winch and light bar for it, but I'm leaning towards a Smittybuilt x20 10k

That 4Runner looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Softroad_tiguan View Post
    Hi everyone, 19 Tiguan with Forge Motorsport Lift and some bigger BFGs. Not the most conventional off roader but it holds up surprisingly well. With the mods I have almost 10” of ground clearance now.

Does it have a center diff lock?

Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    Does it have a center diff lock?
    No its VWs Haldex AWD system. its FWD based with a power take off on the transaxle. It does have "electronic diff lock". Basically brakes the spinning wheels to find traction.
    19 VW Tiguan
    Forge Motorsports Lift/Leveling Kit
    245/65R17 BFG KO2

Quote Originally Posted by Softroad_tiguan View Post
    No its VWs Haldex AWD system. its FWD based with a power take off on the transaxle. It does have "electronic diff lock". Basically brakes the spinning wheels to find traction.
    I know that Haldex well. Holds a pint of fluid and you can’t change it on a lot of vehicles.

Noob!
    Hi! I am new to the site as well as a new (older) Jeep owner. I have an 04 TJ SE that came with a 2" lift on the front, stock rear suspension that I was in the process of correcting when I broke both drivers side upper shock mount bolts in the process. If anyone has a local shop that they can recommend please let me know, the fixes I have seen online are a little out of my comfort zone. If I can get the suspension sorted I was hoping to make it out to scrubgrass this weekend and could use some guidance there as well!

Noob!
    Hello Everyone, I am new Wrangler JK 4dr (completely stock) owner and live in Cleveland, but visit often in Western PA / Oil City /Franklin county area. I would love to drive on some beginner hills. I did do a couple drives in Nemacolin, but want to be gentler on my Jeep! Our family will be up there July 26th - 31st.

Thanks to those who run this forum!

Last edited by rdolesh; 07-24-2020 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Want to add Picture

Thread Information