Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
*NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS* - Page 128
Page 128 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 3424

Thread: *NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS*

Official Meet and Greet Coordinator Alley's Avatar
    Hi Dave! Welcome to our little piece of the internets...
    "Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

Hi, I'm a new JK owner and searched the web and found this forum... awesome!

Official Meet and Greet Coordinator Alley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp View Post
    Hi, I'm a new JK owner and searched the web and found this forum... awesome!

Welcome, any mods yet? Plans to Mod? New to wheeling?
    "Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

PghOffRoad Regular

into

Hi all my name is don im from richland.After the loss of my 07 jk( i told her i needed a snorkle).im ready to start building my wj hope to get it ready soon i miss wheeling but will be nice to have a family rig to take the kids in.please excuse my lack of phone/computer skills ill get the hang of it.anyone with wj knowledge i d appreciate any input at all.thanks

Noob!

New here, just wanted to say "hello"

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Brett. I met some members at Bantam Jeep Fest in Butler a couple weeks ago. Just got a chance to get registered. Forum seems great so far. I live in the Pittsburgh area and am interested in doing a little more offroading. I am also into hunting and fishing. I didn't grow up in the city, so living here now makes doing the things I like to do a little more challenging. Hoping to use this forum as a new resource.

Just joined! (even though ive know about pghoffroad for years, sorry) Just got rid of a 95 ZJ and working on a 89 YJ. Who wants to help?! Jk. Hello all!

HIYA,My name is scott from cresson,pa& i'm new on the board at rockrun recreation in patton,pa . My goal at this facility is to add alot more trails of all levels so that u would have at least afew days of wheeling.We have also started a off road course across from the welcome center,its not much, but its a start in the right direction with alot of help from other people that have traveled a long ways to help & a couple of competors from top truck challange, i know we will make this an awsome place to wheel.Hope to see some of you at (RALLY AT THE ROCK) sept 28-30th either wheeling or on the obstacle course.

HIYA,My name is scott from cresson,pa& i'm new on the board at rockrun recreation in patton,pa . My goal at this facility is to add alot more trails of all levels so that u would have at least afew days of wheeling.We have also started a off road course across from the welcome center,its not much, but its a start in the right direction with alot of help from other people that have traveled a long ways to help & a couple of competors from top truck challange, i know we will make this an awsome place to wheel.Hope to see some of you at (RALLY AT THE ROCK) sept 28-30th either wheeling or on the obstacle course.For more info go to rockrunrecreation.com or pictures at scottscustomoffroad.com THANK YOU ! SCOTT.

pghjoe7 intro

Hello All. My name is Joe and I just recently moved to Edgewood borough. I am a first time Jeep owner - just bought my red TJ in March. I've been traveling a lot for work so I haven't been able to spend as much time on her as I'd like but I have installed a 4" RC lift and slapped 33" on it. Using this forum, I was able to get the recommendation and contact info of Dave Gibbs who I found out is a great mechanic and an even nicer guy. I'm looking forward to using this forum for everything Jeep!

Noob!
    hey all my name is Lenny and i'm from washington pa new to forum found this site watching off road vids on youtube been wheeling since the early 90s great place to gain knowledge and find some new places hope to c u on the trails

Manley ORV Company

Hey all,

I stumbled upon your site a while back and finally emailed Matt and he set us up as a vendor. I own Manley ORV Company, where we manufacture off road capable utility and camping trailers... along the lines of the old 1/4 ton military trailers. Check out our website and Facebook page in my signature and let us know if you have any questions. Our shop is in Cuyahoga Falls, OH, about 2 hours from Pittsburgh.

But, I don't just own the trailer company, I am an avid Jeeper and wheeler. I currently have a 2008 JK 2dr Rubicon that has been to Drummond Island, Silver Lake, Kentucky mountains, Penn's Woods Jeep Jamboree, Nemacolin, Rock Run and a few other places. Previous Jeeps were a 93 Cherokee Country, 05 TJ Rubicon, 02 Overland, and 98 5.9 Limited and a couple of trucks, 07 Duramax and currently a Raptor.

I mainly wheel with my buddy and our Operations Manager, Jason. He has a 07 JK 4dr.

We look forward to meeting you all at future events and having more guys to wheel with.

-Josh
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ManleyORV; 10-22-2012 at 04:12 PM.
    [URL="http://manleyorv.com"]Manley ORV Company™[/URL] - We manufacture offroad capable utility & camping trailers.
    Josh Manley - Owner
    Jason - Sales & Operation Manager
    Ben - R&D, Fabrication, Assembly

Get to know us better by following us at [URL="http://facebook.com/manleyorv"]Facebook.com/ManleyORV[/URL]

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! HeepH8erTy's Avatar
    A raptor ey? I take it business is good then! haha welcome to the board man
    02 ZR2 Sonoma- 4.3, 5spd, DD/Bike Hauler
    07 TRX400EX- XRC-ish woods krewser
    04 KX220 Hybrid Woods Weapon
    97 KDX220 Plated Street/Woods beater

Need some Powder Coating done? Let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by HeepH8erTy View Post
    A raptor ey? I take it business is good then! haha welcome to the board man
    Not my first rodeo ... I have another company as well. It has funded my trailer obsession/passion.... err I mean business.
    [URL="http://manleyorv.com"]Manley ORV Company™[/URL] - We manufacture offroad capable utility & camping trailers.
    Josh Manley - Owner
    Jason - Sales & Operation Manager
    Ben - R&D, Fabrication, Assembly

Get to know us better by following us at [URL="http://facebook.com/manleyorv"]Facebook.com/ManleyORV[/URL]

Noob!
    Whats up guys. New to western PA, living in Erie now from the NYC region. Building a YJ on tons currently.
    92 YJ, getting tons

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    Welcome all!

Noob!
    Hey folks - just signed up a few minutes ago. Maybe I'm seeing things wrong, but it looks like the activity on this board is a bit slow? A good bit of the posts I've browsed appear to be a few years old. But I'll press on anyway

So here's the deal with me; My name is Greg, I'm in my mid 40's, I live on a 4 acre wooded plot in a tiny town called Dunlevy, in Washington County south of Pittsburgh. I work a lot - normally have only 1 day a week off, and that day changes frequently. I don't have much spare time, but I do on the occasion like heading to the Laurel Mountains area and explore some of the dirt & gravel roads. I really enjoy the woods! But my "off-road" experience is limited. Mainly because I'm usually the lone vehicle, and am afraid of getting stuck/stranded, or breaking my truck. I've had pickups my whole life, and use mine as my daily driver to and from work, the store, firewood, gravel hauling, water hauling - everything. So if I break my buggy in the woods, I'm screwed

So it occurred to me to maybe find some local off-roaders with years of experience and learn from them. So, I guess that's YOU folks reading this. No pressure!

In my mind, on a scale of 1 to 10, I'm probably comfortable with a difficulty level of 2 or 3 - mainly due to my lack of experience, and fear of damaging my vehicle.
    I'll probably lurk around here for a few months until Spring breaks, the snow melts, and I have some spare cash saved up.
    So, which one or two of you young experienced whipper-snappers wants to take a middle-aged beginner under their wing??

Oh yeah, vehicle is a 2002 4x4 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9ltr TurboDeisel with a 6 speed manual transmission.
    No fancy mods other than good nobby tires and running boards.
    I learned to drive on a stick. Have never owned an automatic transmission. Probably never will.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
    /GreG\
    Last edited by Greg; 11-20-2012 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Figuring out how to insert an image

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Hi.
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    That is a lot of truck for running the trails in the woods around here. I guess it has been a little slow around here but this never has been a really high volume forum, except late at night on the weekends when everyone gets drunk.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    No doubt that would make a great tow rig. But not the best wheeler around here. Find a jeep , sami, yota,tracker, or other small vehicle if you are really interested in getting into the sport. And then find yourself a decent car hauler and you will be set
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

Noob!
    Hey there Josh & TJ.
    Thanks for weighing in.
    Your comments on my truck are more confrimation to me that my knowlege about offroading around here is lacking, to say the least.

From what I'm quickly figuring out here - bigger is not better!
    My Dodge is great for hauling a cord of firewood, 2,000 lbs of gravel, 250 gallons of water for my cistern... but may be a bit clumsy and bulky for navigating trails.
    Something with a shorter wheelbase and a lower GVW is more nimble on the trail?

I guess now I'll hafta start browsing CraigsList for a trail rig. How am I gonna explain that to the wife????

Maybe what I need to do is ride shotgun a few times in a few different rigs and see what ticklels my fancy.
    I'm not one of those die-hard brand specific "X-truck rules!"people. I've owned AMC, Ford, Chevy and Dodge. I use whatever vehicle "does the job" for me, and falls within my price range. One of my favorite trucks was my 88 S-10, and also the 78 Jeep J-20. Lotsa good memories with those!

So I guess I'll keep my eyes open for when some of you plan a trip, see if I can tag along, and learn from the passenger seat for a while.

Thanks again for your input!
    Have A Great Thanksgiving.

/GreG\

New Vendor here! Dave of Daves Offroad Supply here, just wanted to introduce myself, let you guys know a little about us and show some support for a semi local forum.

We have over 12 years of experience in the sport of Offroad Driving & Offroad vehicle mondification. Whether you are upgrading your Daily Driver or your Extreme Offroad Buggy our knowledgeable staff can help you with all your 4x4 needs and find you the right parts for your project.

Daves Offroad Supply, we are located in Nazareth PA.
    Check out our website at www.davesoffroadsupply.com
    Ph is 484-554-3584
    Email is dave@davesoffroadsupply.com
    DAVE'S OFFROAD SUPPLY
    www.davesoffroadsupply.com
    Like us on Facebook HERE
    Email: dave@davesoffroadsupply.com
    Phone: 484-554-3584
    PGH Members use Promo Code "pgh5" for 5% off on our website!

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    Welcome, Dave!

Noob!
    Hello, my name is Steve, new here. I made a thread in the meet and greet section haha.. sorry but my basic info is there.

Seems like a nice place! looking forward to doing some stuff!

What's up everybody! I discovered this site from a guy from the toyota-4runner.org forums.

My name is David. I got a CPO 2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport last year and I'm learning how ridiculous this thing is stock. I'm now thinking about taking it on light-easy trails for now and getting used to off-road driving as well as learning how to handle my vehicle.

My main thing is, I don't really know too many people from the area into the off-road scene. So I don't really know where to go LEGALLY with a stock 'Runner.

Hoping to make some friends and hit some trails when we thaw out in the spring!

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    Welcome! Have some koolaid.

Thread Information