Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
*NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS* - Page 134
Page 134 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 3424

Thread: *NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS*

Less posting, more wheeling!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
    Recent Transplant from southern WV. I've always had a jeep of some kind until last year. Relocated up here and my lifted Tundra wouldn't fit in my employers garage so it was a good excuse to get another jeep.

I found a nice 2014 Sahara with 33s and a winch. I'll be needing a 2.5 lift and some blisteins installed as well as a gear swap. If anyone knows a good local shop, please shoot me a message. Also looking for some easy trails for the family to have a couple days out.

Located between McDonald and Oakdale.

Welcome aboard - not sure what's out thataway, but I'd start with DMG; he's THE 4WD guy here in the city. I lived in Ashland, KY for 3 years, but worked in Huntington, so glad to see you made it UP the river!
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

Noob!
    From west Mifflin. My buddy has been trying to get me to buy a jeep. So after a year of looking(cause I had no money) I picked up a 97 zj with a 5.2 3" lift and 32 for a deal. So been looking for some where to do some wheeling nothing to hard still need a hitch and tow hooks(waiting for dealer to put on hitch) went to a place my buddy used to go to and there is a gate up now..behind the dq on 885. Any ideas on some where close
    Last edited by deezneezy412; 10-18-2016 at 12:59 AM.

Noob!
    Hello! New to the forum from Wexford, PA. Have an 08 Xterra slightly modded but will be putting a 3" lift on my truck this year. Been looking for places to go and look forward to learning some new things while searching the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Organix View Post
    Hello! New to the forum from Wexford, PA. Have an 08 Xterra slightly modded but will be putting a 3" lift on my truck this year. Been looking for places to go and look forward to learning some new things while searching the forums.
    Welcome aboard! We got a retired Coastie in our club, looking to wheel an Xterra - we gotta get you 2 in touch.
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI

Noob!
    Quote Originally Posted by Organix View Post
    Hey! Welcome. Wexford here as well.

Noob!
    No west Mifflin love I see how it is lol
    Last edited by deezneezy412; 11-11-2016 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deezneezy412 View Post
    No west Mifflin love I see how it is lol
    Steeltown Offroaders' November monthly meeting is in Brentwood Sunday evening. Come check us out!
    Last edited by The_War_Wagon; 11-11-2016 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Welcome aboard! We got a retired Coastie in our club, looking to wheel an Xterra - we gotta get you 2 in touch.
    I too wheel an Xterra.
    Never blame the beer. It's only there to lend a hand.

Noob!
    Hi. I just joined and wanted to introduce myself. My current rig is a stock WK2, so I don't have the capabilities that some of your rigs have, but it doesn't do too bad either. I'm looking for folks to go wheeling with, but I'm into hiking, camping, and canoeing, too. If anybody ever decides on the spur of the moment to (insert pretty much anything outdoors here), and you're looking for someone to go with, shoot me a message. I'm normally game. And if anybody knows of any upcoming events that I should check out, that would be helpful too. Thanks, and good to meet you all.

Matt

Official Meet and Greet Coordinator Alley's Avatar
    HI Matt!!

Welcome to the Site, we should have a lot of fun things going on this summer. We are a pretty outdoorsy group. Keep an eye on the M&G and Trail Ride sections. The forum was pretty dead for a few years but, we are admins and general population are working hard to bring it back. If you are wanting to come hang out and meet a few of us there is a M&G Coming up in Cranberry this weekend! We will be in Moon next Month not sure of the date on that one yet. We are hoping to do a few camping trips this summer, Our fearless leader (Beat107 will be in charge of the date picking and helping to plan. A few of us are also kayakers and hit the Allegheny in Tionesta a few times during the summer. So, if its outdoor adventure you are looking for you sure came to the right place! Hope you enjoy stay!

~Dani
    "Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

Trail Leader
    Hello Matt,
    definitely consider coming to the M&G on Saturday.
    My family enjoys the outdoors, summer and winter. Camping, hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, snowboarding, snowshoeing...
    Around this time of the year we chase snow storms to go snowshoeing, and rescue random people along the way. Are you checking your forum messages regularly? I could send you a message if something is going on.

Juergen
    '02 WJ, 4" lift, 35s, 242HD, Ox locker - trussed Super30 front, ARB locker - trussed and skid plated D44a rear, OBA, winch, light bars and a kitchen sink.

Noob!
    Been poking around for a bit, decided it was time to say hello. Owner of a slightly modified XJ, currently 3" lift on 31s with plans to max out at 4.5" on 33s eventually. This is our first jeep or 4x of any sort so the whole thing is kinda new, did Bantam trails and playground this year and went out and messed around in Centralia in the spring and are we (most importantly the wife is into it) loving it. As will always be primarily a DD not looking to build a mudding or rock crawling beast but want to get the rig (and offroad experience) to be confident about actual getting offroad more.

While I'm at it, can anyone tell me how to add avatar to profile? Currently radio button in settings is greyed out and there doesnt seem to be a way to change it to edit/add avatar

Michael

PghOffRoad Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mdvana View Post
    Been poking around for a bit, decided it was time to say hello. Owner of a slightly modified XJ, currently 3" lift on 31s with plans to max out at 4.5" on 33s eventually. This is our first jeep or 4x of any sort so the whole thing is kinda new, did Bantam trails and playground this year and went out and messed around in Centralia in the spring and are we (most importantly the wife is into it) loving it. As will always be primarily a DD not looking to build a mudding or rock crawling beast but want to get the rig (and offroad experience) to be confident about actual getting offroad more.

While I'm at it, can anyone tell me how to add avatar to profile? Currently radio button in settings is greyed out and there doesnt seem to be a way to change it to edit/add avatar

Michael
    yay another xj guy. welcome .there is all sort of things to 2. i can't wait for summer. if you go into settings in the upper right top of the screen you can get in to it that way, how ever I can't seem to change mine either
    Last edited by tow hook; 01-09-2017 at 02:56 PM. Reason: info

Noob!
    as were 4x noobs looking forward to learning about places to go that we can handle with our slightly modded XJ and complete lack of experience.

yeah, found the right place to edit/add an avatar but doesnt seem to function

Hi Michael;

Currently the Avatar's are down, believe you me I haven't changed mine in 10 years and would really really like to! But, since we are more of a "fun" club and not really organized our forum is run by two very busy gentlemen who though very competent haven't had much time to update and fix the glitches on the little things. We are glad that posts and all things seem to be going well. Like I said in these past few years the forum really died we are down only a few active members. Its just recently coming back from the dead. I and a few others have a lot of plans in the works to get it back on track however its up to those guys to really do the geeky part of things. So, don't expect that so much anytime soon.

I too was at Bantam with my very stock JK, it was parked the whole time and I was running around the playground in my bare feet watching all the poor Jeeps get hydro locked in the "mud" pit. So don't worry a lot of us wheel our DD but, there are those that have some pretty awesome Rig set ups too and lots of skills so you can certainly learn a thing or two here. But, no one will expect you beat your stuff. They will let you know if a run is not stock friendly for sure! If you have any other questions or concerns don't hesitate to ask all the people that matter still lurk around the forums if they aren't quite as post friendly as they used to be.

~Dani
    "Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

Noob!
    Previous years we spectated at Bantam and the mud pit looked like something we wouldnt care to try but now that they put the concrete bottom in the mud pit this year seems like its just a dirty water pit now. Went through it easy with my basic rig, think I still have dried 'mud' in my engine bay. We were able to do the basic trails at bantam as well and am looking to build enough to be allowed on intermediates but that as far as we want to go. We've read about Wellsville and Conellsville but not felt ready to go exploring, figure the kinds of places should have a guide first time around. We're assuming that some research will net some state/fire roads somewhere too. Was at Morraine this summer and saw the gates open on some of the roads trails were done on during Bantam but hadnt planned the time to go get lost/stuck on them. Plus I'll feel a little better when I at least have an Aussie in the front (this springs project)

The best and first rule of wheeling is NEVER go alone, always have a buddy. You'll learn in certain places if you get stuck on trail and have to leave your rig and look for help to retrieve it. You'll come back to a stripped rig that has been set on fire. Connellsville is a good place for that, no all the folks on the trails are friendly and helpful. Lots of those places are easy to get lost in and you will end up in a place that can get you fined pretty heavily as well. Not good, so yeah unless you have someone that knows where they are going and can give you a hand to help you if something goes wrong I'd keep it to the group runs for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    New to the group? Introduce yourself here!

Hello everyone I am finally a proud owner of a new 2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport. I am very excited and eager to test the my off roading ability. but so far everything is stock on my jeep I am looking of ides for my white jeep and i was wondering where to get my stuff and also what I would need to off road. also I live in pittsburgh pa and was wondering if anyone knew any spots to go??? help?

Noob!
    Alley, thanks for the heads-up on the M&G on Saturday - count me in. I looked at that section previously, but I guess I didn't realize that you needed to be logged in to see anything.

J.M., I've never gone snowshoeing, but I'll hike and camp in all four seasons. Yeah, if you'd let me know when something is going on, that'd be great. I think I set it up when I registered that I'd get an email notification if I get a message?

I spectate Bantam from the fun side of the fence, for the past few years I've been volunteering at the playground, I'm usually there from beginning to end, on time I might check out the trails but I use less Gas and get the same fancy T-shirt, I get to talk to everyone that comes through and that's what I like. It's a good group of people that run that part of the event. I've learned a lot. I think it's a pretty good time for what it is.

Hi, I am new to the forum. I had a XJ for a while, mildly built with 31s, rear locker, various skid plates and what not. I built it up while living in Maine. Wheeled it a up there with a club and then a few times down here in PA (HRJA) when we moved back home. I sold it about 9 years ago. I am looking to buy another jeep and getting back into some trail rides now that kids are older and the funds permit. Just trying to find the right one to waste all of my money on!

Hi Ryan! welcome back to the area and I'm sure you will find the exact Jeep you are looking for! Please Keep us updated on your search progress, we love a good Jeep find and build! Have a great day and thanks for joining!!

PghOffRoad Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_W View Post
    Hi, I am new to the forum. I had a XJ for a while, mildly built with 31s, rear locker, various skid plates and what not. I built it up while living in Maine. Wheeled it a up there with a club and then a few times down here in PA (HRJA) when we moved back home. I sold it about 9 years ago. I am looking to buy another jeep and getting back into some trail rides now that kids are older and the funds permit. Just trying to find the right one to waste all of my money on!
    we can help you go broke on xj upgrades glad you stopped by
    57 3b, 98 xj, 02 wj, an a go kart with boost

Noob!
    Hey! I'm new here, obviously. I bought an '04 Frontier in the late summer and I'm looking to get back into wheeling after a several year hiatus from from when I owned a car. I recently went wheeling by myself and I hope to get a lot more in!

Hi All - My name is Chase, I just bought a 2017 Tacoma Off-road and actually plan on doing some off-roading. I'll still wait till I pass the 1k mile mark to start pushing the truck just for break-in purposes but I would still like to get out to one of the meetups and see who's around in the area and get to know some of the areas to go off-road. I'm also love my firearms, camping and fishing...Should fit right in here...

Thread Information