Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
*NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS* - Page 16
Page 16 of 137 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: *NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS*

Hello,

My name is Sean. I am 21 years old. I heard about PGH offroad from a pittspeed guy. I live in the South Hills area of the city and was intorduced to wheeling in a truck today. Ian was kind enough to let me tag along as we went to the finleyville dumps, and it was a blast. I bought a 94 Nissan Hardbody for 500 dollars, and was anticipating taking it today, but did not know what to expect. From where we went I am kind of glad. My interets are a rarity. I have an obsession with my project car, a 2000 Hyundai Elantra, it was boosted, but is being rebuilt this winter for some major power. Here are a few pictures of the toys:

I bought the truck alittle over 4 months ago from a kid up in New Brighton. It was trashed when he had it and needed alittle TLC, I patched up some rust on the back and changed the fluids. It gets me around, but I'm still to cheap to get a CD player for it.

This is my money pit. I was running a TB2522, but am going to a gt35r or a t3/4 hybird. Looking for about 300whp come next spring.

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    Welcome, wheel more, you won't need the ricers

Less posting, more wheeling! Krod's Avatar
    HOLY CRAP MAN!!! Are you still alive LOL?

That car's came a long way since the last time I saw it back when I was still looking for my Jeep! Maybe you can help me with my upcoming turbo project this summer.

Get your rig started and come wheeling with us! You still have my number?

-Matt
    Women have clothes and shoes....we get welding and tools!....and the women!

Quote Originally Posted by Krod
    HOLY CRAP MAN!!! Are you still alive LOL?

That car's came a long way since the last time I saw it back when I was still looking for my Jeep! Maybe you can help me with my upcoming turbo project this summer.

Get your rig started and come wheeling with us! You still have my number?

-Matt
    turbo project?
    00 Cherokee Sport

_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Hey all,

I have a 93ZJ with a 2" BB that I just started wheeling a couple months ago. I actually live in a suburb of Buffalo, NY, but I grew up in North Huntingdon (between Pgh and Greensburg). I still come home for holidays and some weekends to visit the parents and was thinking that it might be nice to possibly do some wheeling while I am at home with other non-hardcore wheelers.

I'm a member of WNYOffroad (www.wnyoffroad.com), which is the Buffalo equivalent of this group.

So you probably won't see me on this forum too much, but I figured I would join to see if I could have some fun with the ZJ around the Steel City

Go Steelers

Welcome, I think someone was setting up a little run aboce pittsburgh during thanksgiving weekend, but im not sure.
    00 Cherokee Sport

_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ
    Welcome, wheel more, you won't need the ricers
    X2 Ricers =

But, I hope you get more into wheeling, there is a bunch of guys on here that wheel during the weekends. $500 wheelers are always the best.
    00 Cherokee Sport

_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

Official Meet and Greet Coordinator Alley's Avatar
    HI guys and welcome!!

I never truely understood the need for speed, if my car went any faster I'd be in some serious trouble.... or broke from all the speeding tickets!!

Though my last speeding ticket came in the Xterra...

My theory is and has always been bigger is better!!! (yeah get your minds ouf of the gutter!!) I mean trucks!!
    "Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! jackb1's Avatar
    Nothing wrong with some rice every now and then. I prefer mine chicken-fried, but hyundai rice sounds pretty good too. Is it spicy?
    It's not illegal, it's frowned upon.

Thanks for the kind replies. I'm not sure what I would like to do to the Hardbody. I'm going to be looking at a header, exhaust, and a chip soon to get some more horsepower out of her, hopefully a cam next spring, and then I am going to be working on the suspension. I do my own work from welding to bolting it all together, lets hope all goes well!

Im back..

Well I joined abit ago when I got my 98 ZJ and blew out the T Case...
    And then there was the wheel just fell off. pic
    But then I moved to DC. Where I currently live but often times drive back to PGH. (maybe about every 3rd weekend.)
    This summer I got sick of the ZJ not having any AC so I did what every man should do..
    I bought a new TJ Wrangler.... http://www.csensich.com/TJ/CIMG1073.JPG

Either way I just wanted to say hi again.

welcome back and nice trade off!!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Years of hard work will pay off in the long run, whereas laziness pays off now! [SIZE=1](not to be taken too seriously)[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]'03 TJ X rollin on some 35's
    '83 CJ on 33's
    '06 TJ rubi on 35's and long-armed[/FONT]

Trade?

Quote Originally Posted by YJBeef
    welcome back and nice trade off!!
    TRADE??? Who said trade? No I kept the ZJ... Drivers in DC are horrible under good conditons. Im goign to drive the ZJ in the snow incase any one in a Tree hugging prius decides to try to pass me... No just kidding about the tree hugging part.. But seriously there are some really bad drivers down here... More than up there and in Ohio!!!

Welcome back

You need to get that TJ in the woods, it looks a little to clean to be on on this forum!
    00 Cherokee Sport

_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxRunner
    Well I joined abit ago when I got my 98 ZJ and blew out the T Case...
    And then there was the wheel just fell off. pic
    But then I moved to DC. Where I currently live but often times drive back to PGH. (maybe about every 3rd weekend.)
    This summer I got sick of the ZJ not having any AC so I did what every man should do..
    I bought a new TJ Wrangler.... http://www.csensich.com/TJ/CIMG1073.JPG

Either way I just wanted to say hi again.
    Nice Jeep!! Needs some Mods though!!
    Where is that picture taken? Looks like a pretty cool place.
    "Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

Quote Originally Posted by Alley
    Nice Jeep!! Needs some Mods though!!
    Where is that picture taken? Looks like a pretty cool place.
    Picture taken at SkyLine Drive in Virginia...
    100ish mile highway along the Blue Ridge Mountians.. With great views ever other mile or so... It has great camping and hiking trails. AT follow it as well.
    Worht the drive even for just a weekend camping trip... Too bad no wheeling allowed....

Quote Originally Posted by FoxRunner
    Picture taken at SkyLine Drive in Virginia...
    100ish mile highway along the Blue Ridge Mountians.. With great views ever other mile or so... It has great camping and hiking trails. AT follow it as well.
    Worht the drive even for just a weekend camping trip... Too bad no wheeling allowed....
    That's one hell of a place to visit if you've never been there. I know the first 50 miles of Skyline pretty well. I might have to explore that south of the park this summer. Forget wheelin', the hiking in Shenandoah is incredible. And if you visit Sperrysville just outside the park the guy who played Cooter in the Dukes of Hazzard has a roadside spot selling all the normal roadside sundries and Dukes' memorabilia.
    [U][quote]An operation this size you don't know who's after you. It could be the ATF, FBI... ****in' Patrik Swayze... who knows?[/quote][/U]

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! HeepH8erTy's Avatar
    hey guys...im a noob to this site. I live in Washington, PA. I have a 94 4x4 Nissan Hardbody pick-up. i'm also 17 and im still in high school lol. i love wheeling though and i love workin on my truck. most of the stuff that i have done to it, i have designed on the CADD programs at school then made in my garage. i dont kno if there are too many guys out there that drive hb's but if ya do, feel free to ask me about anything! lol im also a member of www.nissanoffroad.net and www.westpaxterraclub.com (just joined that one). but anyways...im new and i thought id introduce myself!

-ty
    02 ZR2 Sonoma- 4.3, 5spd, DD/Bike Hauler
    07 TRX400EX- XRC-ish woods krewser
    04 KX220 Hybrid Woods Weapon
    97 KDX220 Plated Street/Woods beater

Need some Powder Coating done? Let me know!

Wow. I missed this thread. I met some of you on the run in Connellsville last week. I drive an '03 Rubicon,
    <- That's it over there in the avatar pic, covered in mud...

Anyway, I'm Justin. I know Cheeks from this site and I have met yamaha a few times before, and I'm sure there's a few more shout outs I could find if I looked...

During the weekdays I can be found slapping away at the keyboard while programming and generally obliterating users' systems with glee

Quote Originally Posted by hardbodyty
    hey guys...im a noob to this site. I live in Washington, PA. I have a 94 4x4 Nissan Hardbody pick-up. i'm also 17 and im still in high school lol. i love wheeling though and i love workin on my truck. most of the stuff that i have done to it, i have designed on the CADD programs at school then made in my garage. i dont kno if there are too many guys out there that drive hb's but if ya do, feel free to ask me about anything! lol im also a member of www.nissanoffroad.net and www.westpaxterraclub.com (just joined that one). but anyways...im new and i thought id introduce myself!

-ty

Glad you found your way over!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JackdUp
    Wow. I missed this thread. I met some of you on the run in Connellsville last week. I drive an '03 Rubicon,
    <- That's it over there in the avatar pic, covered in mud...

Anyway, I'm Justin. I know Cheeks from this site and I have met yamaha a few times before, and I'm sure there's a few more shout outs I could find if I looked...

During the weekdays I can be found slapping away at the keyboard while programming and generally obliterating users' systems with glee
    Hi Justin, glad welcome to the internets!! Hope that rubi sees lots of trail. I don't think it will be long before your hitting the mods!! its an addiction!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alley
    Hi Justin, glad welcome to the internets!! Hope that rubi sees lots of trail. I don't think it will be long before your hitting the mods!! its an addiction!!
    I used to have a HEAVILY modified F150 (37" boggers, Auburn lsd, winch, custom bumpers, etc.)...nothing but problems with it (5 sets of gears, multiple front drive hubs, etc.), so I've shyed away from modification for now. The Rubi seems to handle most of the stuff thrown at it so far, so no mods yet!!! Maybe stronger diff covers, steering box protection, shorty headers, ARB winch bumper, mile marker hydro winch and a daystar coil spacer lift...but that's all I have planned...(if ever!).
    Last edited by JackdUp; 11-22-2006 at 01:06 AM.

Trail Leader
    Hey everybody. My names Brandon and I was recomended this forum from someone over on jeepforum.com which is also a great site. I just wanted to thank the moderators for running a site close to home(Pittsburgh area). I live in Bethel Park so any you guy out there wana wheel drop me a PM. I'm wheeling an 87 yj with a mild homebrewed lift and set of 31 mudders. This jeep is always under construction so my wheeling has been somewhat limited. See you on the trails.

Brandon:

welcome to PGHOffroad!! Hpe to see you on the trails!!!

New guy here

Ok, I was sent here by SirFuego. From the Buffalo, ny area. I'm a member of a couple local clubs here, always looking for more people and places. I'm an Auto tech, and I guess you could say I like to wheel a bit. At the moment I wheel a 96' XJ with Claytons 8" w/ rear coil conversion on 35's, and a couple of other things here and there. Lots of plans for it this winter. Just wanted to say hi.

Thread Information