Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Timeline of the recent fight over Hawkins Hollow

I have grease stains on the knees of my dockers Muzikman's Avatar
    The Westmoreland Water Authority stated last year that it would not sell any of it's land in the Hawkins Hollow area. I would have to look for the news article. Granted, that was last year, but the article made it sound that they were firmly standing behind this decision.

Fayette County has a rather nice GIS system with maps and tax info. Now, the Tax info might be out of date, but the land boundaries would not be.

http://www.fayetteproperty.org/assessor/main/home.aspx

The land in question would be Parcel ID:
    35-13-0001
    35-14-0049
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam
    Pittsburgh (Penn Hills), PA

The Xterra
    The Jeep

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    I frequently use there GIS site, Jason, thank you for the parcel id's though that just made my life a whole lot easier. You get the awesomeness award for the day, you kickass! lol

Not saying that things might not have changed since Nov of 2007, but I did a ton of research and talked to a lot of people when we were trying to fight to keep the road under township control. Everything I posted is based on that information that was gathered from talking to folks at the county level (Fayette County), the Westmoreland Water Authority and even at the state level to get grant information to see if it could be saved as a township road, but not need to be maintained as an active road.

It's sad, but I don't know of any legal way to drive to the bottom.
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam

The Xterra
    The Jeep

Those are not all the parcel ID's, but would be the major ones. Someplace I have a list of every ID that touched the road from the top of the hill all the way to the river and then even up the other side (which is all State Game Lands).

As you stated earlier, if you want to walk down, you should have no problems doing so on the old ICR grade. But that would be off limits to any motor vehicle (thought folks quite often ride quads along it).

Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner97 View Post
    I frequently use there GIS site, Jason, thank you for the parcel id's though that just made my life a whole lot easier. You get the awesomeness award for the day, you kickass! lol
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam

The Xterra
    The Jeep

"Has anyone ever mistaken the chicken outside for a crab?" JeepGeneral's Avatar
    Your best bet would be to contact Goo (bookfiend). She seems to know just about all the happenings in that area.

Thread Information