Thread: Skid plates

Web Wheeler!

Skid plates

So I’m looking to get some sort of engine skid plate I’ve looked at skidrow engine skid and warn oil pan skid. Now aside from $100 more for skidrow what’s the major difference in coverage and construction? And dose any one suggest others?

"Has anyone ever mistaken the chicken outside for a crab?" JeepGeneral's Avatar
    I know the Warn/Rusty's engine skid are exactly the same. I just took mine off the Jeep and it's dented to hell and back. It even bowed up in the middle some, but I can't complain because my oil pan is still straight.

The Skid Row looks a little nicer, but they mount in the same manner (bolt to the TC skid in the back, and a crossmember that bolts to the LCA mounts in the front).

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I have the skid row one. I bought it used for $75. It had some dings and deep gouges in it but was pretty straight.

I've used it for 2 years now, and use it hard. It's finally bowed up in the middle pretty good, The oil pan does have a bit of a dent to it, but if I didn't have it I wouldn't have an engine now. I had no fear of using the skid and often slammed it off of rocks hard.

It had worked perfect, I abused it more than most ever will. Yes it did eventually bend, but it deserved to after what I've put it through. One of the best $75 upgrades I've ever spent.

As far as one better than the other, they are fairly comparable. I vote Skid Row, but anything is 100 times better than nothing.

Less posting, more wheeling! MemorEsto's Avatar
    I have full set of skid row.... they've been abused at Rausch Creek many many many times. They are strong as hell.
    Acer Offroad A♦A♣A♠A♥

Web Wheeler!
    Well that’s about all needed to know, thanks for the input guys.

Check out a company called Jeep Medic they make some of the best skid out there. They are about to go out of business but man do they make nice stuff. I plan to order an engine skid and belly up T case skid before they are out of them.

Thread Information