Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Looking for opinions on 2-2.5 inch TJ lifts.

Thread: Looking for opinions on 2-2.5 inch TJ lifts.

Web Wheeler!

Looking for opinions on 2-2.5 inch TJ lifts.

As the title says I'm looking for opinions for lifts. I want a kit that is as complete as possible, provides a good ride, is not ridiculously priced, and uses new coils and shocks not coil spacers. Right now I am seriously considering the OME kit but am open to other ideas.

Thanks
    Chris
    99 Gun Metal Blue TJ 4.0 w/ 31 BFG TA, Optima Red Top, Kilby Steering and Gas Tank Skids
    02 Gray WJ stock V8
    04 Gray and silver Dakota 4WD Four Door w/ Cooper Discover STTs
    [COLOR=black]G[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]o[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]P[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]i[/COLOR][COLOR=black]t[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]t[/COLOR][COLOR=black]s[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]b[/COLOR][COLOR=black]u[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]r[/COLOR][COLOR=black]g[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]h[/COLOR][COLOR=black]![/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]![/COLOR][COLOR=black]![/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]G[/COLOR][COLOR=white]o[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]P[/COLOR][COLOR=white]e[/COLOR][COLOR=navy]n[/COLOR][COLOR=white]n[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]S[/COLOR][COLOR=white]t[/COLOR][COLOR=navy]a[/COLOR][COLOR=white]t[/COLOR][COLOR=navy]e[/COLOR][COLOR=white]![/COLOR][COLOR=navy]![/COLOR][COLOR=white]![/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffcc][/COLOR]

im sure Bill will chime in here, he has a decent setup on his Rubi. If I were to build a TJ it would have a similar setup.
    1980 CJ-7 304 TH400 BW1339
    1999 TJ Sport 4.0 32RH NP231
    2001 XJ Sport 4.0 AW4 NP231

Less posting, more wheeling!
    My buddy has a 2.5 Skyjacker lift on his Rubi. Not exactly sure of what shocks he has in it, but I've driven it a couple times and is really smooth on road. He abuses it, too.
    [URL="http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7670"][/URL]

Trail Leader
    I will be following this post.. I just (two weeks ago) relplaced my yj.

right now I have a couple o spacers and my old 32's that measure 30.25".

I am thinking about

bds 2" - coils and shocks. would be in the $375 range
    bds 3" - coils, shocks, disco's, tc drop and some other stuff. $725.
    Or 4wd's version which is about the same cost.

I have a buddy with the 2" bds and It rides really nice.
    Andy
    green TJ

"Has anyone ever mistaken the chicken outside for a crab?" JeepGeneral's Avatar
    I've heard nothing but good things about OME stuff, but they're not cheap. Get some 32" tires or a 1" BL and 1" MM and stuff some 33" tires under there.

I have rustys 2 inch springs and skyjacker hydro shocks it wasn't too expensive, easy to install, rides like stock and flexes well

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I really don't see spending a bunch of cash on a 2" lift. On my TJ I found a set of coils that had less than 3K miles on them and did a spacer lift. I know I am gonna go bigger in the future and didn't see spending $400 for something to be replaced later. And even if you say your not gonna go bigger there is a chance you probably will. It happens to everyone.

I did my spacer lift on the cheap, ummwh (sp?) plastic. Total price $24.

i know that bds 3" is a great kit it has every thing you need and its all bolt on
    for like $700 or so

Quote Originally Posted by joe_and_jeep View Post
    I really don't see spending a bunch of cash on a 2" lift. On my TJ I found a set of coils that had less than 3K miles on them and did a spacer lift. I know I am gonna go bigger in the future and didn't see spending $400 for something to be replaced later. And even if you say your not gonna go bigger there is a chance you probably will. It happens to everyone.

I did my spacer lift on the cheap, ummwh (sp?) plastic. Total price $24.
    I see your point but for me my jeep was almost 9 yrs old and had the original springs. I was going to be adding a winch and home made bumper. I figured that the original springs would sag with all the weight and I should probably replace them.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! cjw94xk's Avatar
    I do not know much about TJ's but is there any way to throw a set of ZJ v-9 coils under it, or something like that. Rig it up. If you know you are gonna want more do spend the cash now.

I installed the 3" BDS er 4wd hardware kit on my brother-in-law's TJ, Bang for the $$ it's a great kit. It rides well and included sway bar disconnects in the kit. He installed a slip yoke eliminator and CV drive shaft instead of lowering the t case. There's a lot of room for 33's on 8" wheels. Since pro comp owns 4wd there new kits are pro comp's re-badged. I have no experience with there TJ kits but I had there CJ kit and loved it. I also have installed there FS IFS Chevy kit, it was nice.

The 4wd 3" kit for a tj is around 650.00 I just saw this too sounds decent for the $$ 4" superlift. http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...71&partID=7382
    Last edited by highlandercj-7; 11-30-2007 at 12:21 PM.
    [COLOR=darkred]HighlanderCJ-7[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]If you don't stand behind our troops... [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#8b0000]Feel free to stand in front of them...[/COLOR]

Web Wheeler!
    Quote Originally Posted by wozz View Post
    I see your point but for me my jeep was almost 9 yrs old and had the original springs. I was going to be adding a winch and home made bumper. I figured that the original springs would sag with all the weight and I should probably replace them.
    I'm in the same boat, and my wife isn't a big fan of the jeeps with huge lifts and as I have to get her to agree with spending the money a 2-3 inch lift that requires few extra mods is my best bet.
    99 Gun Metal Blue TJ 4.0 w/ 31 BFG TA, Optima Red Top, Kilby Steering and Gas Tank Skids
    02 Gray WJ stock V8
    [COLOR=black]G[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]o[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]P[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]i[/COLOR][COLOR=black]t[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]t[/COLOR][COLOR=black]s[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]b[/COLOR][COLOR=black]u[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]r[/COLOR][COLOR=black]g[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]h[/COLOR][COLOR=black]![/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]![/COLOR][COLOR=black]![/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]G[/COLOR][COLOR=white]o[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]P[/COLOR][COLOR=white]e[/COLOR][COLOR=navy]n[/COLOR][COLOR=white]n[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]S[/COLOR][COLOR=white]t[/COLOR][COLOR=navy]a[/COLOR][COLOR=white]t[/COLOR][COLOR=navy]e[/COLOR][COLOR=white]![/COLOR][COLOR=navy]![/COLOR][COLOR=white]![/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffcc][/COLOR]

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    why not just find some 2-3" coils then make your own quick discos and get/make some bpe for the shocks and keep your stock shocks... as long as they are in decent shape... no real need to spen 400-500 for a small lift... you can make your own mm lift with some 1" plate and be done... all in all probably under 250 for everything...
    "When your god gives you lemons... you find a new god!"

Web Wheeler!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezman View Post
    why not just find some 2-3" coils then make your own quick discos and get/make some bpe for the shocks and keep your stock shocks... as long as they are in decent shape... no real need to spen 400-500 for a small lift... you can make your own mm lift with some 1" plate and be done... all in all probably under 250 for everything...
    my shocks are old and need replaced.
    02 Gray WJ stock V8

Thread Information