Thread: Need pictures and info

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar

Need pictures and info

...about the 4.0 oil pump. I have a project to do on converting a traditionalaly manufactured part into a non-traditionally manufactured part. My example I'm planning on using is to take the oil pump gear (the one that isn't shaft driven specificaly) from an extrusion manufacturing process to a wire EDM manufacturing process. If anyone wants to hear more on that just ask but basically what I'm looking for is if anyone would miraculously have information on the manufacturing of the gears or technical info on the gears/pump. Anyone have any pictures of a pump taken apart. I have a gear with me but I didn't take any pictures of it in the pump assembly.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! stesul411's Avatar
    Josh,

Send me your E-Mail, I can send you a PDF file of the oil pump section from a 88 JEEP FSM I have.
    I don't suffer from insanity........................I enjoy every minute of it!!!!!!!!!

[URL="http://www.bigrubbers4x4.org"]www.bbnt4x4.org[/URL]

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    I have an FSM blow-apart like you're talking about but I was looking for an actual photo. thanks though

Not sure if the specs are the same but, I think my 1980 Dodge FSM has some actual pix of an oil pump in it and they appear to be of the same design, I'll see if I can find it tomorrow. If it would help I think I still may have an old small block MoPar pump in the garage, can't remember if I tossed it out or not, if I still have it, it's yours. I can bring it for you on Sunday, if I still have it.
    I don't suffer from insanity........................I enjoy every minute of it!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joshs1ofakindxj View Post
    I have a project to do on converting a traditionalaly manufactured part into a non-traditionally manufactured part. My example I'm planning on using is to take the oil pump gear (the one that isn't shaft driven specificaly) from an extrusion manufacturing process to a wire EDM manufacturing process.
    Josh, you might want to look into rotary geared compressors, they work on the same principal as an oil pump. You might be able to find more info on the actual manfacturing process of those that on a automotive oil pump.

Thread Information