Thread: Junkyards in the Pittsburgh area?

Web Wheeler!

Junkyards in the Pittsburgh area?

Do you guys know of any good yards around the area that have Jeep parts...TJ parts? I took my Jeep somewhere to get the rear-end checked out after my pinion nut came lose and they said it's best if I replace the whole thing. They wanted $1250 to put in a used Dana35 That seemed a little pricey to me figuring that people basically give them away.

I called up Greensburg Machine and Driveline and he said that worst case if he had to replace everything it would be about $900.

What is a reasonable price for a D35 and labor? I'm just looking for a used Dana35 with 4.10 or 4.11 gearing for a decent price because I may just do the swap myself. Just looking for any ideas on where I can get one that is in decent shapethat isn't like 6 hours away. Thanks for the help.

Web Wheeler!
    Try Gombatch salvage yard
    They are in Clairidge right around the bend from delmont.
    Spits might have something for ya , North huntingdon on rt30
    There was another on rt66 out by you that had 2 vw bug ft ends put together in frount of it as a sine. cant remember the name of it though.
    78 FJ40
    98 RAM
    65 COBRA
    81 MIDNIGHT SPECIAL 850
    80 VIRAGO 920

If I were you I would call Jall Stull...Stull Automotive in leechburg, I'm sure he has a 35 laying around and he seems to do great work for a good price.
    00 Cherokee Sport

_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Why not use the opportunity to upgrade to a stronger rear axle?

I usually go to Wagners PU&van up above Zelianople. They got a pretty fair selection of stuff, but sometimes the prices seem a lil out of line. I've found that calling them gives you one price, but you usually get another price when you actually show up...and if you pull it yourself, a third price. It's gotta be the one thing that I hate the most about that place.
    "Blue Ox" '95 F-150: 300-6, 5-spd, 4x4, "slightly modified"
    "lil Blue" '00 Ranger Supercab xlt: 3.0L, 5-spd, 2wd, dark blue, blacked out
    '89 Bronco II Choptop: 4.0L, 5-spd, 4x4 convert., 5" susp. lift, 2" BL, locked, 35's, blue camo
    '88 Bronco II Eddie Bauer: 2.9L, auto, 4x4, mods in the works

I would upgrade you can get a ford explorer rear end with disc and swap it out for less than a grand usually. Also try to find a D44 out of a 80's XJ or MJ.
    I will second stuhl automotive Jay is one of the best Jeepers/Garage owners I have ever met. He will take care of your Jeep at a price no one cane touch.

Web Wheeler!
    Thanks for the information so far. I'm not looking to spend a ton of money and I don't want to do a lot of fabrication, so that is why I'm looking for just another D35. I want something that I can easily bolt right up and get it back on the road quickly. I will have to give Jay a call and get a price.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Theres daveys in salem OH he only does jeep parts, then there is elliots up in portersville, and crowsrun down near rochester.

High-horse-ASSumption-master
    why not just have it rebuilt?
    -s-10 d60/14bff, 496bbc, th400,205, locked- mud racer, NO PATIENCE

-'15 dmax

me asking about a jeep for sale --- actually its still for sale, I just didn't want it to go to an *** like you

Why not just tighten the pinion nut back down to spec. I had that issue when I replaced the yoke...not knowing that the nut held the pinion in place haha. First time I did it I knew it wasn't right because I heard it on the drift side. Turned out that the nut wasn't tightend down enough. Its been fine now for almost a year.

Web Wheeler!
    I talked to the guy that checked it out for me. He said that it appeard that the pinion bearings wore out causing the pinion gear to walk around doing some damage to the carrier. I also need a new axle seal. The housing and axles are fine. The pinion nut was tightened when this initially happened and the Jeep moves but makes some noise when decelerating. Thats why it either needs rebuilt or replaced. If I can't find a rear end in the next 2 weeks, I might just break down and take it somewhere and dish out a little money...

There is Spitz Auto Parts in North Huntingdon on Route 30. I've never been there nor really ever talked to anyone that has dealt with them, but I used to drive past it all the time a few years ago and remember seeing a few Jeeps in there. But I have no idea what they have in there now
    [URL="http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7670"][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by SirFuego View Post
    There is Spitz Auto Parts in North Huntingdon on Route 30. I've never been there nor really ever talked to anyone that has dealt with them, but I used to drive past it all the time a few years ago and remember seeing a few Jeeps in there. But I have no idea what they have in there now
    They have about 100 of everything. The prices aren't totally off the wall, but they're not cheap either.
    If I wanted to hear from an ass, I'd fuckin fart.

'01 Silverado 2500HD crew, D.D./tow pig.

'86 Jeep MJ longbed 2wd SLOWLY evolving to '99 4wd <--FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by john00TJ View Post
    i wouldnt let that dude paint my mail box, but whatever

I,ll never go to spitz again. They do have a hell of a selection but last time he tried selling me a door handle for $30. There were other times when the price was absurd too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyman View Post
    I talked to the guy that checked it out for me. He said that it appeard that the pinion bearings wore out causing the pinion gear to walk around doing some damage to the carrier. I also need a new axle seal. The housing and axles are fine. The pinion nut was tightened when this initially happened and the Jeep moves but makes some noise when decelerating. Thats why it either needs rebuilt or replaced. If I can't find a rear end in the next 2 weeks, I might just break down and take it somewhere and dish out a little money...

Well if you want to spend money..haha.. I've got gears and a Detroit LS for sale, along with a complete master install kit for the D35. Prices I posted are too high so I'm taking offers.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Try ARDENS in washington by the fairgrounds
    Karma...... you will get it sooner than you think...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    millerstown u pull it near natrona heights (not to far from the burgh)
    the future is a mystery, the past is history, today is a gift and thats why it is called the present

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    There is also Jarvis in The mon
    Karma...... you will get it sooner than you think...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I wouldn't reccomend Arden I live there in Washington and they aren't best people to deal with. Allthough the U pull it junkyard in West Alexander towards Wheeling on 70 west has at least 6 Cherokee's and whatever else sitting there when I went a week ago. I go there first they are cheap as dirt and usually have what I'm looking for.

Thread Information