Thread: Just Wondering

Just Wondering

Every Time i pull up to a grand cherokee like mine i notice that mine seems
    to sit lower than theirs and this is really bugging me.
    Is this a sign of spring sag.

And if it is rusty's offroad has 2.5in coil springs
    could i but these on and how much more componets would i have to replace to work with these springs

I found on rusty's offroad web sit a set
    it comes with

2.5 springs front and rear + 4 shocks for around $350.00 dont think thats to bad of a price

saying stock springs are about $100 for each axle and another $40-50 per shock that are stock
    Last edited by jeepboy95; 01-20-2008 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Adding info

They're probably sagging. I see quite a few WJ's that sit with a slight front rake.

There are a few things you could do to correct it. The easiest being the addition of a coil spacer above the actual spring. If you were to change the springs, a set of aftermarket adjustable swaybar links, and new shocks would be a good idea. You might be best off just buying a budget boost kit, as it will include everything you need, and may be slightly more affordable than buying all of the components individually.
    If I wanted to hear from an ass, I'd fuckin fart.

'01 Silverado 2500HD crew, D.D./tow pig.

'86 Jeep MJ longbed 2wd SLOWLY evolving to '99 4wd <--FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by john00TJ View Post
    i wouldnt let that dude paint my mail box, but whatever

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    do they run the same set up front and rear??? if so i would just say to swap them out and put the front on the rear and rear on the front ( if everything is the same! im not familiar with them so i dont know.. it would save an initial pocket book charge if you didnt have the money right away.
    the future is a mystery, the past is history, today is a gift and thats why it is called the present

Quote Originally Posted by stillersfan View Post
    do they run the same set up front and rear??? if so i would just say to swap them out and put the front on the rear and rear on the front ( if everything is the same! im not familiar with them so i dont know.. it would save an initial pocket book charge if you didnt have the money right away.
    They're not even close to the same front - rear. Good thought though...if only shit was that easy.
    If I wanted to hear from an ass, I'd fuckin fart.

'01 Silverado 2500HD crew, D.D./tow pig.

'86 Jeep MJ longbed 2wd SLOWLY evolving to '99 4wd <--FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by john00TJ View Post
    i wouldnt let that dude paint my mail box, but whatever

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    lol!!
    the future is a mystery, the past is history, today is a gift and thats why it is called the present

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepboy95 View Post
    Every Time i pull up to a grand cherokee like mine i notice that mine seems
    to sit lower than theirs and this is really bugging me.
    Is this a sign of spring sag.

And if it is rusty's offroad has 2.5in coil springs
    could i but these on and how much more componets would i have to replace to work with these springs

I found on rusty's offroad web sit a set
    it comes with

2.5 springs front and rear + 4 shocks for around $350.00 dont think thats to bad of a price

saying stock springs are about $100 for each axle and another $40-50 per shock that are stock
    seems like a decent price. if you want a small boost i'd do it.

If you just want it to ride a little taller, i might do what steve said and run spacers.

if it were me, and i had the $, i'd run the 2.5" springs and shocks. You'll probably need an alignment (although i THINK WJ's use crossover steering, so you may just need to center the wheel, toe shouldn't change if you do (and i think you do) and you can't really adjust much else on that axle).

You'll want to check with the WJ folks maybe on JU and see if anyone has any problems. I can't remember if they run CV driveshafts in the WJ's. That may be a concern, but i doubt it with only 2.5". But nonetheless, check it out with those who have done it.

Other than that, i'd think with 2.5" you could still get away with factory control arms. I know most people do with 2".

If it was a ZJ, i'd say you'd be fine, but i haven't lifted a WJ yet. If you wanted MORE lift than 2.5", you could do a front to rear swap. We did it on my buddy's ZJ. I think it netted around 3-4" of lift (not 100% sure but he could run 33's no problem).
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    Crusty's offroad springs sag.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Avoid Rusty's like the plague.

Try to find a set from the factory UpCounty package. They're an inch taller than the others.

Thread Information