Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Target practice

Thread: Target practice

Less posting, more wheeling! mudforblood's Avatar

Target practice

Got some good quality time with my pistols yesterday. Put over 200 rounds through the 9mm's and over 75 with the .44. My hand had a lil sting in it when I was done.

End result: I can barely hit a 81/2 x 11 sheet with the kel-tec(didnt want to bring back the other thread) while I could hit each orange circle 95% of the time in the first pic. I could also hit the dart board target within a few inches of where I wanted with the .44 at the same distance.
    another crappy Q pic.

Got a new spinner target good up to .44 cal(on the right). The one on the left is for .22 and I destroyed it pretty fast.

This was after a run for ammo.

Also I need practice with the keltec or something? I could do damage but not where I like. The XD and .44 is right on the money for me.

hehehe. I'm ready to buy another one, just not sure what I want. I need to see and touch it firsthand so if it's not in stock somewhere I dont want it. We'll see what I find next, I'm hooked.

Trail Leader
    well i see why you cant hit anything with the semi auto's. they dont have scopes like the .44 does...........................lol. looks like it was a blast, we will have to get together sometime and shoot em up.
    98 grand cherokee 5.9L, 2"BB, BFG A/T ko's

91 S-10, 35" baja claw radials, ZZ4 350 crate motor

93 YJ, 33" MTR, 4.56, 8.8 (was locked for 4 miles...) 2.5L (not forever...)

[url]www.bigrubbers4x4.org[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by bigrubbers4x4 View Post
    well i see why you cant hit anything with the semi auto's. they dont have scopes like the .44 does...........................lol. looks like it was a blast, we will have to get together sometime and shoot em up.
    The crappy pic with the orange circles actually has holes in the targets, you just cant see em'. The scope does help but I was surprised how good I did with the XD. I could pick which circle I wanted to hit and do it most of the time. Now I just need a lil laser action.

I'm settling down at work so maybe you can stop by for ZJ parts soon and we can shoot up my yard some more.

High-horse-ASSumption-master
    about time you use that .44
    -s-10 d60/14bff, 496bbc, th400,205, locked- mud racer, NO PATIENCE

-'15 dmax

me asking about a jeep for sale --- actually its still for sale, I just didn't want it to go to an *** like you

Moderator of the DeeDeeDees! Bill's Avatar
    I am jealous... I have not been on the range for a few weeks now and I really feel the need!

I think that PghOffRoad Range Day is in order very soon!
    2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - Call of Duty Special Ops Edition (De-badged)

"The two most common elements in the universe are nitrogen and stupidity."

Quote Originally Posted by YZEATER View Post
    about time you use that .44
    I already put at least 200 rds before this shoot. 9mm ammo is about a third of the price though. 246 grain compared to 115. Even 9mm 147 gr. jacketed hollow points cost less than 44 target ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I am jealous... I have not been on the range for a few weeks now and I really feel the need!

I think that PghOffRoad Range Day is in order very soon!
    Doooo it!!

Too bad it's gonna be cold again this weekend. I think I need to join an indoor range club for someting to do in the winter.

Oh man I can't wait to do some shooting
    Last edited by wozz; 02-06-2008 at 12:56 AM.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    the xd's are great guns... i am fairly accurate at 25 yrds... better at 12 yrds (about 30 or so feet), which in my opinion, is about where you need to be accurate if you have to use your gun for defense... i doubt you will need to shoot someone at 75 feet (25yrds)?? i don't even think i have a 75 foot shot in my house anyway

i would like to get a laser for my xd-9, the one that replaces that bolt thing under the barrel

i still need to shoot my 44 ruger... been loading shells, have about 200 44mags, 150 38 sp., 100 357mag, and 250 9mm...

Web Wheeler!
    Put a beam on that 9mm
    STC?

Quote Originally Posted by trailblaze View Post
    the xd's are great guns... i am fairly accurate at 25 yrds... better at 12 yrds (about 30 or so feet), which in my opinion, is about where you need to be accurate if you have to use your gun for defense... i doubt you will need to shoot someone at 75 feet (25yrds)?? i don't even think i have a 75 foot shot in my house anyway

i would like to get a laser for my xd-9, the one that replaces that bolt thing under the barrel

i still need to shoot my 44 ruger... been loading shells, have about 200 44mags, 150 38 sp., 100 357mag, and 250 9mm...
    I'm right on the money at 25 yards with the xd9 and 44. The closer it is the better it gets. Target shooting is way different than a real life confrontation, I'd rather be ready for a worst case scenario.

Went and bought a new toy. XD45 tactical with night sights. Found a cheap($25, normally $70) laser at Dunham's. The cheap laser wouldnt stay put on the 45 but it worked good on the 9's. Lil' too much kick on the 45.

hehehe. Having 78 rounds on hand is a good feeling.

Forgot the pic.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    You have to know the correct form to be an expert. Hold your pistol out sideways. and slightly over your head.
    When in doubt, put the hammer down

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Got my first deer this season with a 480. boy was that a freakin mess! Still have yet to shoot the Barret single shot though or the 458 el rifle. Me like big guns................
    Karma...... you will get it sooner than you think...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplodedin View Post
    You have to know the correct form to be an expert. Hold your pistol out sideways. and slightly over your head.
    Break to self fooooool, give me da money! LMFAO
    Karma...... you will get it sooner than you think...

Trail Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by mudforblood View Post

I'm settling down at work so maybe you can stop by for ZJ parts soon and we can shoot up my yard some more.
    i should be moved into my new house shortly, after i get all moved i will get ahold of you. i will bring out my .45 beretta.
    98 grand cherokee 5.9L, 2"BB, BFG A/T ko's

91 S-10, 35" baja claw radials, ZZ4 350 crate motor

93 YJ, 33" MTR, 4.56, 8.8 (was locked for 4 miles...) 2.5L (not forever...)

[url]www.bigrubbers4x4.org[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by bigrubbers4x4 View Post
    i should be moved into my new house shortly, after i get all moved i will get ahold of you. i will bring out my .45 beretta.
    Sounds good. What kind of beretta do you have? I was between a PX4 and the XD. The PX4 was cheaper but I liked the feel of the XD better.

Thread Information