Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
XJ Lift Good Friday - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: XJ Lift Good Friday

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigZees View Post
    Who is coming and when???

Matt I may need to meet you around your place around Thursday afternoon / evening. I have the HP30 sitting out and it needs u-joints swapped out before I set the front end back down to do the rear, and I will need the u-joint tool to do them.
    Not a problem, just let me know, I live about 500 yards from Marks old place, should be easy to find!

787 boyce road
    Bridgeville, PA

Quote Originally Posted by r6cyclegal View Post
    Brian if you have to head out to Matt's anyway you should just come out to wings Thurday night and hang out. We do free wings on Noblestown Rd in Greentree every Thursday. Ofcourse you will not get your work done Thursday, but you will get to see the old timers and meet the new guys????
    That's actually a good idea, I'm SO FREAKIN' slow this week I might not be working Thursday or Friday this week. Normally I'd loved it, but I'm BORED!

PghOffRoad Old Schooler BigZees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    That's actually a good idea, I'm SO FREAKIN' slow this week I might not be working Thursday or Friday this week. Normally I'd loved it, but I'm BORED!

Good lord, I stop there I'll never get anything done. Going to try to put wheel studs in tomorrow without bending / twisting or otherwise hurting my stoopid ribs. Maybe head over to the neighbors, I think he has a small arbor press. If not I'll try the old pull them through with lugnuts trick.
    Is that a Staun Deflator in your pocket or are you just glad to see me???

"Has anyone ever mistaken the chicken outside for a crab?" JeepGeneral's Avatar
    I got busy at work yesterday and didn't get a chance to call Ralph for you. I'm off today so I'll get it done!

I ordered modified rotors from Currie to fit the Warn hub kit. The pilot or through hole was supposed to be 3.575. +/- .015. Unforetunately they sent unmodified rotors. The holes were never machined out. Soooooo... I called Currie and Charlie Currie is going to call me back. I will take them to work tonight and machine them out. I am deciding whether I want to tell them that or not. Let them compensate me somewhow, maybe a little kissing is in order.

Chuck Currie just called me back. After much apology and finding out what happened. (Shipper sent wrong rotors.) He is sending me 2 T-Shirts.

I explained to him that I will just machine them out. He told me he would send me out a new set of rotors today, but I told him they wouldn't be here in time to install them. He told me that for my frustration factor he would send out some shirts. I told him I'd gladly advertise for him!

I didn't even know you could get the rotors shipped machined now, that's handy. Well, apparently not handy for you!

Got rotors machined out last night. Heading off to have studs pressed in. Then go gather the rest of the goods. Feels good to have a day off.

I'm definitely in for tomorrow, whenever I wake up, so probably be there 10-11am haha. Saturday I can be there after about 2pm if you still need help, I've got a job to take care of at noon.

Do you still need to pick stuff up tonight? I have a 20 ton press here if you want to do the studs in the rotors, I'm off today.

Hubs are pressed onto rotors. I got everything on my grocery list except a D30 gasket which I am about ready to go get.

BRING WARM CLOTHES. I will have a torpedo heater and talking my friend into bringing his heater as well but it will still be cold.

Friday, Mar 21

High: 44 °F RealFeelŪ: 41 °F
    Some sun, then increasing clouds

Friday Night, Mar 21

Low: 25 °F RealFeelŪ: 27 °F
    Cold with snow, rain mixed in early, accumulating 2-4 inches

Going to pass on trip over there tonight. I won't get anything done if I head that way. Studs are in. I can wait till tomorrow to do the u-joints.
    Matt please bring your u-joint tool. It will make life much easier.

D-30 gasket? I can bring a propane torpedo also if you'd like.
    If I wanted to hear from an ass, I'd fuckin fart.

'01 Silverado 2500HD crew, D.D./tow pig.

'86 Jeep MJ longbed 2wd SLOWLY evolving to '99 4wd <--FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by john00TJ View Post
    i wouldnt let that dude paint my mail box, but whatever

I'll bring the tools tomorrow - don't get a d30 gasket, they always end up leaking, good RTV (like napa black, Mopar black, "the right stuff) always makes a better seal, and lasts indefinitely. I have a 30,000 BTU propane heater, but I think Steve's is 40 or bigger, and I don't have a full tank right now.

I have grease stains on the knees of my dockers Muzikman's Avatar
    I dunno, I love the gaskets on my Rubi. No leaks and no RTV mess. I have even had the covers off a couple times and reused the same gaskets.
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam
    Pittsburgh (Penn Hills), PA

The Xterra
    The Jeep

Blah!

Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    Blah!
    x49

www.RalphsOffRoad.com RalphDogg's Avatar
    i got the message from tom. i do not have the tool. i usually use a hammer/ press. i have some work to do friday afternoon. i can stop by when its all finished and everyone is covered in dirt.

Ok.

Got the front of the Jeep in the air. Blasted everything again, twice. Got tires off. Unpacked / unwrapped, tires, all RE lift stuff, and Warn hub kit crap.

Need a 1/2" impact, mine took a crap. Need a puller to get stock hubs off of the knuckle. Got one nut off the one side, and working on the other. Can't get hub to budge though. While I realize those hub nuts are supposedly torqued to 150 ft lbs. I had a breaker bar on it, with a 3 foot pipe and stood on it. Nada. Definitely need a 1/2" impact for it.

Had my torpedo heater fired up in the garage and it got so hot I had to take my jacket off. We should be fine with heat.

MY RIBS SUCK!!!

I will have my mom's silver Saturn parked in the driveay. My buddy will have a white Ford Exploder in the driveway as well.

STEVE!!! Remember I asked about the bump stop threaded hole.

Originally Posted by MF Steve!
    (I always thought the old one unbolted and the new one went in the same hole. I could be wrong, but most I have done used the existing mounting location with a longer bolt.)

Well I unpacked the box with the bump stop extensions. The bolt for the axle side is 3/8-16. There is no current hole in the axle pad to accept the bolt. I sharpened up a 5/16 drill bit to pop a hole in it to tap for that bolt.
    It's hard to explain it, you'll see tomorrow.

I will be there around 10'ish as I have to get all the kids up / dressed / fed and moving.

Any trouble getting there call moms at 724-838-1217, tell mom your coming to help Brian.

Cya guys tomorrow.

Moderator of the DeeDeeDees! Bill's Avatar
    224 McIlvaine Rd
    Greensburg, PA 15601

I am using the GPS to get me there... I should be out of work by 2pm, home, changed, and on the road heading to your place by 3pm.
    2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - Call of Duty Special Ops Edition (De-badged)

"The two most common elements in the universe are nitrogen and stupidity."

Smart phone, dumb Wrecker! Wrecker's Avatar
    What did that goat ever do to you?
    Gotta be a special place in heaven for those girls who believe in making a lot of guys happy instead of making one miserable

Free Frank!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    224 McIlvaine Rd
    Greensburg, PA 15601

I am using the GPS to get me there... I should be out of work by 2pm, home, changed, and on the road heading to your place by 9pm.
    Fixed for you.

Brian, I am bringing a crate of goods. I will bring the 18v Snap-On cordless impact (more balls than any airgun ever,) some impact sockets/swivels, 18v cordless sawzall. Do you need me to bring anything else? Do you have enough jack stands? Let me know via this thread, or my number is in my profile if you want to call.

Smart phone, dumb Wrecker! Wrecker's Avatar
    Why not change at work or there since you will be a hell of alot closer from Oakland? ......I know some OCD shit or something. Every trip starts from home. K-Mart is where you get underware too.
    Gotta be a special place in heaven for those girls who believe in making a lot of guys happy instead of making one miserable

Free Frank!

I think we've got you covered on tools, I'm just throwing a bunch of shit in the back of the Corolla when we head out tomorrow morning...

Bill, read original instructions to moms house I posted. You stop at 224 Mcilvaine Rd and the nieghbor will point you 200 yards up the road to the next house. house is a crappy off redbrick. Driveway is gravel. Garage is white with a red building below and between the house and garage. Look for a silver Saturn, white Exploder, Matts urban assault vehicle in the driveway.

If you see the bridge over McIlvaine Rd, you have went too far.

Steve I have a good sawzall as well. My buddy will have 1 too. We can pretty much completely disassemble the XJ in minutes with the stuff we will have!

I have 2, 2 ton jackstands, which are under the XJ right now. Front end is in the air, front tires are off and it is sitting in a puddle of PB Blaster.

Brian: A puddle of PB blaster is simply unnaceptable. You need to fill a swimming pool with it, and dump the XJ in there overnight. That is the only way to be sure.

I'll see you tomorrow (less dumb.) LMAO.

Thread Information