Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Settlers Cabin Mountain biking?

I also im chomping at the bit to get to Bavington. I hear nothing but good things.
    lame

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Quote Originally Posted by cjw94xk View Post
    i definitely wanna get down to Bavington sometime soon, but I really just started riding again about three weeks ago. So maybe in a few more weeks when I get my legs back under me.
    As for the night riding... I used to love doing it but as of right now I am not set up for it. I was gonna look into a setup though. Any recommendations?
    everyone is preaching LED but i'm not 100% sold yet.

i'm running a nite-rider Moab HID setup. I've seen some HID setups on ebay going for 150 bucks-300 bucks. You can get into a tri-newt LED for 400, but i honestly can't see having less light than what i have with my HID.

Urbanek runs a motorcycle helmet HID that's ridiculous. It's like the sun going down the trail. It washes out my HID! only thing is it's pretty large and heavy. But it certainly puts out a HELLUVA lot of light!

i think he built that in the 300 dollar range.
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecker View Post
    50% of the time I went to the waterfall we would find somebody makeing out or more. Just seemed like a good place to get frisky.
    is that where you take all your boyfriends?
    1980 CJ-7 304 TH400 BW1339
    1999 TJ Sport 4.0 32RH NP231
    2001 XJ Sport 4.0 AW4 NP231

Smart phone, dumb Wrecker! Wrecker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepxj3 View Post
    is that where you take all your boyfriends?
    It would take you to assume that. I am straight. I have a wife. I have a child. YOU??????
    Gotta be a special place in heaven for those girls who believe in making a lot of guys happy instead of making one miserable

Free Frank!

how far is this settlers cabin from say the north hills? I'd be down for checking it out.... once my horse is back together.
    lame

Smart phone, dumb Wrecker! Wrecker's Avatar
    Settlers is in the Robinson Twp area.
    Gotta be a special place in heaven for those girls who believe in making a lot of guys happy instead of making one miserable

Free Frank!

http://www.alleghenycounty.us/parks/maps/scmap.pdf

thats the park? says the trails are blazed, but nothing about biking.
    lame

I need to start riding again. I am so out of shape it is not funny.
    2007 FJ Cruiser, Sliders, Skid, CB, Compressor, Rear Locker, Axe, Shovel, 32" Dick Cepek Mud Country's, AFE CAI.....

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! ArtCloud's Avatar
    settlers cabin trails suck, there's a puddle to go around every 10 feet it takes about an hour to ride a trail that should take 15 minutes, i would recommend bavington or south park any day of the week over settlers, there are nice trails in the settlers area but not in the park.
    -Art Davis-

-2008 Yamaha WR250X-
    -2011 WV Jetta SEL-

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! cjw94xk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtCloud View Post
    settlers cabin trails suck, there's a puddle to go around every 10 feet it takes about an hour to ride a trail that should take 15 minutes, i would recommend bavington or south park any day of the week over settlers, there are nice trails in the settlers area but not in the park.
    If they are not in the park, where are they? I do agree there is a good amount of mud, but honestly that does not bother me. I have been to South Park before but barely scratched the surface of whats down there. For me though, Settler's is much more convenient...

There is a trail that you can run from the old logging road on noblestown across from the sewer pipe plant on greg station. if you know the right trails to take you can ride all the way out to gamble road then circle back around to pinkerton road and go straight accross the road to another trail. If you follow that long enough it will take you right onto ridge road between bayers property and settlers and its not too tough to ride ridge road back to baldwin and back down to noblestown and pickup your car.

Theres also a way to use the trails from the tennis courts to cut back down to the old road (used to be a park entrance) across the street from the roadway tavern where baldwin meets noblestown. This is one of the trails that will give you a headache from all the puddles you have to dodge though.

Those are the trails worth riding, i will try to make a map later this weekend if i have time...
    -Art Davis-

-2008 Yamaha WR250X-
    -2011 WV Jetta SEL-

Give me your email and I'll forward you the map i made, its not perfect but it illustrates where the trails take you.
    -Art Davis-

-2008 Yamaha WR250X-
    -2011 WV Jetta SEL-

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! cjw94xk's Avatar
    Well, today I took a longer ride at Settler's today. Started on the Tepee trail but branched of which took me through some tight single track. Somehow I ended up on the pink trail and then the purple, and then eventually down the pipeline where there was a nice drop off. But after that, all I saw was mud. Came up the backside of the waterfall trail and I ended up walking a bit of it because I could not get any traction. Still not to bad for being close by, but I think it is time to hit South Park or something.

Thread Information