Thread: Cook Forest

Less posting, more wheeling!

Cook Forest

anyone going to be camping in or around cook forest this weekend. i am heading up thursday and coming back sat.

Trail Leader
    where at are you gonna be camping. my camp is right on the clarion river straight over the hill from the cook forest trading post on 36, go down the hill on 899, cross river and make a right up river road a couple miles. we will be there all weekend kayaking (hopefully river is in good shape). are you going to a campground or roiughing it along the river?
    F.U.B.A.R

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! TimMichaels's Avatar
    I'll probably be working at the Pale Whale canoe livery all weekend. I'll try to get a look at the river and let you guys know how the level looks.
    Tally-ho!
    -Crash
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.captaincrash.net

Quote Originally Posted by yamadog257 View Post
    where at are you gonna be camping. my camp is right on the clarion river straight over the hill from the cook forest trading post on 36, go down the hill on 899, cross river and make a right up river road a couple miles. we will be there all weekend kayaking (hopefully river is in good shape). are you going to a campground or roiughing it along the river?

we are camping in cook forest. i know where about your camp is.. i plan on driving down belltown/river rd one day... i am going to take a ride out 949 past clear creek, make a left over the river and go west on belltown/river rd.

i have a friend who owns cherry run cabins right about where said to you turn to your camp over 899.

i'll look for your red jeep!

Trail Leader
    cool, I am about 1/2 mile from the cherry run cabins. looks like it will be a sweet weekend with the weather. if ya get close give me a buzz 724-882-0471. have a great weekend!!
    F.U.B.A.R

thanks, it might be cold up there! especially at night.

if i call....whats your name? haha

Its in the 50's up here right now but should be in the 70's this weekend, 80 by Monday.
    Tally-ho!
    -Crash
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.captaincrash.net

50's is ok during the day. i plan on hiking and what not. but man, i might be shivering at night.

Well the rain has done great things for the river conditions. Stopped at the canoe launches upstream from Cooksburg this afternoon. River conditions are PERFECT for a good canoe trip. Water up over the rocks and currents got some speed to it without being too swift to inhibit control of the canoe. If you go, just remember some spots are probably still shallow and a lot of rocks are just under the surface. Keep an eye out.

Oh and if you're gonna be doing some hiking hit up my section of the North Country Trail!!
    Tally-ho!
    -Crash
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.captaincrash.net

Thread Information