Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7Springs Free Lift pass weekend!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Muzikman View Post
    And the hardcore freeride guys probably thought you shouldn't have been there.
    probably, unfortunatly I porbably have more time on those trails than they have!!!
    1980 CJ-7 304 TH400 BW1339
    1999 TJ Sport 4.0 32RH NP231
    2001 XJ Sport 4.0 AW4 NP231

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzikman View Post
    And the hardcore freeride guys probably thought you shouldn't have been there.
    X2

I went up there on Thursday and there was a couple guys riding up there on hardtails who were well over their heads. On an XC trail they probaly would have been fine but it sucks when you come up on them going more than twice their speed in the jump line and have to slow down.

A couple years ago when I lived out west I was on a double black diamond DH trail and I came up on a guy on a hardtail. It was a section of trail that was real rocky with some big drops but I knew it like the back of my hand so I was blowing through it at full speed. When a trail is real bad all my energy is going tword keeping the bike on the trail and I can't devote too much to slowing down. So I hit this guy square in his rear wheel at nearly full speed. The impact spit the bike out from under him and 30 or 40 feet down the trail, he ended up on my handlebars and then we both went down. Luckily he was ok barring a couple minor scrapes. Sure it was my fault because I hit him from behind but if he was riding the proper bike (Dh or Free ride bike) he would have been moving much faster and I would have had the time to slow down for him. Also he had no business being on a double black trail. Now if this happened on a green trail or a blue then I could understand more but I don't go nearly as fast on those trails.

So to get to the point: I am sure you could ride any of the trails up there on your bike but you are endangering yourself and others if you ride trails over your head. I could ride all the trails up there on my cyclocross bike if I wanted.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Quote Originally Posted by trailerrails View Post
    X2

I went up there on Thursday and there was a couple guys riding up there on hardtails who were well over their heads. On an XC trail they probaly would have been fine but it sucks when you come up on them going more than twice their speed in the jump line and have to slow down.

A couple years ago when I lived out west I was on a double black diamond DH trail and I came up on a guy on a hardtail. It was a section of trail that was real rocky with some big drops but I knew it like the back of my hand so I was blowing through it at full speed. When a trail is real bad all my energy is going tword keeping the bike on the trail and I can't devote too much to slowing down. So I hit this guy square in his rear wheel at nearly full speed. The impact spit the bike out from under him and 30 or 40 feet down the trail, he ended up on my handlebars and then we both went down. Luckily he was ok barring a couple minor scrapes. Sure it was my fault because I hit him from behind but if he was riding the proper bike (Dh or Free ride bike) he would have been moving much faster and I would have had the time to slow down for him. Also he had no business being on a double black trail. Now if this happened on a green trail or a blue then I could understand more but I don't go nearly as fast on those trails.

So to get to the point: I am sure you could ride any of the trails up there on your bike but you are endangering yourself and others if you ride trails over your head. I could ride all the trails up there on my cyclocross bike if I wanted.
    that's why I stuck to te easy trail. I only saw 2 other people on it. it was like the fun section on your favorite xc trail. I was staying the hell off the seriousstuff but still had a goodtime
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Thread Information