Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lift Kit Decisions

Alley's official biooootch!
    Wanted to bring this back to the top.

I'm finishing up collecting all of the parts for this thing since I decided to piece it together instead of ordering a kit. Only took me a year and half to do with school bills and all lol.

My next question is more of a big favor. Matt (Krod) was originally going to help me install the lift but he is a busy man..apparently the Pimpin business takes up alot of your time. I wanted to see if anybody else would be willing to help me throw the lift on one weekend. I've been PB'ing the hell out of it and its in such great condition for a 93 that I can guarantee all of the bolts should come right off. Most of them I had planned to cut and replace anyways to make things go quicker. All in all we'd be installing the lift and an SYE..I'm hopeful that if things go our way we could get it done in a day.

All I really need is someone with the tools and a place to do it as well as more expertise than me. I'd really appreciate it and of course will pay with pizza and beer! I'm still waiting on some parts to get in but was hoping to do it before the end of June if possible.
    Last edited by .J u s t i n; 06-06-2009 at 04:29 PM.
    [COLOR=White]"When Life starts to pass you by....[B]Downshift[/B]"[/COLOR]
    .....then again that used to be my motto until I got the Jeep...now THAT doesn't even work half the time.
    [quote=MemorEsto;134880]I was gonna say something about Justin being over at your moms house again... but I won't. That'd be mean.[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by .J u s t i n View Post
    Wanted to bring this back to the top.

I'm finishing up collecting all of the parts for this thing since I decided to piece it together instead of ordering a kit. Only took me a year and half to do with school bills and all lol.

My next question is more of a big favor. Matt (Krod) was originally going to help me install the lift but he is a busy man..apparently the Pimpin business takes up alot of your time. I wanted to see if anybody else would be willing to help me throw the lift on one weekend. I've been PB'ing the hell out of it and its in such great condition for a 93 that I can guarantee all of the bolts should come right off. Most of them I had planned to cut and replace anyways to make things go quicker. All in all we'd be installing the lift and an SYE..I'm hopeful that if things go our way we could get it done in a day.

All I really need is someone with the tools and a place to do it as well as more expertise than me. I'd really appreciate it and of course will pay with pizza and beer! I'm still waiting on some parts to get in but was hoping to do it before the end of June if possible.
    I can help you out. Just got mine mobile (again) and I have done the YJ lift thing before. Got tools and jackstands and stuff and the special snapring pliers for the SYE.
    Ian

I heart bumpsteer...

1993 YJ, My Jeep's as tall as I am

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    teraflex shackle front and rear of each leaf. quick connect sway bar. body lift only if needed. track bar for 36'' or larger tires. mild recurved leafs ... 2.5 '' max.

Alley's official biooootch!
    Quote Originally Posted by jim91303 View Post
    teraflex shackle front and rear of each leaf. quick connect sway bar. body lift only if needed. track bar for 36'' or larger tires. mild recurved leafs ... 2.5 '' max.
    Um.........what?

If that was a recommendation which I'm assuming it was I already know what I'm doing and am almost done collecting parts. Thanks though.
    [COLOR=White]"When Life starts to pass you by....[B]Downshift[/B]"[/COLOR]
    .....then again that used to be my motto until I got the Jeep...now THAT doesn't even work half the time.
    [quote=MemorEsto;134880]I was gonna say something about Justin being over at your moms house again... but I won't. That'd be mean.[/quote]

Thread Information