Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For all you hunters...

Don't know you Tom, but that sucks that you fell out of the tree. Just to let you know, I archery hunt strictly from the ground. I do not use a blind, just scent lures and scent control. I use trees or bushes to hide in and kill both Buck and Doe every year. My buds from the Burgh have been witness to the ground deal as they were in trees watching,.....they had a hard time believing that you can kill just as easily from the ground. Finding a good set up area is more important than alot of scouting. Good luck with the back and try the ground this year,...."Once you kill from the ground, you always stay down" -Buddy

PghOffRoad Old Schooler BigZees's Avatar
    I've been hunting from the ground for over 32 years and have harvested many a deer, in archery and rifle season. I feel sorta confined in a treestand. I like to move around / scout / hunt, movement to contact type hunting. (The times I did hunt out of trees I was always strapped in. I'm gravity impaired.)
    Is that a Staun Deflator in your pocket or are you just glad to see me???

Less posting, more wheeling!
    sorry to hear that.

Get better soon and take it easy for awhile.
    -Olive Drab '92 YJ 2.5L 4 cyl. 5" of Lift on 31s
    -Red 95' Ford Mustang 3.8L V6
    [URL]http://www.facebook.com/s.php?init=q&q=Josh%20Smith&ref=ts&sid=08224d5b5a2d538d53383c6dc50e92aa&n=-1&o=4&hash=386f3c35d984fbab966f16b2e50c02a4&sf=p&s=40#/profile.php?id=1715834776&ref=profile[/URL]

PM from [B]Gibson[/B]:

" **** off you donkey fistting pedofile "

"Has anyone ever mistaken the chicken outside for a crab?" JeepGeneral's Avatar
    Well the doctor put me in a hard plastic upper body brace for the next 2 months. It sucks but could be worse I guess. I'm not allowed to do anything, except work. Oh well, I'll be spending hunting season in a ground blind videotaping my grandfather.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    So I guess that means no Rock Run for you on the 11th. I'll be willing to get in touch with Dan if you want me to take over the planning of the potential trip there.
    [URL="http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7670"][/URL]

Sorry to hear that Tom...now have him write you a letter so you can get a handicapped permit and use a crossbow!
    If I wanted to hear from an ass, I'd fuckin fart.

'01 Silverado 2500HD crew, D.D./tow pig.

'86 Jeep MJ longbed 2wd SLOWLY evolving to '99 4wd <--FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by john00TJ View Post
    i wouldnt let that dude paint my mail box, but whatever

"Has anyone ever mistaken the chicken outside for a crab?" JeepGeneral's Avatar
    I'm not sure about RR yet, it's still a month away so I hope I'll be good to go by then with the brace. I plan to call the doctor in a few days and ask.

I thought about hunting with a crossbow. We have a few ground blinds set up that I can hunt from, it just seems too easy to me. I hope to recover quicker than expected and get back in the tree before the season is over.

Thread Information