View Poll Results: Who are you planning on voting for?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama

2 6.45%
  • McCain

17 54.84%
  • Undecided

6 19.35%
  • Not planning on voting

6 19.35%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Presidential Election 2008

We went to a president's thing on vaca and it kept talking about how all the first presidents hating being in office and couldn't wait to be done with their term. I think it may still be the same now.
    "When you're single, you're exactly as happy as you are.
    When you're married, you can only be as happy as the least happy person in the relationship" -Rules of Engagement

"Friendship is like peeing in your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel it's true warmth."

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

2000 Grand Laredo 2"BB, 245/75/16 BFG AT/KOs

Less posting, more wheeling!
    hahaha....I love political arguing....

Quote Originally Posted by BigDukeSix View Post
    That being said, go wax Joe Pa's ass.
    And ill gladly wax Joe Pa's ass if the school that employs him is going to give me a good education...to get me a good job...so im not sitting on the intranet 24/7 whining about how the economy, apparently 'sucks'

With that being said, my vote will be for McCain ...incase you couldnt tell
    Last edited by XJchris98; 09-17-2008 at 06:12 PM.

Less posting, more wheeling! BigDukeSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XJchris98 View Post
    hahaha....I love political arguing....

And ill gladly wax Joe Pa's ass if the school that employs him is going to give me a good education...to get me a good job...so im not sitting on the intranet 24/7 whining about how the economy, apparently 'sucks'

With that being said, my vote will be for McCain ...incase you couldnt tell
    I have a job. My economical situation is fine. But if you dont think other people have some serious econimic problems, I wonder where you recieve your information from?
    Plus I really enjoy this forum. It has introduced me to some great people.
    As for Joe Pa's waxing. Awesome!! It's good to see the college fund paying dividends already!!!
    I am a Libertarian, you tattooed freak.
    DMG
    Stock 07 Rubicon Unlimited , dont really want to scratch it, dont park near me

I hate wrenching..... I love Gibbs Automotive Service

Quote Originally Posted by BigDukeSix View Post
    Ok...
    To me, Obama brings a fresh approach to D.C. politics. At least I hope this is so. "Change" , I certainly hope so. I really was disturbed by Palin's views on creationism and abstenence for teeneagers. Then her saber rattling against Russia. Now is not the time for that shit, our entire military is bogged down in the middle east. I used to like McCain. Especially when he was running for nomination against GW. Since then , in my opinion, he went from a man of independent thought to what is viewed by me a lock step with Bush doctrine and a real "heel boy" way of business.
    He was an agent of change in my view and then appeared to sell him self for the current nomination. That, coupled with the fact that if his health fails I sure don't want her as President. So, I am voting for Obama. Let the "Change" begin. As I've said before though, no matter who wins, I predict they'll end up a loser in office because they are getting a bite of a huge shit sandwich.
    Now, Matt, since you played into Chris' gameplan... Or was that the plan? hmmmm. Let the fun begin.
    Rob, Palin believes in abstinence for teenagers but Alaska has some of the most liberal policies regarding sex ed. And abortion. She hasn't forced her beliefs on her constituents. Why would that change?

The Gibson interview took Palins words out of context and distorted her viewpoint on Russia. Look at the transcripts. The whole interview was edited to make her seem foolish. And Gibson was the classic hostile interviewer.

Vote for whoever you want but be aware that Obama is being bolstered by the liberal media who are willing to distort and lie to get their messiah into the Whitehouse.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! TimMichaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    As Jason said, going in in the first place can be argued (although that was not entirely a Republican deal, don't play it as one). This can be argued.

Whether to pull out now or not, I consider that argument idiocy. What's started is started, pulling out now will create a larger disaster for us in the near future.
    But how is it idiocy? What atrocities will arise from us leaving? What is this imminent disaster?

I feel I already outlined how the most obvious outcomes are either impossible or inevitable. I'm interested if you know of another.
    Tally-ho!
    -Crash
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.captaincrash.net

Quote Originally Posted by XJchris98 View Post
    so im not sitting on the intranet 24/7 whining about how the economy, apparently 'sucks'
    If you're trying to say that our economy doesn't suck, you really need to go read up with the Economist. Then maybe follow it up with some doom's day news with a good Bearden reading
    Tally-ho!
    -Crash
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.captaincrash.net

Less posting, more wheeling!
    McCain any thing else would be insane. obama is a "trojan horse" sent here to screw the good ol USA. He's two faced and full o' $hyt, fuuny thing is alot of fools believe the $hyt.
    [COLOR=darkred]HighlanderCJ-7[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]If you don't stand behind our troops... [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#8b0000]Feel free to stand in front of them...[/COLOR]

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TimMichaels View Post
    If you're trying to say that our economy doesn't suck, you really need to go read up with the Economist. Then maybe follow it up with some doom's day news with a good Bearden reading
    Oh my God...

Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    Oh my God...

The Bearden crack was sarcasm, so yes it is BS. But do you really think we aren't in any economic problems. Like I said, I dare you to crack into the Economist a bit. We have an annual deficit of 1.5 trillion. The vast majority of Americans are living beyond their means. Investor confidence is dropping, which is a HUGE problem. In all honesty we need to do things that no party-affiliation will like: raise taxes, cut programs, and increase trade. Federal aides need drastically reduced, along with things like agricultural subsidies. Globalisation will also help. I mean come on... you know that sweet stimulus check you got a few months back? Our own government couldn't even afford to give that to you. You can thank China for it.

EDIT: I'm still waiting to hear answers to the last questions I asked you. Please explain my idiocy.
    Last edited by TimMichaels; 09-18-2008 at 07:03 PM.
    Tally-ho!
    -Crash
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.captaincrash.net

Thread Information