Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We're all screwed.

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar

We're all screwed.

It doesn't matter what candidate wins, I've decided they're both idiots.

If I vote for either of the big two, it'll be McCain. In my lifetime I have not been able to vote for anybody I actually like.

Anyone who wins, will be a president with their hands tied behind their back.
    Last edited by OverkillZJ; 10-08-2008 at 09:29 AM.

PghOffRoad Regular
    TRUTH!

I was just thinking about that myself.

I'd really like to vote McCain. He's got experience. However, that experience is in a system that has screwed us over and over.

Obama seems younger and fresh. Offering "Change". However, in reality, he's just offering the catch word that people want to hear. Will he actually do anything?

They're both full of shit.

I'd vote for Nader, but that hippie killed the Corvair, just to make a name for himself. I can't forgive that.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! Bird_Flu's Avatar
    Everyone remember, when it comes down to it the President very rarely can enact any policy without the morons in congress. He can however screw us in the foreign relations department, I wonder which candidate has more foreign relations experience.
    Want unlimited cell service, talk, text and web for $49 a month? Ask me how
    http://www.solavei.com/jjenkins101201

Michael Scott
    : Happy birthday, Jesus. Sorry your party is so lame!

Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    Considering that DC voted for Marion Barry after seeing him on video smoking crack with a hooker, I say the less input they have in our system, the better.

Less posting, more wheeling! notmYJ's Avatar
    As it is, was, and always will be, it will come down to the lesser of two evils. The problem is that the two evils are so close that the line has been blurred.
    92, 4.0, AW4, SOA, 8.8, D30, 37's, etc etc
    92, 2.5, 30, 8.8, 4.88, Locked, Winch, 15x8, 35's, 3.5" (RIP)

"Send lawyers, guns, and money. The shit has hit the fan" - Warren Zevon

Everytime someone installs a Super35 kit, an angel looses its wings. Do you want that on your shoulders every time you get in the jeep? Why, I think not...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! psychobilly's Avatar
    I've decided they're both idiots
    We agree on something again. Obama had my vote until he supported these bailouts. I'd still take obama over mccain any day of the week so its even more difficult. To bad the conservative news media killed Ron Paul before people were actually able to take him seriously. If he was in a debate tomorrow he would be our next president, hands down.

I have grease stains on the knees of my dockers Muzikman's Avatar
    I am not looking at it as a lesser of two evils, I am looking at which one scares the shit out of me the least...and well, that is McCain.
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam
    Pittsburgh (Penn Hills), PA

The Xterra
    The Jeep

Obama and Ron Paul are SOOO far apart, I'm trying to figure out how you have one following the other in your choices.

Less posting, more wheeling! gonecheenin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    It doesn't matter what candidate wins, I've decided they're both idiots.

If I vote for either of the big two, it'll be McCain. In my lifetime I have not been able to vote for anybody I actually like.

Anyone who wins, will be a president with their hands tied behind their back.

What he said

I did read some interesting things on that Ron Paul dude - too bad the government/media "voted" him out before anyone could vote him in

Trail Leader
    obamas stance on guns and gun control is enough to make me vote for mcaine.
    97 tahoe 8" lift w/ 37" tires
    07 toyota fj
    02 avalanche 2500
    97 xj

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaholic View Post
    obamas stance on guns and gun control is enough to make me vote for mcaine.
    Guns and his views on the Military, um I say hell no. He has no experience compaired to McCain and he was never in the Military. I can't vote for someone that will not fight for there country.
    [COLOR=darkred]HighlanderCJ-7[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]If you don't stand behind our troops... [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#8b0000]Feel free to stand in front of them...[/COLOR]

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I know McCain has been through alot and is older (72 I think?) but when the dude speaks it just seems like he doesn't make any sense at all and all you hear is ummm ahhhh ahhh ummm. He seems to pause alot when he talks and his style of speech is just very choppy and has no motovation to it. On the other hand Obama comes across as very cool, calm, and collected. Not saying this is the basis for a president to be elected but just look at Hitler he was an amazing speaker and he got shit done.

Less posting, more wheeling! BigDukeSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin152 View Post
    just look at Hitler he was an amazing speaker and he got shit done.

That's one way of putting it. Roughly 72 million dead people would be one way of saying he got things done I guess.
    I am a Libertarian, you tattooed freak.
    DMG
    Stock 07 Rubicon Unlimited , dont really want to scratch it, dont park near me

I hate wrenching..... I love Gibbs Automotive Service

PghOffRoad Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDukeSix View Post
    That's one way of putting it. Roughly 72 million dead people would be one way of saying he got things done I guess.
    And he brought his battered country to become a world power while developing much of the technology we enjoy today. I'm not saying that he was a good guy. I'm just agreeing that he got shit done.

Come to think of it, Joseph Stalin, Pol Pot and Ghengis Khan had a unique way of motivating people as well.
    DMG

Quote Originally Posted by sb406 View Post
    And he brought his battered country to become a world power while developing much of the technology we enjoy today. I'm not saying that he was a good guy. I'm just agreeing that he got shit done.

I'm sure the Jews would agree with that. What a truly assinine thing to say.
    Last edited by BigDukeSix; 10-09-2008 at 09:39 AM.
    DMG

There's no doubt Hitler was a great leader, there's entire college courses built around studying his leadership.

Great leaders can do great things, that doesn't make them GOOD things. Overall the world would have been a better place if he were never born, but you can't deny to do what he did, he figured out some way to make folks follow him, blindly or not.

PghOffRoad Regular
    I'm not defending Hitler for killing millions of people. Obviously, that was a horrible part of his reign. All I was saying was that he was good at motivating and leading his country. Him killing the Jews had nothing to do with his leadership skills.

Do a little research. You'll find out that a lot of stuff we use every day came out of Nazi Germany. History is written by the victors.

I did my Sr year thesis on Hitler. Yes, he was a very evil person, but in his craziness there was a lot of genius too. He used propaganda more successfully than anyone else in history. He knew that power could be gained through the printed media. I can only imagine what it would have been like if there was a TV in every household back then.

I also find it rather odd that he wanted to unite Europe and people fought and died to prevent it...and here we sit...with the EU. That was Hitlers plan.
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam

The Xterra
    The Jeep

PghOffRoad Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDukeSix View Post
    Come to think of it, Joseph Stalin, Pol Pot and Ghengis Khan had a unique way of motivating people as well.
    Still, all memorable leaders.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    By no means was I talking about the holocaust. I just meant that Hitler with his oratory / leadership skills was able to gain the support of the German people along with rebuilding Germany and also being dominant in foreign affairs. I just meant to say that I could see Obama being the president more than McCain due to his ability of being a better speaker. I don't think Obama is nessecarily better in all aspects just that he has better speaking / motovation skills.

Just being a good speaker though does not make you a good leader.
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam

The Xterra
    The Jeep

Hitler preyed on his countries angers and fears of external and internal boogeymen and succeeded through fear, intimidation, murder and oppression.
    His genius lead almost to the destruction of Germany as a country, over 7 million German people dead (about 10% of the Geman population in 1939). 6 million Jews murdered. I've also read that it is estimated that so many women were raped by the Soviets as they came through East Prussia and into Germany itself that the majority of females between 10 and 80 were and 2 million women had illegal abortions between 1945 and 1948. If it wasnt for the Western Allies securing as much land as they did and subsequently the Marshall plan, who knows what would have become of Germany?

Some genius.
    DMG

I, again, don't get your point. Genius does not mean good. Genius does not mean successful. Genius means ingenuity to the point of doing something huge in a fashion that hasn't been done. Hitler is a piece of shit and a poor excuse for a human being, but he knew how to reach people to do his evil deeds.
    Last edited by OverkillZJ; 10-09-2008 at 11:19 AM.

Hitler's genius was in using people's fear of what they had little understanding for, i.e. the Jews. Preying upon the anger of their mistreatment at the end of World War I. Using thuggery and murder as a political tool. The German people bought it lock, stock and barrel and blindly followed his genius into utter destruction. And you dont get my point? Genius doesnt lead to utter destruction or failure Matt. It leads to victory or success.
    Again, you oppose my view for the sake of opposition. Hitler is a genius becaue he was a good motivator?! You got to be fawking kidding.

Lives of nations are determined, not by the count of
    years, but by the lifetime of the human spirit.
    The life of a man is three score years and ten,
    a little more, a little less. But the life of a
    nation is the fullness of it's will to live.
    Franklin Delano Roosevelt- pure genius.

The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office.
    Eisenhower, big brass balls and all, was a genius.

Hitler was no genius.
    DMG

You don't get my point. Please spare me.
    DMG

Thread Information