Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
4Runner is long gone...been away...now I'm back with a scrub

Thread: 4Runner is long gone...been away...now I'm back with a scrub

4Runner is long gone...been away...now I'm back with a scrub

Miss my 4runner, and regret selling it to who I sold it to. The truck basically was turned into a woods beater after the work I did to keep it clean and in good shape.

Just a pic reminder

So, having gotten over that pain, I put it all behind me...lol. Well, opportunity arose to pick this up for ~350.00 roughly. V6, 5spd, 4th gear shot, little rust, stinky interior due to a leak, but torquey, and has potential!

I need some 31's cause these are beat. Probably won't do too much, just fix the body, a little paint, few lights, and just have fun with it.

Any suggestions?

Less posting, more wheeling!
    i like, lock it, wheel it end of story
    99'tj 5'' locked cocked and ready to rock...on 35's---sold
    05 rubicon soon to come

[I]You're keyboard must be different from mine... I have [B]F1[/B], [B]F2[/B], etc. I don't see an [B]FU[/B] key...[/I]

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.

Noob!
    Good find

Lock it, trim the hell out of it, and put bigger tires on it. Then wheel the snot out of it
    [CENTER]"Like Father Like Son"

[URL="http://www.offroadjunkies.net/"]http://www.offroadjunkies.net[/URL]

[B]J[/B]ust [B]E[/B]mpty [B]E[/B]very [B]P[/B]ocket
    [/CENTER]

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    paint it green in memory of the old 4runner.....
    the future is a mystery, the past is history, today is a gift and thats why it is called the present

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Ahhh, so that's your old 4runner. The 1st time I saw it I was like, "That thing is awesome." I saved all the pics to my computer that you used in your 4sale ad. They're actually in my photobucket link down below in the "nice 4runner" file. I'd like to paint my cherokee that color some day. First I have to find a different cherokee and even before that I have to find a job.
    Last edited by crazyasianofpa; 11-02-2008 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Added some
    CrazyAsianofPa

94 YJ on 33s. Welded rear, gutless 4 banger 5 speed, but a helluva lot of fun.

Yeah, I miss my 4runner for sure. I really liked that truck, and would've loved to have gone further with it.

This is where I'm at though, so gotta work with what I have.

So, so far I came across a set of 31" Super Swamper TSL's in good condition. I welded the bumper on and got rid of the wratchet strap that was holding it on from the prior owner. I aligned it, and now it's running straight.

The problem I've discovered though, is the truck has a shot headgasket. So, the next project is to get that fixed so I can actually take the thing on some snow trails when they happen

From there I wanna add a little lighting, do some rust repair, paint, then fab some frame sliders and some under armor for it. I also need some manual hubs cause auto hubs suck.

I have to say though, I like this old Nissan. They are pretty accessible and appear pretty easy to work on. The 4runner was a little more cramped in the engine bay, but this thing is descent.

This is my last one though before I get a JEEP! I've wanted a Jeep for while, and damn it, I'm gonna get one after this one goes.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Hey man, Check out www.4x4parts.com they make Nissan only parts and are really one of the only companies out there for Nissan. Also I believe if you have the 3.0 engine you can put on alot of the parts from the 3.3 to get more power etc.
    Last edited by Ronin152; 11-17-2008 at 04:11 PM.
    [COLOR=darkorchid][/COLOR]

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I blew the headgasket in my nissan before. You'll have to disasemble most of the motor to get the head off which sucks but its pretty straight forward. The bolts holding on the intake bracket are a real pain. I wouldn't re-install em because that thing is kinda useless.

do you timing chain and guide's, tensioner etc when you have it apart. Make sure to buy the OEM parts and not the advanced brand. I did that and it didnt work out well lets say.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    check your frame over hard, weak spots hide well, belive me i know. depending on what year it is and what axle, you can swap manuel hubs from a 4-cyl HB onto it

Thread Information