Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Hand Gun buying
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hand Gun buying

PghOffRoad Regular

Hand Gun buying

With all of the talk about guns on here in the past couple of months I had to ask....What would be your ideal/favorite hand gun to own? I am sure some of you already own what would be your favorite, but if not what would it be?
    1979 Corvette
    1991 4.0l YJ
    2001 F-150

Less posting, more wheeling! JeepSteeler's Avatar
    I always wanted a little blackpowder flintlock hangun. So I could challenge people to a duel.

"Freedom is something that dies unless its used" -HST

Alley's official biooootch!
    I already own my ideal handgun as it's perfect for concealed carry and packs enough punch to get the job done.

Colt Cobra .38 Special

My dream handgun would probably have to be either a colt or springfield .45 1911
    Last edited by .J u s t i n; 10-30-2008 at 12:22 PM.
    [COLOR=White]"When Life starts to pass you by....[B]Downshift[/B]"[/COLOR]
    .....then again that used to be my motto until I got the Jeep...now THAT doesn't even work half the time.
    [quote=MemorEsto;134880]I was gonna say something about Justin being over at your moms house again... but I won't. That'd be mean.[/quote]

PghOffRoad Regular
    That is what I am looking into right now is a .45. I am going to a gun bash next weekend and I am going to def. take a look at a couple different .45's.
    1979 Corvette
    1991 4.0l YJ
    2001 F-150

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    If you have the money i would go for the XD 45, by far better than a GLOCK, i know casue we have both. Also if you want to stay around 400 or less then go with the TAURUS PT-111 40 cal. Are you looking to carry or just something to own?
    Karma...... you will get it sooner than you think...

Less posting, more wheeling!
    well like said, it depends on your intentions...

for a concealed gun.... i like these...

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...02&isFirearm=Y

rather pricey but damn are they nice... very light...

otherwise... my ruger redhawk 44 is a nice large gun to fire...

also like my XD9 for personal carry...

and my Dan Wesson 357 is very accurate...

i can't talk about guns anymore... i want them all!!

Alley's official biooootch!
    Can we make this a Post your Firearm thread in general?

I've got some pics of the arsenal!

From Top to Bottom:

Remington 870 12 ga.
    Smith and Wesson 12 ga.
    Stag Arms AR-15 5.56
    Yugoslavian SKS 7.62 x 39 (shitty synthetic stock, roommates decision)
    Saiga 7.62 x 39
    Mosin Nagant 7.62 x 54r

Pistols are:
    Colt Cobra .38 Special
    Sig Sauer 9mm
    [COLOR=White]"When Life starts to pass you by....[B]Downshift[/B]"[/COLOR]
    .....then again that used to be my motto until I got the Jeep...now THAT doesn't even work half the time.
    [quote=MemorEsto;134880]I was gonna say something about Justin being over at your moms house again... but I won't. That'd be mean.[/quote]

Smart phone, dumb Wrecker! Wrecker's Avatar
    I have a Dan Wesson 357 too.
    Gotta be a special place in heaven for those girls who believe in making a lot of guys happy instead of making one miserable

Free Frank!

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I like my beretta its single and double action with a safety and is smaller for concealability . If you have children you will want to look into a gun that has the safety factor making harder for them to fire it if they would ever get ahold of it. I am actually going to upgrade to a 40 cal in the beretta eventually.
    the future is a mystery, the past is history, today is a gift and thats why it is called the present

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    oh and there is a gunbash at the Kinlock fire dept.(new kensington area) this sunday the 2nd tickets are 20 dollars if still available...
    the future is a mystery, the past is history, today is a gift and thats why it is called the present

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    also remebember that if you are going to carry you might want to look for knock down power versus velocity. the nine mill has a higher velocity then a 40 or 45 but the 40 and 45 have a better knock down due to a larger projectile. I made this mistake in purchasing my nine mill but I am still pleased with its performance. But going with the larger cal you will also be carrying a larger in size weapon that isnt as concealable as the smaller callibers such as the nine or 38.

"Has anyone ever mistaken the chicken outside for a crab?" JeepGeneral's Avatar
    If you're not carrying, go for a 1911 style .45, I like the Kimbers.

Personally I own a S&W .40 cal tactical and really like it. My next will be a .357 w/ a 4" (possibly 6") barrel.

Less posting, more wheeling! JeepSteeler's Avatar
    I have a S&W .357 revolver - 6" barrel, nice for plinking, but too heavy to carry on a daily basis in my opinion. I do take it fishing in bear country, but haven't caught anything with it yet.
    I have a Taurus PT .40, but I don't like the clip release, I end up bumping it sometimes when shooting 2 guns at the same time.

I think the XD will be my next purchase for carrying, prob in .45

"Freedom is something that dies unless its used" -HST

get the colt 1911 and a high riding holster,load it with 200gr jacketed hollow cavity bullets and get used to the extra weight.not might,not maybe but will put an assailant down with authority

I think the real answer depends on what you want the gun for. There are different guns that are ideal for pinking, others for home defense and yet others for carry.

I am no expert on this but that is my opinion.

Less posting, more wheeling! BigDukeSix's Avatar
    Guns scare me.
    I am a Libertarian, you tattooed freak.
    DMG
    Stock 07 Rubicon Unlimited , dont really want to scratch it, dont park near me

I hate wrenching..... I love Gibbs Automotive Service

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Buy your guns now because if Obama the Muslim gets in he's gonna try and make it harder for us to buy them. He might possibly try to take them away.

The NRA says.....Barack Obama is "...the most anti-gun presidential candidate in American history."
    CrazyAsianofPa

94 YJ on 33s. Welded rear, gutless 4 banger 5 speed, but a helluva lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDukeSix View Post
    Guns scare me.
    You scare me tattoo boy
    Gotta be a special place in heaven for those girls who believe in making a lot of guys happy instead of making one miserable

Free Frank!

Quote Originally Posted by JeepGeneral View Post
    If you're not carrying, go for a 1911 style .45, I like the Kimbers.
    I don't like Kimbers, they are overpriced for what you get. I love my Para. Its on the large side for carry, but I'm a big guy so I can make it work.
    In general for carry I would prefer a 38 Spec/ 357 Mag. Decent power, concealable and revolver reliability.
    Ian

I heart bumpsteer...

1993 YJ, My Jeep's as tall as I am

Lol.
    DMG

Quote Originally Posted by NeonRyder View Post
    I don't like Kimbers, they are overpriced for what you get. I love my Para. Its on the large side for carry, but I'm a big guy so I can make it work.
    In general for carry I would prefer a 38 Spec/ 357 Mag. Decent power, concealable and revolver reliability.

I have a Ruger SP101. 5 shot 357. Could carry but no fun to shoot much

Free Frank!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecker View Post
    I have a Ruger SP101. 5 shot 357. Could carry but no fun to shoot much

"OUCH! Matt,I hurt my wittle hand!"
    DMG

Trust me the Dan Wesson with the 6in barrel vs the little Ruger is alot more fun. Most guys will run 5 through it and say nice gun and look for something to shoot.

Free Frank!

you can take a colt 1911 tie it to your D ring in the back and take it on a trail ride slap a clip in and it will go bang.and remember if it,s worth 1 bullet it,s worth 2. you don,t need to end up having some slimeball suing your butt for protecting yourself.as for your guns obama doesn,t want to take your guns just the bullets that pierce body armor thats all rifle ammo and all the little bullets that are easily concealable your handgun bullets.
    remember the conisitution states "the right to bear arms" not "the right to bear loaded arms"i,m voting for the guy that looks like the guys on my money.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I have a Rock Island model 1911 and it is one of the best investments I have ever made. For under $500 You cant beat it. I also have a Ruger LCP in 380 ordered. The guy at the gun shop told me that I am number 15 on the waiting list for that one. It weighs only a few ounces and fits in the palm of your hand! great carry gun.

Thread Information