Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deer Hunters...

Less posting, more wheeling! JeepSteeler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MemorEsto View Post
    I could easily take down 1 and have my scope on the other before he knew what happened.

I also carry my 9mm inside my jacket as well.

I don't doubt it, but that's if shooting someone over this....ya know.....actually crossed one's mind. That's the easy way out....for them. I was pissed but not homicidal. I should have just followed them around all day on my quad.

Now if it was a big trophy 12 point B&C they spooked......

"Freedom is something that dies unless its used" -HST

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Speaking of pigs... Did anyone notice they opened up hunting feral pigs in butler county? Now with that being said I have never seen a wild pig in the woods, do we really have that much of a problem? Dont get me wrong I would definately take a boar if I seen one while Im out hunting!
    the future is a mystery, the past is history, today is a gift and thats why it is called the present

Less posting, more wheeling! JeepSteeler's Avatar
    I had no idea we had feral pigs in this state. I have seen them in the "wild" in the South...they can mess you up! They do destroy crops and land like crazy. Many states have no limit hunts on them.

"Freedom is something that dies unless its used" -HST

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Quote Originally Posted by MemorEsto View Post
    I could easily take down 1 and have my scope on the other before he knew what happened.

I also carry my 9mm inside my jacket as well.
    haha, nice to know others carry side arms and have homicidal thoughts like me...

ok so shooting someone over this was a "knee jerk" thought.... but.... it would have been more amusing to follow them around all day keeping a "short" distance and just make a ruckus

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Feral swine is a HUGE problem in PA. It's so bad in Bedford and Cambria Counties that you can't hunt them because they're getting so wary of humans. The PGC is trapping the hell out of them. They eat eggs, fawns, anything. They also tear up the woods and farm fields.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Archery for two weeks here and wiffed an 8 point with a nice spread and know where he dens at, and it is right up from my house, i'm gonna try and get him late season or this week. Went to camp for 4 days and one of our buddies got a nice 7 at day break and won the buck pool. Buddy saw a 8 and no shot and his uncle saw a 10-12 with no shot, should of hit him in the bakc of the head if you ask me. Saw a coyote at 6;45 out of the stand but didn't shoot him. Up camp there is buck only for first week thne whatever last week. We wondered why the deer were scattered and found out three young kids snuck on the property and pushe em out of our woods(30 acres then another 28 next to it we hunt), damn kids pushed the srong way and trespassed!
    Karma...... you will get it sooner than you think...

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepSteeler View Post
    LOL....well there were 2 of them with guns and only 1 of me with a gun....

I expect too much from my fellow man I suppose.
    Thats why I carry my 44 on my hip in plain site and the 9mm in my back pack.

Had my nephew with me on monday hunting game lands, we had been freezing our butts off since 4:30 am in the blind when some dude comes tromping up the valley like he was on a sunday stroll. we had been watching 3 doe (which he scarred off) when he decides to post up in front of us about 50 yards down range. I whistled a couple times, he would look but not move. So I stood up so he could see me and whistled still didn't move. I went down had a little chat with him....he moved. Isn't it hunters ediqued if someone is hunting an area and you walk up or even see them, that you move on? People suck
    trailphotos.ragnorox.com
    A wise man once said: "Fighting on the internet is like the special Olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded."
    "I just don't get all the hype over it. If it doesn't make me a sammich or go down on me, I'm not going to rant and rave about it."
    -OverkillZJ

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I haven't made it out yet I've been at work a lot since Monday I'm hoping to get out as soon as I can.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepSteeler View Post
    I had no idea we had feral pigs in this state. I have seen them in the "wild" in the South...they can mess you up! They do destroy crops and land like crazy. Many states have no limit hunts on them.

they say it can take as little as 30 days for a released pig to turn feral, they will eat just about anything from crops to baby fawns. they are mean little buggers too ....
    the future is a mystery, the past is history, today is a gift and thats why it is called the present

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! jackb1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dan58 View Post
    Feral swine is a HUGE problem in PA.
    There was one off of Cemetary Lane in the North Hills for a while. It is just a basic residential area with a very small woods area around the cemetaries. My friends dad used to walk there almost daily and told us he'd see a boar regularly... we didn't believe him until he brought back the skull 6 months later.
    It's not illegal, it's frowned upon.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/v...?Q=175360&A=11 here is link with an interesting article relating to the feral hogs from the state game....

Thread Information