Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
"New" Jeep

Thread: "New" Jeep

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!

"New" Jeep

Just won this beauty on Ebay. $920.00 Going to do some mods to make er trail ready for the GF. I have an 8.8 and a Dana 30 both geared 4:10. Any good ideas for a budget lift??

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Looks nice and clean. Kinda like mine when it was a baby.

I would check the boards for used after market parts. Or you can go the JY route.

I have heard about using f150 coils in the front and adding a leaf from I think an s10 in the back. You may need a slip yoke etc. Talk to Joshs1ofakindxj as he is helping someone do a similar lift up here.

Nice! If you wanna put together a lift, I have some RE 3.5" coils and rear leaf springs. The spring packs need cleaned up and new bushings. You'd have to come up with shackles and control arms, and the various small parts. PM me if you're interested!
    If I wanted to hear from an ass, I'd fuckin fart.

'01 Silverado 2500HD crew, D.D./tow pig.

'86 Jeep MJ longbed 2wd SLOWLY evolving to '99 4wd <--FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by john00TJ View Post
    i wouldnt let that dude paint my mail box, but whatever

^ I know nothing about uni-bodys but would my old stock shackles work for him?

If so Jeff and you want them they are yours.
    -Olive Drab '92 YJ 2.5L 4 cyl. 5" of Lift on 31s
    -Red 95' Ford Mustang 3.8L V6
    [URL]http://www.facebook.com/s.php?init=q&q=Josh%20Smith&ref=ts&sid=08224d5b5a2d538d53383c6dc50e92aa&n=-1&o=4&hash=386f3c35d984fbab966f16b2e50c02a4&sf=p&s=40#/profile.php?id=1715834776&ref=profile[/URL]

PM from [B]Gibson[/B]:

" **** off you donkey fistting pedofile "

Alley's official biooootch!
    I think the first mod you should do is to sell that 8.8 to me
    [COLOR=White]"When Life starts to pass you by....[B]Downshift[/B]"[/COLOR]
    .....then again that used to be my motto until I got the Jeep...now THAT doesn't even work half the time.
    [quote=MemorEsto;134880]I was gonna say something about Justin being over at your moms house again... but I won't. That'd be mean.[/quote]

^ yeah i agree, Ill even take the 8.25
    -Olive Drab '92 YJ 2.5L 4 cyl. 5" of Lift on 31s
    -Red 95' Ford Mustang 3.8L V6
    [URL]http://www.facebook.com/s.php?init=q&q=Josh%20Smith&ref=ts&sid=08224d5b5a2d538d53383c6dc50e92aa&n=-1&o=4&hash=386f3c35d984fbab966f16b2e50c02a4&sf=p&s=40#/profile.php?id=1715834776&ref=profile[/URL]

PM from [B]Gibson[/B]:

" **** off you donkey fistting pedofile "

Hey Jeff I thought she wanted a wrangler? I found this article when I was looking up info on making a bastard pack for my YJ, it might help. BTW nice rig for under a grand. I think I saw that on Craigslist in the past.

http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/...udget_Lift.htm
    trailphotos.ragnorox.com
    A wise man once said: "Fighting on the internet is like the special Olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded."
    "I just don't get all the hype over it. If it doesn't make me a sammich or go down on me, I'm not going to rant and rave about it."
    -OverkillZJ

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Mark, You have a PM and thanks for the info.

The 8.25 will be for sale as soon as I get my dead ass busy and get the 8.8 in.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by MF Steve! View Post
    Nice! If you wanna put together a lift, I have some RE 3.5" coils and rear leaf springs. The spring packs need cleaned up and new bushings. You'd have to come up with shackles and control arms, and the various small parts. PM me if you're interested!
    Steve......you have a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by busij44 View Post
    Mark, You have a PM and thanks for the info.

The 8.25 will be for sale as soon as I get my dead ass busy and get the 8.8 in.
    Just out of curiosity, or maybe rather because I've never seen this talked about and just want to know personally.

Are there any benefits to swapping the 8.25 into a YJ? Like is the swap possible or even beneficial at all?

I guess that might be considered a noob question but I've never even thought about it until now.
    .....then again that used to be my motto until I got the Jeep...now THAT doesn't even work half the time.
    [quote=MemorEsto;134880]I was gonna say something about Justin being over at your moms house again... but I won't. That'd be mean.[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by .J u s t i n View Post
    Just out of curiosity, or maybe rather because I've never seen this talked about and just want to know personally.

Are there any benefits to swapping the 8.25 into a YJ? Like is the swap possible or even beneficial at all?

I guess that might be considered a noob question but I've never even thought about it until now.
    that 8.25 is only 27 spline...it wouldn't be worth your time.

I guess you could swap in a 29 spline newer 8.25 but it still doesn't have the aftermarket support that an 8.8 or 44 will have.
    00 Cherokee Sport

_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew2516 View Post
    that 8.25 is only 27 spline...it wouldn't be worth your time.

I guess you could swap in a 29 spline newer 8.25 but it still doesn't have the aftermarket support that an 8.8 or 44 will have.
    Thats exactly what I had thought, just figured I'd ask for my own knowledge since I've never seen it brought up before.

Justin, A friend of mine has an 8.8 he's trying to sell. I'm not sure about gearing or really what it is but he was planning on putting it in his TJ. if you're interested I can make a phone call
    2007 Quad cab frontier LE
    1998 wrangler with pink wheel centers (hers)
    2004 trx450r stress reliever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sycotik Skier View Post
    Justin, A friend of mine has an 8.8 he's trying to sell. I'm not sure about gearing or really what it is but he was planning on putting it in his TJ. if you're interested I can make a phone call
    I would definitely be interested in learning a little bit more about it such as gearing and whatnot as well as what other work it needs done to make it swap ready.

I haven't been able to find a really sweet deal on these axles. The junk yard by me back home in MD was wanting like 600 or so for one of theres with disc brakes and 4.10's. We have a 95 explorer that I'm pretty sure has an 8.8 in it but its got drum brakes.

On another note and Im sorry if i'm thread jacking. Does anybody know a good link that maybe lists what type of axles came on what vehicles? Reason I ask is because we have an 89 Ford Bronco and I wanted to see what rear axle it has.

Thread Information