Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Could I have some opinions on this rig?

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gonecheenin View Post
    NOTHING is unbreakable, so if thats what your looking for - I'd suggest knitting, I hear them needles hold up well for the long haul.
    So is that why Heidi does that needlepoint thing?

Maybe I should give it a shot, since everything I touch breaks.. But I'd probably end up stabbing myself with the needle.

Just for history and clarity. The AMC version of the TH 400 is different on the bellhousing end than a GM version and they came factory behind AMC V-8's in the 70's and V-6 Commandos in the late 60's-71. They did not come with a D300 behind them. Early FSJ and Commandos [pre quadra trac] had model 20 t/c, then quadra trac. In 1980, they went to Chrysler Auto's. If you are luck enough to find a 1980 Scout D300, you can bolt it in place of a model 20. Otherwise, its adapter time.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! Bird_Flu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    So is that why Heidi does that needlepoint thing?

Maybe I should give it a shot, since everything I touch breaks.. But I'd probably end up stabbing myself with the needle.
    Matt, you doing Needlepoint you would find a way to get the largest needles possible and you would end up going to the emergency room at least twice in a span of two weeks. Never forget you lost a battle with office equipment.
    Want unlimited cell service, talk, text and web for $49 a month? Ask me how
    http://www.solavei.com/jjenkins101201

Michael Scott
    : Happy birthday, Jesus. Sorry your party is so lame!

Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    Considering that DC voted for Marion Barry after seeing him on video smoking crack with a hooker, I say the less input they have in our system, the better.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! mxg342's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dan58 View Post
    That's a cool rig and worth taking a shot at it. AMCs leak. That's how you know they still have fluid in them. The 360 is a good old school tq monster motor, but it does leak. Mine does, even after new gaskets all the way around.

Yep. I can never seal mine up.
    84 CJ7 with some stuff....

2005 Dodge - Tow Pig 462/865

Trail Leader
    here it is if anyone wants it. i negotiated the price down to 2300. i think he'll go lower. http://altoona.craigslist.org/cto/947241639.html
    Last edited by aquaholic; 12-23-2008 at 06:18 PM.
    97 tahoe 8" lift w/ 37" tires
    07 toyota fj
    02 avalanche 2500
    97 xj

Noob!

Captian America Rules

The jeep looks good, they always do in pictures. Then again, the description also looks good. Can't build one for that price. Best advice is drive it...in 4WD. While parked on street, turn wheels to hard left (and right) and give it some gas, see if it catches hard - should chirp. Then give it a good drive in and out of 4WD, listen for clanks (also in reverse). Biggest issue would be bad U joints and worn out motor. Looks good, hope it works out. if not, consider a rag top. Lots of fun in the summer getting mud on the inside of the windshield.

High-horse-ASSumption-master
    did you read the whole thread?
    -s-10 d60/14bff, 496bbc, th400,205, locked- mud racer, NO PATIENCE

-'15 dmax

me asking about a jeep for sale --- actually its still for sale, I just didn't want it to go to an *** like you

Obviously not...
    If I wanted to hear from an ass, I'd fuckin fart.

'01 Silverado 2500HD crew, D.D./tow pig.

'86 Jeep MJ longbed 2wd SLOWLY evolving to '99 4wd <--FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by john00TJ View Post
    i wouldnt let that dude paint my mail box, but whatever

Noob!
    Sorry, I guess not.

Alley's official biooootch!
    Quote Originally Posted by LongBed View Post
    Sorry, I guess not.
    You are living proof that RIF (Reading is Fundamental)

On that note, welcome to the forum! If you can take our sick twisted sense of humor and constant ball busting you will fit right in
    [COLOR=White]"When Life starts to pass you by....[B]Downshift[/B]"[/COLOR]
    .....then again that used to be my motto until I got the Jeep...now THAT doesn't even work half the time.
    [quote=MemorEsto;134880]I was gonna say something about Justin being over at your moms house again... but I won't. That'd be mean.[/quote]

Noob!
    RIF...thats why I like books with lots of pictures.

Thanks for the warm welcome, next time remind me to stand-up so you can just kick me in the jimmy. The twisted humor and ball bustin is great.

After finally figuring out the thread, I was actually planning to look at the Chief tomorrow. The seller (Bradley) said someone looked at it today and is planning to buy it tomorrow.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    rif...thats why i like books with lots of pictures
    99'tj 5'' locked cocked and ready to rock...on 35's---sold
    05 rubicon soon to come

[I]You're keyboard must be different from mine... I have [B]F1[/B], [B]F2[/B], etc. I don't see an [B]FU[/B] key...[/I]

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.

Alley's official biooootch!
    Quote Originally Posted by LongBed View Post
    RIF...thats why I like books with lots of pictures.
    You and me both, Im usually the one who looks at all the pictures in a thread and then just skips straight to my reply w/o reading.
    [COLOR=White]"When Life starts to pass you by....[B]Downshift[/B]"[/COLOR]
    .....then again that used to be my motto until I got the Jeep...now THAT doesn't even work half the time.
    [quote=MemorEsto;134880]I was gonna say something about Justin being over at your moms house again... but I won't. That'd be mean.[/quote]

Smart phone, dumb Wrecker! Wrecker's Avatar
    I like pictures too.
    Gotta be a special place in heaven for those girls who believe in making a lot of guys happy instead of making one miserable

Free Frank!

Less posting, more wheeling! BigDukeSix's Avatar
    Buy it and have fun would have been my opinion on that. Those old Cherokees are monsters. It leaks? So what. Anything that old for that price in half decent shape would make a great toy. Good body would be awesome, everything else would be a bolt on.
    I am a Libertarian, you tattooed freak.
    DMG
    Stock 07 Rubicon Unlimited , dont really want to scratch it, dont park near me

I hate wrenching..... I love Gibbs Automotive Service

Trail Leader
    heres a link to my photobucket with a bunch of better pics of the chief. i still think i can do better. http://s328.photobucket.com/albums/l...rsjudge/chief/
    07 toyota fj
    02 avalanche 2500
    97 xj

Trail Leader
    case in point. now this one i like. 1992 Jeep Cherokee with 34 inch super swamper's, Chrome-olly axles, steering stabilizers, custom paint, on board air compressor. Any many others. Built for rock-crawling but would do well anywhere in the woods. 5 speed transmission with about 75k miles on the rebuilt motor. http://s328.photobucket.com/albums/l...92cherokee.jpg
    07 toyota fj
    02 avalanche 2500
    97 xj

High-horse-ASSumption-master
    PRICE? just go buy something already. what was wrong with the blazer you had before? on shorty's mud bog site i seen you talking about one?
    -s-10 d60/14bff, 496bbc, th400,205, locked- mud racer, NO PATIENCE

-'15 dmax

me asking about a jeep for sale --- actually its still for sale, I just didn't want it to go to an *** like you

Trail Leader
    in hindsite, selling that blazer was a huge mistake. i should have kept it. i really want a jeep but i just cant stop gravitating back to those f'in big chevys. thats why i really started this thread. to see if a full size chevy could wheel with the jeep guys and i believe from reading the beginning of the thread that its probably not a super good move. ultimately i will find a cherokee or wrangler before spring. i like them cause they are short and thin and light weight. i got a line on some cherokees for this weekend. i just dont want one that i need a torch to work on every time i crawl under it. i'de like it to be just rust free enough to not have to take a torch to everything under it to remove parts and be inspectable (or close to inspectable). the only other thing i was really considering other than jeeps at this point was 70's vintage 1/2 ton chevy short beds. hey yzeater, tell me this burban isn't totally badass. http://www.racingjunk.com/post/13905...n-on-39-s.html
    07 toyota fj
    02 avalanche 2500
    97 xj

Just buy my XK. Legal and solid. I need the money to refurnish my house. I looked for awhile myself. I wanted no shitbox with rust I could see through. How hardcore do you want to start at? An XJ has parts that are easy to get and still reasonable and with a 6 the gas will not kill yopu. I know you want to start cheaper and that is cool. But an XJ (mine or another one ) is a good way to start.
    Gotta be a special place in heaven for those girls who believe in making a lot of guys happy instead of making one miserable

Free Frank!

Trail Leader
    wrecker, i sent you a pm. i am going way out of my way to try and avoid the full size chevy's. i really dont care much for the s10's either. if i'm gonna go with something with light duty stock running gear i figure i'll stick with jeep since i've never owned one and would like to. i found 2 lifted 97's (which i believe have better axles under them than the pre 96 xj's) and a 92 lifted with a winch and a stinger front bumper. we'll see if i can get to them before they are gone. unfortunately, due to a death in the family i cant get to any of them before saturday afternoon.
    Last edited by aquaholic; 12-31-2008 at 04:12 PM.
    07 toyota fj
    02 avalanche 2500
    97 xj

I was jsut giving you a little crap after spending sometime with a few beers last night. I know that I need to address a few things before someone would consider buying my ride.

Free Frank!

Trail Leader
    i've been there. my buddy signed me into the eagles club last saturday night. took me all of 3 hours to get tossed out. i really went ballistic when they shut the karaoke mike off on me. you really dont need to do anything to it. it couldn't take more that 1/2 hour to hook up that oil pressure guage (assuming it's similar to hooking one up to a chevy). thats all i'de really need. someone flagged the post for that 92 i like for deletion so its no longer visible. i called the guy to be sure he still had it and he does. i didn't mention his ad got deleted when i was talking to him so hopefully that will buy me some time.
    Last edited by aquaholic; 12-31-2008 at 04:37 PM.
    07 toyota fj
    02 avalanche 2500
    97 xj

I bought an A/M water temp and Oil press gauge and a pod for it. When I do it I want it done.

Free Frank!

Trail Leader
    is the oil pressure guage you bought a real one with an oil line going to it, or is it a new guage to read the resistance from the oil pressure sending unit?
    07 toyota fj
    02 avalanche 2500
    97 xj

Thread Information