Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Could I have some opinions on this rig? - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Could I have some opinions on this rig?

Trail Leader
    hey yzeater, the dumb dumb now can totally not find the title at his dads house in york either so he's going up to johns in natrona heights tomorrow to get a duplicate title. the bronco should be sittin im my yard hopefully by tomorrow evening. i told him he could store it here until he gets his new title in the mail then we can complete this transaction. heres the pics of it he sent to me but they are not real good. i cant even for the life of me figure out why this guy rattle canned around that back wheel well. theres no rust or damage to it at all. i think he was bored. since your basically my neighbor, stop by later in the week and take a look at it. i'm no ford guy by any stretch but this thing is impressive for an 86. http://s328.photobucket.com/albums/l...e/86%20bronco/
    Last edited by aquaholic; 01-04-2009 at 06:22 PM.
    97 tahoe 8" lift w/ 37" tires
    07 toyota fj
    02 avalanche 2500
    97 xj

Web Wheeler!
    I dont know what your looking to spend cause your all over the place on prices. But if your call that bronco super clean then I would hate to see what you call rusted. I can see rust holes in quite a few of the pics. If you cant see in the pics he sent why the qauters are rattle canned you blind. I can see the patch work in the sencond to last pic from the 50 ft he took it from.

If your interested in a good trail rig that will hold up to abuse. My friend is sell a clean 85 toyota 4runner. And when I say clean I mean no rust at all on the quaters or frame or fenders. Factory straight axles that will hold up to 36's even if you drop in a V8. Hes asking $2500 for the 4 runner. I will post up a couple pics when he sends me some.

Trail Leader
    what kind of tire are those and where did he get them from???
    I am looking forward to regretting this

Trail Leader
    you are right in that aspect. i am all over the map. i really have no set price carved in stone. ultimately i'de like to be around 2k or less. now the patching you are seeing in those pictures is not patching. its just a result of some bad camera angles and a blue spray can. i cant figure out why he did the spray can thing. maybe cause the paint was just wearing off??? there isn't 1 drop of bondo on the truck. there are 2 very small holes that are about the size of dimes in the very bottoms of the rear quarters but thats just a result of the paint wearing off so some very minor rust is starting. its really nothing that couldnt be fixed in about an hour with a mig welder and a grinder. i dont think i'de even bondo something that small. i'm telling you this truck is immaculate for being 23 years old. the real shining star is underneath it. the frame, gas lines, brake lines, caliper bleed screws, suspension components, body mout bolts, (everything that usually turns to mush) etc.. all nearly look like they did when this thing left the factory 23 years ago. now lets get to that yota. since i do admit to being a yota guy and have owned many, i would definately be interested in that runner. although i do have to say, after owning many 80's and 90's vintage yotas that i would never in a million years believe your story unless i saw it. those 80's vintage yotas were made from the worst japanese steel that was ever produced. i havn't looked at many yotas recently outside of my brothers 94 runner which is also a big pile of mush underneath. i've looked at to many jepps recently that the owners have told me are beautiful and are rust free only to see frames that look like swiss cheese, body panels that had holes big enough to stick my fist through, have bolts underneath that dont even resemble hex heads any longer, have castle nuts swelled to 3 times their normal size due to rust, have brake and gas lines that look like they would explode if i even touched my finger on them, etc... and these people have told me the same story that you just did. now with that being said, as far as the body on the runner goes, it really wouldn't matter much to me. i just gonna wheel it and bang it up anyway. under the truck is where i'm looking mainly do to thats where all the components are that i'de be working on. actually i've heard that story so many times i couldn't even go look at an 85 runner. he'd have to bring it to me. unless he did a frame off resto within the last year i'de bet on the underneath is mush.
    07 toyota fj
    02 avalanche 2500
    97 xj

Trail Leader
    gilly, i have no idea what kind of tires those are. i just wasn't paying that close of attention. hopefully the truck will be here tomorrow and i'll look if you really want to know. he said he paid $800 for the 4 which probably included mounting and ballancing. personally, i think he got hosed if he paid that much for a set of 31's. i'de like a set of 33" toyo open country mt's for the bronco so those tires that are on it may be leaving soon.
    07 toyota fj
    02 avalanche 2500
    97 xj

Web Wheeler!
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaholic View Post
    you are right in that aspect. i am all over the map. i really have no set price carved in stone. ultimately i'de like to be around 2k or less. now the patching you are seeing in those pictures is not patching. its just a result of some bad camera angles and a blue spray can. i cant figure out why he did the spray can thing. maybe cause the paint was just wearing off??? there isn't 1 drop of bondo on the truck. there are 2 very small holes that are about the size of dimes in the very bottoms of the rear quarters but thats just a result of the paint wearing off so some very minor rust is starting. its really nothing that couldnt be fixed in about an hour with a mig welder and a grinder. i dont think i'de even bondo something that small. i'm telling you this truck is immaculate for being 23 years old. the real shining star is underneath it. the frame, gas lines, brake lines, caliper bleed screws, suspension components, body mout bolts, (everything that usually turns to mush) etc.. all nearly look like they did when this thing left the factory 23 years ago. now lets get to that yota. since i do admit to being a yota guy and have owned many, i would definately be interested in that runner. although i do have to say, after owning many 80's and 90's vintage yotas that i would never in a million years believe your story unless i saw it. those 80's vintage yotas were made from the worst japanese steel that was ever produced. i havn't looked at many yotas recently outside of my brothers 94 runner which is also a big pile of mush underneath. i've looked at to many jepps recently that the owners have told me are beautiful and are rust free only to see frames that look like swiss cheese, body panels that had holes big enough to stick my fist through, have bolts underneath that dont even resemble hex heads any longer, have castle nuts swelled to 3 times their normal size due to rust, have brake and gas lines that look like they would explode if i even touched my finger on them, etc... and these people have told me the same story that you just did. now with that being said, as far as the body on the runner goes, it really wouldn't matter much to me. i just gonna wheel it and bang it up anyway. under the truck is where i'm looking mainly do to thats where all the components are that i'de be working on. actually i've heard that story so many times i couldn't even go look at an 85 runner. he'd have to bring it to me. unless he did a frame off resto within the last year i'de bet on the underneath is mush.

Like I said if you think that bronco is clean, you dont know what clean is. I can see a hole about the size of a half dollar or bigger in the passenger side quater. As for him bringing it to you, I guess your the one thats going to miss out. Cause there is noway thats going to happen for the price he is asking for it. Its not a had a frame off resto. The only thing thats not orignal body is the front fenders and hood. They are OEM fenders he got a deal on.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ667 View Post
    Like I said if you think that bronco is clean, you dont know what clean is. I can see a hole about the size of a half dollar or bigger in the passenger side quater. As for him bringing it to you, I guess your the one thats going to miss out. Cause there is noway thats going to happen for the price he is asking for it. Its not a had a frame off resto. The only thing thats not orignal body is the front fenders and hood. They are OEM fenders he got a deal on.

Has it been in a garage it's whole life. I'd give my left nut if it was as clean as you say. Pics or shut the fawk up.

Trail Leader
    i thought about that last post. i gotta appologize. i shouldn't have said that about that runner. man, i'de love to have a runner that clean. you just gotta understand how many times i've heard that story over the last 3 months. i've been from erie to johnstown and bridgeport isn't exactly close to where i am either. i just couldn't travel that far based on what your saying. if he took some pics of under it i'de consider going. i had an 85 pickup with 33's on it back in the day that i beat the livin shit out of. never broke a dam thing on it. never even replaced a simple u joint and drivetrain was completely stock with the exception of a 4" lift.. edit: ok maybe that was a lie. when both rear shock mounts rusted off it i did drive it around for a month with no rear shocks at all.
    Last edited by aquaholic; 01-04-2009 at 09:14 PM.
    07 toyota fj
    02 avalanche 2500
    97 xj

Web Wheeler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman 94 xj View Post
    Has it been in a garage it's whole life. I'd give my left nut if it was as clean as you say. Pics or shut the fawk up.

Cut the left nut off F%cker heres a couple pics. that I have of the body

Thanks Fawker, I'll send it in the mail.

Where's the frame shots?

Trail Leader
    shit, i'de give both nuts for a yota like that. havn't used em much since i got married anyway. i just cant believe something like that exists. by 1992 both rear shock mounts on my 85 yota had totally rusted off the truck and it was only 7 years old at the time.
    07 toyota fj
    02 avalanche 2500
    97 xj

Alley's official biooootch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman 94 xj View Post
    Thanks Fawker, I'll send it in the mail.

Where's the frame shots?
    I hope he says frame shots require the right ball!
    [COLOR=White]"When Life starts to pass you by....[B]Downshift[/B]"[/COLOR]
    .....then again that used to be my motto until I got the Jeep...now THAT doesn't even work half the time.
    [quote=MemorEsto;134880]I was gonna say something about Justin being over at your moms house again... but I won't. That'd be mean.[/quote]

Trail Leader
    hey you guys gotta be nice. i've eaten more shit in this thread than anyone. if i can take it, you guys can to.
    07 toyota fj
    02 avalanche 2500
    97 xj

Quote Originally Posted by .J u s t i n View Post
    I hope he says frame shots require the right ball!

Nope, I'm keepin that one lol.

Geno I apologize for not reading over this ENTIRE thread but I did read that youve been looking at a Bronco.

We have an 89 Eddie Bauer edition Bronco that has been sitting for a few years since my dad died that my mom has wanted to get rid of for awhile but doesnt know how to go about doing it herself. I havent looked at it in detail recently but when I get home tomorrow I'll check it over just for the hell of it and snap some pics for you. Maybe she wouldnt mind getting rid of it for less than a grand...I think she just wants it gone.

Off of the top of my head though I know that it is in pretty decent condition, it was my DD when I was in high school and I took good care of it. Believe it or not it only has 73k on it which is original miles but I'm sure it has its fair share of minor problems...biggest one I can remember is that the muffler is rusted out. Anyways like I said I'll give it a look tomorrow and take some pictures for you even if it just for the hell of it.
    Last edited by .J u s t i n; 01-04-2009 at 09:28 PM.
    .....then again that used to be my motto until I got the Jeep...now THAT doesn't even work half the time.
    [quote=MemorEsto;134880]I was gonna say something about Justin being over at your moms house again... but I won't. That'd be mean.[/quote]

Trail Leader
    i gotta admit that was funny. i'm still waitin on those front suspension and frame pics though.
    07 toyota fj
    02 avalanche 2500
    97 xj

Trail Leader
    i appreciate that justin. after sitting for that long though its probably gonna be more work than i wanna do. my friend up the street was gonna give me his 89 f-150 for nothing but it had been sitting about 2 years. i went up and reurected it for him (i just got it running) but i didn't even take it. everybody in this thread thinks i'm looking for this great rig and it's all about money. it really has nothing to do with money. it does have every thing to do with the amounts of work i'm gonna have to do to it. i just wanna have fun with one. not spend 2 years working on it and making some super rig. i'm just gonna go out and bust the shit out of it anyway. i do appreciate the offer though.
    07 toyota fj
    02 avalanche 2500
    97 xj

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    wow, alright man. go buy the Bronco and have fun. As long as you're happy.

just don't expect to keep up with it. a rig That massive on 31's or even 33's, even locked.... i can't imagine that squeezing though the crick bed at wellsville or even getting to the steps at sturges...

but hey, if you think you can do it good luck. i wasn't trying to be a dick...
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Hey no problem man, I just saw the mentioning of a Bronco and it came to mind. Although, after reading over the thread a bit more I still find myself slightly confused.

Are you looking for something to build but prefer to start with a solid base so you dont spend all of your time working on problems?

Your comment about busting it up anyways makes me think you just want something cheap, even though you said money doesnt matter, that you can beat on...but if thats the case then why the need for it to be in decent shape?

I never read through this whole thread and don't intend to, BUT, you will not be able to wheel the places we wheel with a full size. Granted they have their place and anything can be done, but in reality it'll be more trouble than it's worth.

If you're looking to do the red neck mud pit thing than fine. Otherwise, get some pics of that yota or pick up a stock jeep and go from there.

This thread is a fucking joke. You're asking for opinions, and getting responses. Don't get all butthurt about what people are saying. Yes, I may come off as an asshole with this post, but I believe I'm speaking for the majority. Welcome to Western PA. Home of rusty full size pieces of shit, and tight trails they won't fit down. Pipe down and buy a flippin Jeep or Toy already...I think you have enough worthless full-size rigs already.
    Last edited by MF Steve!; 01-04-2009 at 09:47 PM.
    If I wanted to hear from an ass, I'd fuckin fart.

'01 Silverado 2500HD crew, D.D./tow pig.

'86 Jeep MJ longbed 2wd SLOWLY evolving to '99 4wd <--FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by john00TJ View Post
    i wouldnt let that dude paint my mail box, but whatever

there is a good reason the majority of people wheel jeeps and toys around here. Full size are too big for the majority of the trails, as everyone else as said yes they can work but it's a hell of a lot easier to get a jeep or toy and wheel it, that's why full sizes are so cheap.
    2007 Quad cab frontier LE
    1998 wrangler with pink wheel centers (hers)
    2004 trx450r stress reliever.

Trail Leader
    i know. i still really want a jeep. i also own an fj, a corvette and a harley. all of which have their own cult following. jeep seems to have that same thing.
    07 toyota fj
    02 avalanche 2500
    97 xj

i know. i still really want a jeep. i also own an fj, a corvette and a harley. all of which have their own cult following. jeep seems to have that same thing.

Yess, now end this cluster fawk and let us know what you end up with. Put a little cash into it and see you on the trail.

Well considering that I dont see anyone on this forum rolling a FS Bronco (to my knowledge at least) I'd suggest since you cant beat us to join us.

And the first person who says it's a jeep thing is going to get pistol whipped.

Thread Information