Thread: Heavy Duty Adjustable WJ Trackbar Build

Heavy Duty Adjustable WJ Trackbar Build

Time I stopped polluting the "Steel" thread with my questions...

I'm in the process of putting together a beef trackbar for my WJ. It will be adjustable and include a narrow body Johnny Joint on the axle end and poly bushing on the vehicle end.

Here's the parts:

• Currie Johnny Joint Forged Rod End # CE-9112N-13 - 1 x 14 x 1.6"w with jam nut
    • JKS Urethane Bushings # 7087R and Sleeve #3618SL

I'll be using 1.25"OD x .188 wall DOM for the trackbar. Instead of welding in a threaded insert, I'm having the end of the tube threaded to accept the JJ.

I still need to pick up the DOM - anyone have a piece (about 4' long). I also need to source a tiny amount of some 1.625 x .120 wall DOM for the JKS Bushings.

The reason for this is my new IRO springs (3"), BPE's, JKS Discos and 5125 Bils awaiting install - then some new shoes so I can get the WJ inspected.

Pics of the progress to follow.
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee - New motor, long arms, 33's | Jeep FSM's & other stuff -> JeepsLimited.com

I'd say make sure the ID of the DOM will work with the Johnny Joint shank diameter...
    Also the track bar has a tricky bend to it, if u replicate the bend and use the stock lower axle mount, be sure to get the bend right.
    If u weld on a NEW lower mount in a location on top ofvthe axle tube, you might not need to bend your DOM, it makes sense to keep the track bar straight if you can.
    Custom Jeep MJ Buggy, HP60, FF14 Bolt, 5.3L LM7, NP241 on 40s

I guess it's time for an update. My kero heater is broken (and Reddy Heater parent, Desa is bankrupt - so no parts available), so I've been waiting for it to get a little warmer. This weekend should be a chance to get something accomplished.

I ended up getting a length of 1.25 x .25 wall DOM. I couldn't find anyone with .188 wall nearby. The piece has already been drilled/tapped for the JJ and is ready for me to bend it. I need to install the D30 Solid cover I just got to make sure I clear it.

The piece for the JKS bushing is actually for 1.75 x .120 wall DOM which I already have.
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee - New motor, long arms, 33's | Jeep FSM's & other stuff -> JeepsLimited.com

Thread Information