Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Government ban on minibikes and small atv's.

PghOffRoad Old Schooler BigZees's Avatar

Government ban on minibikes and small atv's.

Here is a little something I find a tad disturbing.

http://www.mediapost.com/publication...art_aid=100149

If you think this is a load of bullchips send your petition in.

http://capwiz.com/amacycle/issues/al...apwiz:queue_id
    Is that a Staun Deflator in your pocket or are you just glad to see me???

Less posting, more wheeling!
    whats next?

unbeliveble.

I was in Borders Books the other day, and saw a book based around what would the founding fathers say to todays world,laws,taxs ect. I shoudl have bought it. Makes me think of this.
    Last edited by 92YJCBG; 02-14-2009 at 02:38 AM.
    -Olive Drab '92 YJ 2.5L 4 cyl. 5" of Lift on 31s
    -Red 95' Ford Mustang 3.8L V6
    [URL]http://www.facebook.com/s.php?init=q&q=Josh%20Smith&ref=ts&sid=08224d5b5a2d538d53383c6dc50e92aa&n=-1&o=4&hash=386f3c35d984fbab966f16b2e50c02a4&sf=p&s=40#/profile.php?id=1715834776&ref=profile[/URL]

PM from [B]Gibson[/B]:

" **** off you donkey fistting pedofile "

Alley's official biooootch!
    Read about that the other day.

If we are worried that kids are going to lick or eat their dirtbike or atv we really need to reevaluate our sanity.
    [COLOR=White]"When Life starts to pass you by....[B]Downshift[/B]"[/COLOR]
    .....then again that used to be my motto until I got the Jeep...now THAT doesn't even work half the time.
    [quote=MemorEsto;134880]I was gonna say something about Justin being over at your moms house again... but I won't. That'd be mean.[/quote]

I'm jealous that my subtible is lame.
    I heard something of this before, but was misinformed. I was lead to believe the ban was on powerwheels & such.

My Letter has just been sent to help stop this stupid BS ban. This world really has taken a sad turn, that some A HOLES would think a child rider would look at his OHV as a got dam happy meal..... I mean WTF! This world makes me EFFING sick some times. I'm goin to bed.

Less posting, more wheeling! JeepSteeler's Avatar
    We are doomed.

"Freedom is something that dies unless its used" -HST

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    are they f#@$^$g serious????? They actually believe that kids are licking and chewing on ATV's???? OMG
    [quote=OverkillZJ;182503]You poopstick![/quote] [quote=Gibson;183934]i cant get my nut off, my hand is to damn big.[/quote] '94 XJ sport, 4 dr, 4.5" RC lift,and a Logan's front bumper.

That is lame. Look for that to be the next end-run around the 2nd Amandment, too.

That is ridiculous. Seems like some cockamamie BS to keep everyone's attention while BO is doing other shady stuff. First 30 days in office tells the tale. So far, no good.
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee - New motor, long arms, 33's | Jeep FSM's & other stuff -> JeepsLimited.com

Smart phone, dumb Wrecker! Wrecker's Avatar
    If you dont like mini bikes then go after them for CO or make them put roll bars on them But lead poisoning? Come on, is that what we are up against?
    Gotta be a special place in heaven for those girls who believe in making a lot of guys happy instead of making one miserable

Free Frank!

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebby View Post
    That is ridiculous. Seems like some cockamamie BS to keep everyone's attention while BO is doing other shady stuff. First 30 days in office tells the tale. So far, no good.
    Is this some thing he did?

I'm pretty sure this was an end of term deal by bush. If I remember right, it was done on August 20, 2008. Check the AMA website for more info.

www.americanmotorcyclist.com

Less posting, more wheeling!
    done
    [COLOR=darkred]HighlanderCJ-7[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]If you don't stand behind our troops... [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#8b0000]Feel free to stand in front of them...[/COLOR]

What I want to see is the comparison of lead poisoning cases from China made toys vs. children munching on their OHV's!

freaken government is a bunch of cock bags

Trail Leader
    Good thing I bought my son his quad last summer. This ban is the most retarded thing I have ever herd of.

Boy, I'm still wound up tight about this one. It's no mini bike or anything, but it as you can see the 'smart' kids don't wanna eat their toys, the want to do stunts on them. This is my 20 month old daughter.Now believe me; like any other kid she wants to taste everything, but I have yet once caught her nibblin on her quad.
    Last edited by skeebs; 02-19-2009 at 01:16 PM. Reason: pic removal

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I heard that you can't even get parts for these mini bikes or quads. The only oneselling parts is KTM for now.
    [FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#2f4f4f][SIZE=3]Build Thread of my first Project[/SIZE]:[/COLOR][COLOR=#fffacd][URL]http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10689[/URL][/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by skeebs View Post
    Boy, I'm still wound up tight about this one. It's no mini bike or anything, but it as you can see the 'smart' kids don't wanna eat their toys, the want to do stunts on them. This is my 20 month old daughter.Now believe me; like any other kid she wants to taste everything, but I have yet once caught her nibblin on her quad.
    Amazing how people will believe the crap they read w/o checking the sources. I was just at a local ATV dealership and they never even heard of this article....total BS.
    Check the actual source...

http://www.cpsc.gov/ABOUT/Cpsia/cpsia.HTML#whatsnew

http://www.cpsc.gov/ABOUT/Cpsia/101lead.pdf

BTW: If you believe everything you read from some trash rag website...I've got a nice piece of swampland in florida to sell ya.
    72 Jeep Commando, 401, Auto, Swampers, Locked...

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore! limegreentj's Avatar
    no need to be an . how the hell were we supposed to know that the website is bullshit? if it even is? still...no point to come off so strong to people that get pissed off when they read shit like that
    98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

00 xj- opposite sex-j or wife-j

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

Originally Posted by [B]dangerranger44[/B]
    i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

PghOffRoad Old Schooler BigZees's Avatar
    Here is MIC who requested the exclusion. http://www.mic.org/

If you go to this link, http://www.cpsc.gov/ABOUT/Cpsia/cpsia.HTML#exclusion

scroll down to the,

Requests for Exclusions from Lead Limits under Section 101(b) of the CPSIA

and then check these.

http://www.cpsc.gov/library/foia/foi...ition/pp37.pdf

http://www.cpsc.gov/library/foia/foi.../pp37_resp.pdf

I hope you are right commando72 and this is just bullcrap. I'll dig into it a little further tomorrow.
    Last edited by BigZees; 02-15-2009 at 04:33 AM.
    Is that a Staun Deflator in your pocket or are you just glad to see me???

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by limegreentj View Post
    no need to be an . how the hell were we supposed to know that the website is bullshit? if it even is? still...no point to come off so strong to people that get pissed off when they read shit like that
    Finding legitimate information is never being an asshat

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore! limegreentj's Avatar
    i guess it was just the way i took it. my apologies if it was not meant to be an asshat way to say it
    98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

00 xj- opposite sex-j or wife-j

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

Originally Posted by [B]dangerranger44[/B]
    i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    atleast its not as bad as this...

http://www.stopthrillcraft.org/index.htm

The video on the main page just makes me hope the next wild fire in CA takes these guys out.

Hey if this isn't real then somebody should tell Kawasaki to change their web sight!!

I'm sorry but this is retarded.

"The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008, intending to monitor and limit lead content in accessible parts and components in children’s products, took effect Feb. 10, 2009.

As written, this new law includes thousands of products that may never expose children to harmful amounts of lead. Unfortunately, some youth model off-road motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles currently fall into this category. The Kawasaki KX™65 is one of those products.

Industry associations are working to obtain clarification of the Act or its implementing regulations which would permit us to resume selling these youth models. For now, Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. regrets that our dealers cannot sell the affected products starting February 10, 2009.

Comments regarding this regulation should be addressed to your congressional representatives in Washington, D.C. To view the latest information regarding this regulation, visit: http://www.cpsc.gov/about/cpsia/cpsia.html"

What a bunch of malarkey.

PghOffRoad Regular
    all this because walmart and other giants outsource to china for cheap lead painted toys so our great government passes a law putting everything that any kid might touch into the same category.
    We have a family business of selling products for Handicapped children and adults, all of which are made in the US or the UK and we are at their mercy with this new law. It is impossible to have every product tested as it is an outrageous amount of money to do so..... gota love our gov't, DONT impose rules on CHINESE garbage, make it hurt the american people

Thread Information