Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
***PART 2 - Return of The Low Buck Big Bang Build*** - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ***PART 2 - Return of The Low Buck Big Bang Build***

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    Time to start throwing money at this heep so it's ready to beat over the summer.

I'm putting on the Skyjacker track bar I have that I used on the daily driver XJ and didn't like because it wears out too fast: http://www.jeep4x4center.com/front-t...-sj-tba10.html

I'll throw a dirt cheap heim joint in it because the one in it now is junk: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-4-16-RH-He...-/150443684473

I'm taking the upper and lower RE super flex control arms out of the daily driver XJ, which never gets wheeled, and put them in the beater.

The daily driver will get stock uppers and these lowers: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Cheroke...item3cbf38f7ab

Also the beater still has stock shackles with a Dodge Dakota AAL, so might as well throw these in to try and get more flex: http://www.ebay.com/itm/84-01-JEEP-X...item27c2bafdad

I should probably pick up some YJ brake lines for it.

I really want to hack off the rear roof and then make a 6 point internal cage and bolt on the sliders I made for the daily driver XJ and took off it.

Last, I'm still hunting for 4.11 or deeper gears for the Dana 30 front, or a replacement Dana 30 axle with 4.11s, and a Ford 8.8 with discs and 4.11s for the rear.

Took a little time today to blow the dust off the beater jeep. I don't think it's moved since I wheeled it at the Toys for tots event at Rock Run. The deuce and a half has been getting all the attention.

First I had to break free the alternator (nothing new), then I put on some lift shackles in the back and cut off the rear roof. I left some meat on the top part cause I'm not sure how to finish it. Probably a rolled over edge.

It still goes everywhere and runs like a champ. I can't wait to do the 4.11s, front locker, and front suspension upgrade.

It REALLY is going to need a cage soon though.

Well, decided to part out and scrap it. Time for another XJ build.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! HeepH8erTy's Avatar
    Are the shackles being parted? if so, how long, how much? if they're for 2" of lift, I want em. I have 1" lift ones on there now with beat ass springs...wanna get her ass up a lil bit while spending as little as possible lol
    02 ZR2 Sonoma- 4.3, 5spd, DD/Bike Hauler
    07 TRX400EX- XRC-ish woods krewser
    04 KX220 Hybrid Woods Weapon
    97 KDX220 Plated Street/Woods beater

Need some Powder Coating done? Let me know!

I already slapped those on my DD XJ to give it a little boost up. I'm holding on to all the suspension parts. I'm sure I'll use them in the future.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! HeepH8erTy's Avatar
    i gotcha
    02 ZR2 Sonoma- 4.3, 5spd, DD/Bike Hauler
    07 TRX400EX- XRC-ish woods krewser
    04 KX220 Hybrid Woods Weapon
    97 KDX220 Plated Street/Woods beater

Need some Powder Coating done? Let me know!

Less posting, more wheeling!
    if you need a longer set of bumpstops for the next beater, i have some brand new ones your welcome to.
    03 s10 4x4
    89 irocz mullet mobile
    90 miata v8 project

PghOffRoad Regular
    Josh i have a D30 with 4.56 gears all in good condition if your interested. It was fully functional in my Tj when i dropped it for a D44. It still has brakes, steering, & track bar mounted to it. I also have a 4.56 gear set for a d44 rear if you'r thinking of swapping a 44 in the rear.

Make me an offer.
    99 TJ mega squirt ECU running a LS series truck motor, 6" long arm 4 link, 38" TSL's bead locked, d44hp ARB,ctm's alloy shafts, ruby d44 w/ARB

I did buy a set of used 4.11s. I don't think I will be needing those though if my new beater jeep is my DD which has a 4.0, AW4, and 3.55s. I can life with that with 33s offroad.

Thread Information