Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
500 miles, 3-days, and a filthy Jeep, ANF Trip-Report

Thread: 500 miles, 3-days, and a filthy Jeep, ANF Trip-Report

Trail Leader

500 miles, 3-days, and a filthy Jeep, ANF Trip-Report

So it all started a back at the Erie Camping Expo, strolling through checking out campground booths i see something that catches my eye. There on a table sits a RC Jeep. I go over to check it out and notice a binder with pictures of Jeeps. Campers Paradise is the name, turns out they have a Jeep Camp every year. So i grab a brochure and we continued to walk around. I come home and get online and check out the site. Seems like a cool place. Maybe we should go check it out for a few days and just get outta town.
    I do some searching on the net, everyone says the same thing, theres no fun to be had.
    We book a cabin and decide to head down anyway, whats it gonna hurt.
    I mapquest out some directions and grab my maps, decide why take the interstate? I drive a Jeep.
    Packed up Saturday night, and on the Road at 7:00am Sunday. Our route takes us on Rt 6 into Corry then Warren, then directly into the Alleghany National Forest.
    First stop is Kinzua Park area as its only 8 miles off the planned path.

And the mandatory Jeep Pose

As we continue our path from Route 6 to Route 666 we come across a neat little store, "Tall Oaks" Inside are tons of cool pictures and whatnot, i picked up a neat sign that says "Detour" with an arrow pointing both directions.
    We get into Sigel, PA, where Campers Paradise is located, WAY to early. Our check-in isnt until 4:00pm, we have 3 hours to kill. I decide we will go check out Clear Creek State Park. I had heard of some scenic un-paved roads, better yet, they had no winter maintenance.

The first road was a nice drive, it wound up the mountain to a place i had heard about call "Bear Town Rocks"

We got out and walked around, tons of cool rocks to climb on, if only it was legal to take the Jeep in. Still had a bit of time before check-in so we just kept exploring some of the legal un-maintained roads in the area. We find a cool place to stop and flex the jeep all the way out and grab some pics as well.

Finally 4:00 gets here and we get into our cabin and un-pack the Jeep.
    As we are sitting back relaxing a lifted JK Unlimited comes hauling past and slams on the brakes. It sits there then takes off down the road only to turn around and come back into the driveway of our cabin. Turns out its the owners son, riding in a Rubi Unlimited JK on 35" Mud-grapplers, he asks if i go wheeling and i said just look at what im in? He asks if i wanna go now, its 9:00 at night, i ask if its legal and he says sure is. Off we go back into the woods, we go through a very nice tight technical trail with quite a few creek crossings and rocks and tree stumps, super cool little loop. He comes back to the cabin and we BS for a few more hours and have a few beers. He asks if we'd be up for wheeling tommorrow and i say without a doubt.
    Noon rolls around Monday and we load up to hit the same loop trail, this time running it backwards.

We didnt get many pics because we were just having too much fun. We finished up that trail and head to another loop trail that he knew of. Just as fun and very technical, needless to say i came home with some new pinstriping and a fresh coat of mud on the jeep.

We still had some daylight to burn and still hadnt gotten around the campground, so while we were checking it out came across a little rock to play on.

Woke up this morning, Tuesday and had to check out by noon, so breakfast was cooked and shoveled down and onto the road we got. I made a decision to try a different way home to take us through Cooks Forest and see what it had to offer. We came across a rather fun unmaintained road, Breezemont Drive. Up we climbed, and found a nice spot for some pictures.

We continued on our way which took us back onto Route 666, which turned out to be a BIG mistake, the road was horrible, it was rougher than the unmaintained dirt roads in the forest. Luckyily i see a branch and we hook a left up a what i thought was dirt road, turned out to get VERY snowy, icy and muddy, but one of the best roads so far. If anyone has the chance its called Cherry Grove Road, and runs from Route 6 to Route 666. Very scenic, and in the winter months rather challenging if your running it northbound.
    So enough of my rambling, i hope everyone enjoys my boring little trip-report in which i went into WAY too much detail!
    -Nick

*THE INFAMOUS MIDGET*
    Sold all my lifted shit to fit 3 car seats.....

2004 Trailblazer EXT G86 rear factory LSD, Bilstein struts front with Moog 81114 coils and 2.5" spacers, Moog 81069 coils rear with 2" spacer and searching for shocks.

WTB 33s for 17's

Less posting, more wheeling!
    i have been wanting to take a vacation like that any more details on the paradise place i live close to there to. looks like alot of fun
    99'tj 5'' locked cocked and ready to rock...on 35's---sold
    05 rubicon soon to come

[I]You're keyboard must be different from mine... I have [B]F1[/B], [B]F2[/B], etc. I don't see an [B]FU[/B] key...[/I]

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.

Trail Leader
    *THE INFAMOUS MIDGET*

2004 Trailblazer EXT G86 rear factory LSD, Bilstein struts front with Moog 81114 coils and 2.5" spacers, Moog 81069 coils rear with 2" spacer and searching for shocks.

WTB 33s for 17's

awesome pics.... thats some great land up there... glad you had fun!

Looks like I know where I'm going this summer with my old man.
    03 s10 4x4
    89 irocz mullet mobile
    90 miata v8 project

Nice trip.

BTW Nick did you see that your kicking ass over on JF?
    -Olive Drab '92 YJ 2.5L 4 cyl. 5" of Lift on 31s
    -Red 95' Ford Mustang 3.8L V6
    [URL]http://www.facebook.com/s.php?init=q&q=Josh%20Smith&ref=ts&sid=08224d5b5a2d538d53383c6dc50e92aa&n=-1&o=4&hash=386f3c35d984fbab966f16b2e50c02a4&sf=p&s=40#/profile.php?id=1715834776&ref=profile[/URL]

PM from [B]Gibson[/B]:

" **** off you donkey fistting pedofile "

Nice. Looks like you had fun.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Cool, looks like a great time. Used to have a camp there in farmington twp., roads were always fun in the winter.
    1984 Scrambler - On the road again
    1984 Toyota pickup - Rust
    1985 Toyota pickup - More rust
    1990 Toyota pickup - Less rust, more blown timing chain

Trail Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by 92YJCBG View Post
    Nice trip.

BTW Nick did you see that your kicking ass over on JF?

i did not? i havnt had internet while on the trip. haha. link please?
    *THE INFAMOUS MIDGET*

WTB 33s for 17's

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Looks like ya had a great time and got some really nice pics!

Yeah, Rt. 666 is a rough one!! I have a vid somewhere of when I took a streebike ride through there. Being a cell phone vid was bad enough, but the rough road made it even worse!!

Here's how rough it is. Starts from minister Creek, then out to Rt. 62
    My bike Vid.
    Last edited by hyperbuzzin; 03-04-2009 at 09:33 AM.
    ···╔════════╗
    ·█╢░░░░░░░░╟█
    ·._├────────┤_.
    ╘╕Θ║║║║║║║Θ╒╛
    ═══╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═══
    Hyper..... or, just call me Tim
    '13 Jeep JK Wrangler (his)
    '16 Jeep KL Cherokee Trailhawk (her's)

Jeep Ambassador to the FJORC

„ɹǝʇʇods ʎɯ ǝɯɐןq ˙˙˙˙sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı„

I'm jealous that my subtible is lame.
    Not boring at all Nick, nice pics & a good read. Sounds like you had a blast AND you hit the jackpot with the owners son cruising by at the right time huh! Lucky dog. I'm still in love with that YJ

Did you happen to get his name & number or lead him to the forum? Maybe he could hold a trail ride sometime in the summer It would bring his dad some business too.

Trail Leader
    They do have a Jeep event in the summer, it will be the weekend of May 29th i believe. its on the website. They have a small trailride-ob course and other little events.
    *THE INFAMOUS MIDGET*

WTB 33s for 17's

Trail Leader
    thats sweet man. cant wait to go up this summer.
    [CENTER]90 JEEP YJ, 3 1/2 lift, [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]31x10.50x15 mudders, Snorkel, [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]OBA setup, [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Front rock crawler bumper[/CENTER]

Thread Information