Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

WTB: zero turn or compact tractor with a mower and loader.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: zero turn or compact tractor with a mower and loader.

WTB: zero turn or compact tractor with a mower and loader.

I am ok with something that needs work.

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    Let me know if you come across an extra. My mower is on its last legs, and I'm having some water problems that require a lot of digging I don't want to pay for. OK. I just want to play with it...

Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    Let me know if you come across an extra. My mower is on its last legs, and I'm having some water problems that require a lot of digging I don't want to pay for. OK. I just want to play with it...
    My new house has 2 springs on the property so I feel you on the water problems.

Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    My new house has 2 springs on the property so I feel you on the water problems.
    Our yard used to be OK even though there's a creek passing through it, and the municipal runoff comes in on the corner of our property: but there's been so much development up hill from us, we're getting significant runoff that didn't used to be there. My lawnmower is sinking down in even if it's been sunny for days. I need to move a lot of dirt around on the commons space above us (which we're trying to buy from the HOA, they don't want to deal with the land and I want it) to reroute that water to the creek. Right now it's a great big flat yard we can barely use :\

www.RalphsOffRoad.com RalphDogg's Avatar
    Kubota has 0% interest loans and outstanding machines. But I will keep a look out for ya.

zero turn mowers suck on wet ground and get stuck really easy and if you have a hill to mow they are bad when the grass is damp
    Owner

www.trailbrightled.com

Quote Originally Posted by RalphDogg View Post
    Kubota has 0% interest loans and outstanding machines. But I will keep a look out for ya.
    I might actually look into that, thanks. I know they're not cheap, but I think it'll cost as much as having someone else do all of the work I need, and I get a riding mower / multi function machine out of it and can do a lot of work myself in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by flimmy View Post
    zero turn mowers suck on wet ground and get stuck really easy and if you have a hill to mow they are bad when the grass is damp
    Thanks, that rules it out for me, I need something with relatively wide tires. My backyard is perfectly flat and we're struggling with the weight of just a 21" mower sinking in.

Sorry DMG, thread hijacked for my knowledge

Hijack away. There is some good info in here.

Yes they do struggle in wet grass and off camber situations. I just upgraded to a 2001 45” Dixon zero turn and I would recommend one that the front axle pivots or has some type of suspension. My front axle is fixed and it struggles with off camber situations, the frame really needs to twist and flex to the ground. My yard is completely flat, but it stil spins tires in wet grass but, the zero turn is extremely faster than my old tractor.. hands down.

Last edited by RalphDogg; 05-10-2019 at 10:17 AM.

My mom has a rear steer ford like this. It’s bad ass. It is hydrostatic, 4wd, has a differential lock and it’s a diesel. The implements are a front finish mower, front snow blower and front snow blade. I would highly recommend something like this. You can find them used on Craig’s list for around $3,000 +

Quote Originally Posted by RalphDogg View Post
    My mom has a rear steer ford like this. It’s bad ass. It is hydrostatic, 4wd, has a differential lock and it’s a diesel. The implements are a front finish mower, front snow blower and front snow blade. I would highly recommend something like this. You can find them used on Craig’s list for around $3,000 +

I'd love to have a front mower , I used to work for a guy when I was in college and he had a John Deere front mower. If was a great machine and could really cut some grass.
    Owner

www.trailbrightled.com

Less posting, more wheeling!
    What you need is a gravely 5000 series!

Attachments galore, brush hogs, snow plows, dog eaters, pumps, trenchers, well drills, boring rigs, giant brushes, it goes on and on.....

And whats that? You need to get your cardio workout in as well!?!?

Just put the gravely 5000 series walk behind in high/high range and then enjoy the burn of jog mowing! It's like running a 5k but actually accomplishing something!

Enjoy the wonder of watching as the gravely 5000 series converts hidden bags of trash and bicycles under the snow into confetti as you use one of our patented dog eater or snowcannon snowblowers.

Guaranteed to make any dog it hits into a minimum of a 3 legged dog or you money back! All guarantee work or refunds to be provided by the Studebaker corporation.
    [I]"Its not a bondfire unless you can see if from space"[/I]\
    TJ now with the power of a 5.2L vs 2.5L get same gas mileage....crap.

Trail Leader
    I just bought a Kubota B2301 TLB (Tractor Loader Backhoe) with a mower deck. It's the next size up from the smallest series (BX) and it's much too heavy to mow in the wet ground. I've had to use my old riding mower to mow some of my yard as the kubota will sink in short order. I have clay soil and plan to do quite a bit of dirt work this year to hopefully eliminate the ponding all over my property. With the amount of work that I need done, it made sense to buy new as the used machines were either beat or within $1k of new. I had been looking everyday for about a year and only found one or two that were worth buying used, but missed out.

The reason i went with the size that I did was lift height, lift capacity, ground clearance, and dig depth on the hoe. The dealer let me demo a unit that was identical to mine, and that sealed the deal. The green colored alternative was about 2-3k more and each attachment was at least $300 more from them as well. I'm pretty happy so far, i just wish it would quit raining so i could get some topsoil hauled in and start this process.
    99 TJ
    11 Ram 1500

Quote Originally Posted by Meeke View Post
    I just bought a Kubota B2301 TLB (Tractor Loader Backhoe) with a mower deck. It's the next size up from the smallest series (BX) and it's much too heavy to mow in the wet ground. I've had to use my old riding mower to mow some of my yard as the kubota will sink in short order. I have clay soil and plan to do quite a bit of dirt work this year to hopefully eliminate the ponding all over my property. With the amount of work that I need done, it made sense to buy new as the used machines were either beat or within $1k of new. I had been looking everyday for about a year and only found one or two that were worth buying used, but missed out.

The reason i went with the size that I did was lift height, lift capacity, ground clearance, and dig depth on the hoe. The dealer let me demo a unit that was identical to mine, and that sealed the deal. The green colored alternative was about 2-3k more and each attachment was at least $300 more from them as well. I'm pretty happy so far, i just wish it would quit raining so i could get some topsoil hauled in and start this process.
    That would do everything I need but they seem to be really expensive. Probably worth it in the long run. Where did you buy yours?

Trail Leader
    Pristow's in Johnstown. They were excellent to deal with, i've never had a better dealership experience. Sure, the tractor is expensive, especially once you start adding attachments, but i'll probably never get rid of it. If you're ever in the Johnstown area, i'd be glad to let you take it for a drive and dig a few holes.
    99 TJ
    11 Ram 1500

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    Last summer my parents bought a used 2017 Kubota BX model with turf tires and belly mower from a guy's estate for cutting their grass. Got a great deal on a low hours tractor. They went to the dealer in Washington, PA and picked up a new hydraulic snow plow so I could finally retire my CJ5 from snow plowing.

I bought my used 2005 Kubota L3400 4WD with loader, hoe, 3 pt finish mower, and rear blade from a guy moving west in a hurry so that was also a deal on a low hours tractor.

The deals are out there!

The L3400 makes nice ruts when the yard is wet but I don't care. It's worth it taking 72" passes on my two acres and being able to attach the loader and hoe in about 20 minutes and dig a ditch.

I put a LOT of hours on a Cub compact tractor working on the farm back in the day from 2004-2010. That tractor cut a hundred acres of field, cleared miles of trails, and moved tons of dirt. I wouldn't be afraid to buy a used Cub 7xxx tractor with loader and hoe. We put that tractor through hell and didn't break much.

I have one friend with a newer Mahindra and no complaints so far. I think they're claiming the best warranty right now.

Before I had my Kubota I was cutting my grass with a $2000 1954 Farmall 100 with a 60" belly mower and it worked great. I loved that tractor. They're just not as fast as a zero turn and those tractors aren't good for much else unless you want to play Farmville and pick up a small plow.

I could of bought a new zero turn and a used older & larger backhoe for the same money I have in my Kubota. More than one way to skin a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeke View Post
    Pristow's in Johnstown. They were excellent to deal with, i've never had a better dealership experience. Sure, the tractor is expensive, especially once you start adding attachments, but i'll probably never get rid of it. If you're ever in the Johnstown area, i'd be glad to let you take it for a drive and dig a few holes.
    Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs1ofakindxj View Post
    Last summer my parents bought a used 2017 Kubota BX model with turf tires and belly mower from a guy's estate for cutting their grass. Got a great deal on a low hours tractor. They went to the dealer in Washington, PA and picked up a new hydraulic snow plow so I could finally retire my CJ5 from snow plowing.

I bought my used 2005 Kubota L3400 4WD with loader, hoe, 3 pt finish mower, and rear blade from a guy moving west in a hurry so that was also a deal on a low hours tractor.

The deals are out there!

The L3400 makes nice ruts when the yard is wet but I don't care. It's worth it taking 72" passes on my two acres and being able to attach the loader and hoe in about 20 minutes and dig a ditch.

I put a LOT of hours on a Cub compact tractor working on the farm back in the day from 2004-2010. That tractor cut a hundred acres of field, cleared miles of trails, and moved tons of dirt. I wouldn't be afraid to buy a used Cub 7xxx tractor with loader and hoe. We put that tractor through hell and didn't break much.

I have one friend with a newer Mahindra and no complaints so far. I think they're claiming the best warranty right now.

Before I had my Kubota I was cutting my grass with a $2000 1954 Farmall 100 with a 60" belly mower and it worked great. I loved that tractor. They're just not as fast as a zero turn and those tractors aren't good for much else unless you want to play Farmville and pick up a small plow.

I could of bought a new zero turn and a used older & larger backhoe for the same money I have in my Kubota. More than one way to skin a cat.
    Yep. I hate financing stuff but I have some digging to do and the grass is getting taller. The new Kubota are nice and the warranty is great. Maybe I’ll get started with the push mower and think about it.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    My in-laws bought a 4200VXD Ventrac with the dual wheels a few years back. It's ridiculously expensive, but that damn mower will go anywhere and not get stuck or dig up the yard in the process. They bought it for the ability to mow steep slopes so I cant comment on its ability to dig, but they make a lot of attachments for doing other things and if those attachments work as good as everything else on that mower, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

I've seen some come up on craigslist and ebay that are relatively priced (given the machine), but they certainly aren't as common as say a Kubota tractor.

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    I've also seen a Ventrac and Steiner do some awesome work in wet/sloped areas. Definitely pro grade mowers worth the money. I've never seen one used with a loader though.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I’ve had a John Deere 737, Scag Turf Tiger, and a Scag SWZ48 walk behind. The Scag machines are built like brick shit houses and cut great. The old 7 iron John Deere decks cut great too, I don’t know about the newer stuff. None of these machines gave me a bit of trouble well into the 1500+ hour range. If your just mowing your own lawn buy an old commercial mower and you’ll never kill it! If you have to mow a steel hill you just go up and down not side to side, Ive taken a trip off a 4’ retaining wall with the Deere and it happens fast!

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! PatF10's Avatar
    I know a couple people that bought Kubota tractors in WV, came with a trailer, and were also able to avoid sales tax. something to think about. Also it really isnt that expensive to rent a skid steer depending on how much work you are going to do. I recently picked up an older kubota B7100. Its loud, but its 4wd and so far im pleased with how it mows. Its a 60" deck which works for me but maybe to big for some yards. Buying new would be nice but the price is hard to justify sometimes. But working on old equipment all the time sucks too.
    88YJ with some stuff
    74 cj5. 360 powered!
    F150 ecoboost.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Watch for auctions at golf courses and places like that who are selling off equipment. I was at a golf course auction a couple years ago and remember a couple decent deals going on mowers there. Never know what you get price wise at an auction, could go cheap could go ridiculously expensive.

I think I am going to rent a mini excavator or pay a friend with one to do some of the digging and keep looking for a zero turn.

Thread Information