Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Moab Pics

Thread: Moab Pics

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!

Moab Pics

I got got back from a trip to Moab with my bike. That was one of the best trips of my life! If you haven’t yet you need to go to Moab and the Colorado Rockies. Didn’t get any good action shots because I was on my bike but I think you can get the point.

[IMG] dance poems[/IMG][IMG] dance poems[/IMG][IMG] dance poems[/IMG]

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    [IMG] dance poems[/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    Looks awesome. Did the DRZ400 have the motor to do everything? I'm used to riding an XR650L and was wondering how the DRZ400 hangs.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs1ofakindxj View Post
    Looks awesome. Did the DRZ400 have the motor to do everything? I'm used to riding an XR650L and was wondering how the DRZ400 hangs.
    i had a guy in a rock crawler stop me in amazement because I was riding wheelies up the big rocks lol. The drz had plenty to spare, it really doesn’t run bad, it’s no RMZ450 but it will typically hang with about anything on the trail. Power wise it compares to a newer 250f motocross bike (at least how it feels). I believe the XR has around the same HP as the drz but weighs more. We should meet up to ride sometime and you can test her out.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Sadly the only place the bike gave me any trouble was in Colorado at Imogene Pass. The carb was so far off at 12000’ that I couldn’t ride it anymore and couldn’t complete the trail. After riding a DRZ like a trials bike all week I was ok with turning around and taking the rest of the day off... For me by far the toughest obstacle was deep sand. I never learned how to ride in the stuff here and it continually kicked my butt, especially in the sand dunes in Kansas.

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    I love that area. Giant offroad playground.

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    I read an article about riding in sand that basically said to ride faster than you are comfortable. When you go slower, you sink in the sand. Riding faster keeps you on top of the sand. Something about dilatant non-Newtonian fluids yada yada. If I ever find myself on a bike in sand I'll have to give it a go.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I read an article about riding in sand that basically said to ride faster than you are comfortable. When you go slower, you sink in the sand. Riding faster keeps you on top of the sand. Something about dilatant non-Newtonian fluids yada yada. If I ever find myself on a bike in sand I'll have to give it a go.
    I tried that, it didn’t go well... it was the differences in consistency that gave me the most trouble. I would be riding around and suddenly hit fine powder and that was the end. All in all it was still pretty cool and I would do it again but with some sort of sand tires not half bald dual sport tires (Moab is hard on bike tires).

Great pics and nice trail. Planning to go there next year with my friends.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorick View Post
    Great pics and nice trail. Planning to go there next year with my friends.
    You won’t regret it! Best trip of my life. Check out the area around Silverton and Ouray Colorado too.

Less posting, more wheeling!

Thumbs up

I've been drooling over MOAB reports, since I got my first wheeler ('79 Bronco in 1987), and was reading about them in offroad/4wd magazines!

ONE of these days...
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I've been drooling over MOAB reports, since I got my first wheeler ('79 Bronco in 1987), and was reading about them in offroad/4wd magazines!

ONE of these days...
    Stop planning and just do it! My buddies and I talked about going for years and never made it happen, finally we threw the whole trip together in less than 3 weeks and just went. All you need is a way to get there and back and some spending $. You can rent a Rubicon or a SXS on about every corner so don’t worry about trailering a rig or even driving if you don’t want to. I will say that half the fun was being in a truck with a couple car guys and junk yard shopping our way home. It’s amazing what you will see parked in a field out there, nothing rusts and nobody seems to get rid of old vehicles! My buddy found a nice 70 Chevelle SS 4 speed car just sitting behind a house where it had been parked for years. Found another place with a bunch of rust free relatively nice international travelall’s and scouts.
    I want to move...

Thread Information