Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Roc X90 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Roc X90

Moderator of the DeeDeeDees! Bill's Avatar
    Damn Ralph... Lookin good!
    2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - Call of Duty Special Ops Edition (De-badged)

"The two most common elements in the universe are nitrogen and stupidity."

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! HeepH8erTy's Avatar
    when i first saw that thing i had my doubts. but man, its a tight little rig you got there!
    02 ZR2 Sonoma- 4.3, 5spd, DD/Bike Hauler
    07 TRX400EX- XRC-ish woods krewser
    04 KX220 Hybrid Woods Weapon
    97 KDX220 Plated Street/Woods beater

Need some Powder Coating done? Let me know!

Less posting, more wheeling! gonecheenin's Avatar
    Spring steel usually welds like garbage, I'll be really surprised if that holds up

Quote Originally Posted by RalphDogg View Post
    the only exposed thing under the vehicle now is the muffler. i can live with a few dents in it, i can even live without the muffler.
    b4xs can get flowmaster knock off mufflers for real reasonable, they are the ticket for off road with their thick fully welded case & steel baffling

www.RalphsOffRoad.com RalphDogg's Avatar
    i was wondering how it would hold up. what type of steel are they usually made of? i will cut it off anyway when i buy a real limit strap. all it will need is a tab.

i was wondering how it would hold up. what type of steel are they usually made of? i will cut it off anyway when i buy a real limit strap. all it will need is a tab.
    I don't remember for sure, I just know that its not your normal steel & gets extremely brittle when welded

I built bumpers brackets outta it one time when I was 17, ask me how I know about the not working well thing :098:

Sometimes when I am drunk I text people... Harley25's Avatar
    Ralph, I saw you drive past me on 22 this morning...the x90 is looking good!

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Looks like it should be your chicks wheeler
    When in doubt, put the hammer down

Quote Originally Posted by Xplodedin View Post
    Actually, I like it because it is unique. You don't see them out in the woods ever. I have never seen one out on the trail ever.

I say keep up the good work Ralph!
    2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - Call of Duty Special Ops Edition (De-badged)

I think his chick drives a XJ like you, noob.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Your right I am a noob, too this forum not wheelin. My wheeler is a cj5. The xj is for racing wheel 2 wheel and the only thing jeep about it is the body. By the way I never said I dont like it, it is unique

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    i finally painted and installed the skids. i bought 3 steel plates but only used 2. the only exposed thing under the vehicle now is the muffler. i can live with a few dents in it, i can even live without the muffler. i cut a bunch of holes in it for cooling and weight. these things weigh a ton!

i ran out of time before the Kentucky trip so the limit strap ended up being a piece of cable. eventually i will make a stronger strap. after wheeling it i am going to make it about an inch longer. right now it has about 3" of down travel. i used the piece of coil spring to make the mount on the axle. you can kinda see the calmini blue paint.

hey man, everythig looks sweet, but i just wanted to add my .02 on there. my climbing and challenge course building background kinda kicks in here. you might want to add another clamp to each side. normally you need 2 clamps (ideally more) on each side of a steel cable connection.
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002wranglerX View Post
    hey man, everythig looks sweet, but i just wanted to add my .02 on there. my climbing and challenge course building background kinda kicks in here. you might want to add another clamp to each side. normally you need 2 clamps (ideally more) on each side of a steel cable connection.
    well since i happen to have my Rigging Pocket Guide (2007) with me i might as well use it.

they show 3 clamps and the saddle should be on the dead end, not the live end which i can see is wrong on at least the axle end.

not very important for this application but good to know.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs1ofakindxj View Post
    well since i happen to have my Rigging Pocket Guide (2007) with me i might as well use it.

they show 3 clamps and the saddle should be on the dead end, not the live end which i can see is wrong on at least the axle end.

hmmmm ya 3 is right. i didn't build them, but i was part of the rescue team and what not. anywhere there were 3 clamps i could clip in.

but ya, i just thought it may be helpful. i'd always run 2. . ..

but the rig looks cool.
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Your right I am a noob, too this forum not wheelin. My wheeler is a cj5. The xj is for racing wheel 2 wheel and the only thing jeep about it is the body. By the way I never said I dont like it, it is unique
    Cool, it just sounded like you were putting it down. Start a thread on the race jeep, if you don't mind. Some of us are curious.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs1ofakindxj View Post

The quote used in the business is "Never saddle a dead horse." Using three clamps is correct, and they should all be facing exactly as it sounds. I've taken two rigging and crane certification classes. In this application...I wouldn't be too concerned with the number of clamps, but putting a thimble in there wouldn't hurt either.
    If I wanted to hear from an ass, I'd fuckin fart.

'01 Silverado 2500HD crew, D.D./tow pig.

'86 Jeep MJ longbed 2wd SLOWLY evolving to '99 4wd <--FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by john00TJ View Post
    i wouldnt let that dude paint my mail box, but whatever

bad thing is... If that cross member does fail, (granted that cable holds up) so does your gas tank... It appears that the tank is attached to this.
    1980 CJ-7 304 TH400 BW1339
    1999 TJ Sport 4.0 32RH NP231
    2001 XJ Sport 4.0 AW4 NP231

"Has anyone ever mistaken the chicken outside for a crab?" JeepGeneral's Avatar
    Some seX90 wheeling pictures, This little guy outwheeled a TJ on 33s yesterday. I think he needs to get a shorter/better limiting strap. I followed him down a long steep hill, the strap was tight and the end was pretty high in the air. The skids helped him slide over just about everything.

Last edited by JeepGeneral; 10-29-2007 at 06:23 PM.

Looks great Ralph! I am looking forward to seeing it offroad in person.

That thing is a trip!

i still have a few kinks to work out. the limit strap is rigged up for now and will be fixed. i had a great time sunday and i definately took it farther than i thought. it's not going to crawl over bolders or win any UROC competitions, but it's damn fun. it's kinda like the new 2 person ATV's, but this one can be driven on the road and has a closed cab.

unfortunately i think the head gasket is going. my dad just chenged it a few months ago. i guess i won't have to worry about rusted bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepxj3 View Post
    bad thing is... If that cross member does fail, (granted that cable holds up) so does your gas tank... It appears that the tank is attached to this.
    i defninitely thought about the cross member. i haven't decided if it will hold up or not. i was going to post that it on pirate 4x4.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    Cool, it just sounded like you were putting it down. Start a thread on the race jeep, if you don't mind. Some of us are curious.
    I'll do that, as soon as I can figure out how to post pics with it, remember I am a noob. lol

Less posting, more wheeling!
    I'll do that, as soon as I can figure out how to post pics with it, remember I am a noob. lol
    http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/sho...8682#post68682

See if that helps.

Thread Information