Thread: Looking for help with axle upgrades

Trail Leader

Looking for help with axle upgrades

I have a spare D30 and D44a laying around that I want to get build up. I need somebody (or a shop) that would burn in the trusses and C-gussets, install lockers and setup the new gears. I am in no hurry and can drop off the axles one at a time. When all is done, help with swapping the axles under the Jeep would be appreciated as well. I am paying for the help you would be providing, not trying to take advantage of somebody or ripping anyone off.
    However, I am also open to all suggestions on how to keep the cost low. I can also help with the work, I am a retired mechanic (sort of), but have no tools.

Thanks

Juergen
    Last edited by J.M.; 01-05-2017 at 02:27 PM.
    '02 WJ, 4" lift, 35s, 242HD, Ox locker - trussed Super30 front, ARB locker - trussed and skid plated D44a rear, OBA, winch, light bars and a kitchen sink.

PghOffRoad Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by J.M. View Post
    I have a spare D30 and D44a laying around that I want to get build up. I need somebody (or a shop) that would burn in the trusses and C-gussets, install lockers and setup the new gears. I am in no hurry and can drop off the axles one at a time. When all is done, help with swapping the axles under the Jeep would be appreciated as well. I am paying for the help you would be providing, not trying to take advantage of somebody or ripping anyone off.
    However, I am also open to all suggestions on how to keep the cost low. I can also help with the work, I am a retired mechanic (sort of), but have no tools.

Thanks

Juergen

not sure, how much you wanta spend, or how far you wanta run. Greensburg drive line is pretty good and cheap on doing gears, bearings and stuff. for the truss fmj fab in butler seems to be ok. how ever they aren't quick to get back to me. how soon are you looking to do this. I should have some time in march to lend a hand. I got get working on my 57. she's been home 2 months and I haven't started anything yet. and I got a pile of metal for my wagon to be welded on too. and the wifes wj needs love to pass inspection that's gonna take me 2-3 weeks

Trail Leader
    Thanks Brian, I contacted FMJ and will drop off my axles next month. That takes care of the truss part. Once I have the rest of the parts together, I'll contact the shop you mentioned.
    I hope to get the Jeep trail ready soon, so we can head out on some trails. Currently I have no spring perches on the front. They fell off last fall. On the street it holds up ok, but I avoid flexing.

Juergen
    '02 WJ, 4" lift, 35s, 242HD, Ox locker - trussed Super30 front, ARB locker - trussed and skid plated D44a rear, OBA, winch, light bars and a kitchen sink.

Thread Information