Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

*NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS* - Page 137
Page 137 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137
Results 3,401 to 3,424 of 3424

Thread: *NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS*

Heyo, live in Verona, looking for some places to go exploring.
    Have a Volvo with a full Fox long travel setup underneath

That is cool as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    That is cool as hell.
    Haha thanks. A friend built it and then let it sit. It needs some work (locker broke) but it's still fun.

Noob!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooch View Post
    Hey all, my name is Anthony, friends call me Tooch. Have a '19 4Runner TRD. Still bone stock, but I'd like to take it to some trails that it would be able to handle. It has 4 low, rear locker, crawl control... AmThanks for having me! Anyone have any ideas on places?
    Just an update with the progress of the truck since I've joined... Have a Body Armor HiLine bumper ordered. Going to decide on a winch and light bar for it, but I'm leaning towards a Smittybuilt x20 10k

Hi everyone, 19 Tiguan with Forge Motorsport Lift and some bigger BFGs. Not the most conventional off roader but it holds up surprisingly well. With the mods I have almost 10” of ground clearance now.

Last edited by Softroad_tiguan; 06-29-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooch View Post
    Just an update with the progress of the truck since I've joined... Have a Body Armor HiLine bumper ordered. Going to decide on a winch and light bar for it, but I'm leaning towards a Smittybuilt x20 10k

That 4Runner looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Softroad_tiguan View Post
    Hi everyone, 19 Tiguan with Forge Motorsport Lift and some bigger BFGs. Not the most conventional off roader but it holds up surprisingly well. With the mods I have almost 10” of ground clearance now.

Does it have a center diff lock?

Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    Does it have a center diff lock?
    No its VWs Haldex AWD system. its FWD based with a power take off on the transaxle. It does have "electronic diff lock". Basically brakes the spinning wheels to find traction.
    ‘19 VW Tiguan
    Forge Motorsports Lift/Leveling Kit
    245/65R17 BFG KO2

Quote Originally Posted by Softroad_tiguan View Post
    No its VWs Haldex AWD system. its FWD based with a power take off on the transaxle. It does have "electronic diff lock". Basically brakes the spinning wheels to find traction.
    I know that Haldex well. Holds a pint of fluid and you can’t change it on a lot of vehicles.

Noob!
    Hi! I am new to the site as well as a new (older) Jeep owner. I have an 04 TJ SE that came with a 2" lift on the front, stock rear suspension that I was in the process of correcting when I broke both drivers side upper shock mount bolts in the process. If anyone has a local shop that they can recommend please let me know, the fixes I have seen online are a little out of my comfort zone. If I can get the suspension sorted I was hoping to make it out to scrubgrass this weekend and could use some guidance there as well!

Noob!
    Hello Everyone, I am new Wrangler JK 4dr (completely stock) owner and live in Cleveland, but visit often in Western PA / Oil City /Franklin county area. I would love to drive on some beginner hills. I did do a couple drives in Nemacolin, but want to be gentler on my Jeep! Our family will be up there July 26th - 31st.

Thanks to those who run this forum!

Last edited by rdolesh; 07-24-2020 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Want to add Picture

Noob!
    Hello all! My name is Wojciech but everybody calling me Sphinks or V. Im 38 and im in US for last 10 years of my life. In last year I became owner of my truck that I love and having lots of fun but I'm really new and noob to off roading scene. Hope for meeting new ppl and visit some nice roads away from everybody. Feel free to text me etc. Have a great evening!
    Last edited by SPHINKS; 08-08-2020 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SPHINKS View Post
    Hello all! My name is Wojciech but everybody calling me Sphinks or V. Im 38 and im in US for last 10 years of my life. In last year I became owner of my truck that I love and having lots of fun but I'm really new and noob to off roading scene. Hope for meeting new ppl and visit some nice roads away from everybody. Feel free to text me etc. Have a great evening!
    Welcome man. Are you going to offroad that Shiny new truck or are you looking to explore fire roads?

Hi all. New to the forum. My wife picked up a 2021 Wrangler recently -- (she lets me work on it and drive sometimes...LOL) and we want to get reconnected to the offroading world a bit. I used to ride ATVs starting back in 93 or so....my wife rode a bit too....did so for a long time til life got in the way. And I got old. Used to ride up at Connellsville at the mines way back then...Casparis we called it.....I heard the mines were blocked off now and the roads and lands dramatically changed from when I used to go there.

I used to ride ATVs and take my truck onto trails up around Indiana PA as well as out 51 down over the hill from that USWA resort place.....a bunch of coal tailings and then tons of ATV trails...Glassport dumps was another place I took my trucks for a quick hour or two of fun....all closed down.

Anyone know if the area around is still open to folks or has that, like so many trails of the past, been blocked and posted?

Just looking for a place to go near the pittsburgh area that we can get this new rig dirty on a bit...nothing too crazy at first. The Jeep is a stock 80th anniversary two door. Slightly upgraded tires (Bridgestone duellers) but thats about it as far as usefull offroad stuff.....

I know the saying is "friends dont let friends drive stock 4x4s".....LOL....but I have had loads of fun in years past with stock or mildly equipped trucks......I cant imagine this "trail rated" Jeep would be a slouch.
    Last edited by moparcruiser; 04-12-2021 at 02:58 PM.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Quote Originally Posted by moparcruiser View Post
    I cant imagine this "trail rated" Jeep would be a slouch.
    They stick that badge on everything. My XK is "trail-rated."

Best bet is to check out the "club scene." LOTS of 4WD clubs in sw PA. Deploy the Bing-fu, and see who's near you.

You can roll with our club at a couple of outings, and see what you think of us before joining, or come to our monthly business meeting. Other clubs might let you do the same. Steeltown Offroaders here - https://www.facebook.com/groups/455487404527915
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    They stick that badge on everything. My XK is "trail-rated."

Best bet is to check out the "club scene." LOTS of 4WD clubs in sw PA. Deploy the Bing-fu, and see who's near you.

You can roll with our club at a couple of outings, and see what you think of us before joining, or come to our monthly business meeting. Other clubs might let you do the same. Steeltown Offroaders here - https://www.facebook.com/groups/455487404527915
    Thanks!

Yeah -- "Trail rated" is a great marketing ploy...LOL

Although, we had the 2019 Cherokee Limited before this and it was NOT "trail rated".....not really sure how different the Limited was from the "trail rated" version.....

But I had it off road on some sketchy gas- well roads etc to test and I was impressed with how well it did...ground clearance seemed to be its only shortfall (pun intended).

I have 4wheeled before in relatively stock pickups and my 2003 Durango....all did pretty well for the types of trails I had done.....no mud-up-to-the- windows sort of thing...just fun trails.

I once 'wheeled my 4wd 85 Dodge D50 (not a ton of clearnace) down a pretty steep Jeep trail covered in loose shale and rock.....didnt realize it ended in a sharp shelf drop off and dead end with just enough room to turn around and no way out but back up..........Couldnt go UP so I had to go DOWN......slid down over the shelf.....

TO MY SURPRISE.....I eased the front end up onto the shelf, and floored it.....dragged the frame across the shlef but she claed and grabbed and I made it back up the hill.

This was on the trails down behind the Red Caboose off of 51 if you know the place....they are closed up tight as a drum now for some years but once was a great place to play on ATVS. One day I figured I would try it in my D50. LOL

On another trail in the woods up in Indiana PA I got myself high centered on a a log buried in mud.....used a manual come along and INCHED the trucl out of there...LOL

I was in my early 20s and was alone at the time for both times...STUPID I KNOW.....

But if that lil D50 could make it through both of those situations, I am pretty sure that this gorgeous Jeep will do awesome for the kinds of trails I tend to do.....

After the D50 I traded for a one year old Dakota in 1993 and still have her today....she saw a lot of sand and some light mudding but I was always afraid to get her dented up....I also had a 2003 Durango (360, 390s, bigger tires) and man that thing did great in mud. The RAM isnt bad but TOO BIG for most trails. Just sand/beaches.

I have seen some "stock" vehicles like Landcruisers and Land Rovers do AMAZING things bone stock on the same kind of AT tires we have on some technical trails......

We will not be looking at doing trails that are gonna sacrifice body damage etc..crawling up over boulders.........I got ,ost of that out of my system with the ATVs over the years....but this new Jeep has me hankering for exploring again.....just some fun to test out the new toy and get her dirty.....

Wish the Glassport dumps were still open......a nice area to get a quick offroad fix. LOL

Hi I am new here I am from Pakistan and like off roading very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Connor View Post
    Welcome. What domyou offroad?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Connor View Post
    Welcome. What domyou offroad?

Hi, I'm new here.

Quote Originally Posted by dbp View Post
    Hi, I'm new here.
    Welcome. What area are you in and what do you wheel?

Quote Originally Posted by dbp View Post
    Hi, I'm new here.
    Welcome. What area are you in and what do you wheel?

I knew a lot of you guys back when I lived in Pittsburgh, but I'm near DC now.
    I just got rid of my Volvo and picked up a 2023 TRD Off Road and got the TRD lift and Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's put on.

For some reason images aren't working for me...
    https://imgur.com/a/xvi4iYs

Updated pic https://imgur.com/a/gp6lS80 with new wheels and 285/75/16

Thread Information