Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Vehicle

Official Meet and Greet Coordinator Alley's Avatar

Cheap Vehicle

My friend wrapped his truck around a tree 2 weeks ago and is looking to pick up something for around a grand to drive if anyone has anything streetable and somewhat legal?

Thanks!
    "Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

Truck or car?
    Never blame the beer. It's only there to lend a hand.

either he needs something to drive.
    "Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

My neighbor is selling a car for around that price. I'll get some details.
    Never blame the beer. It's only there to lend a hand.

Tanks Dana, I appreciate it!

Less posting, more wheeling!
    my jeep
    [QUOTE=jackb1;233598]...... but I never stuck my head that close to his pipe to check it out.[/QUOTE]

Dick I know you've probably said, but, I haven't read most of the threads lately...busy! Whats the Jeep got going on and details please?

well we'll see if beats dad buys it first. but if he doesnt then its whoevers.

but it needs tires and shocks. im pretty sure thats all its gonna need to pass inspection.

specs if you dont know: 89 2-door xj, 4.0, auto, 231tc, 98 8.25 in the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Alley View Post
    Dick I know you've probably said, but, I haven't read most of the threads lately...busy! Whats the Jeep got going on and details please?
    [QUOTE=jackb1;233598]...... but I never stuck my head that close to his pipe to check it out.[/QUOTE]

One of my customers is selleing a saturn for around 450 Its a stick white and a two door.

if he dont get any of the above, im getting a mercury cougar ls soon, lemme put new head gaskets and rear brake hoses on it and get it inspected and he can have it for a grand. it needs rockers soon though.
    03 s10 4x4
    89 irocz mullet mobile
    90 miata v8 project

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore! limegreentj's Avatar
    ^ ok, i can't let this one go, this is why i don't like you....i know there is nothing wrong with making some money, but you are getting that cougar for 375 bucks....gonna do a half assed head gasket and brake line job on it and sell it for a grand, when it needs rockers, and judging by the way you work on vehicles, the engine will blow up shortly after because you do things fast and half assed just so its done. chances are that whole deal with the cougar isnt gonna happen, because i think danielle is smart enough to stay away from any deals you dish out.

i'm probably gonna get the ban hammer for voicing my opinion, but thats something i feel strongly about and i think that everyone on this forum needs warned not to do deals with you.
    98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

00 xj- opposite sex-j or wife-j

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

Originally Posted by [B]dangerranger44[/B]
    i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

Yeah, I might get in trouble as well...but I can't in good conscious let anyone I call a friend buy something from you.

Thanks to everyone else however, I have been telling him of all these. I think he will be joining to forum to save me time!

i've been looking on CL. has he been checking there? what area is he from?
    98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

Near me.... North of Slippery Rock, but anything cheap and driveable I'm sure he'll travel a bit for. That is why he has me.

Quote Originally Posted by KUGS View Post
    One of my customers is selleing a saturn for around 450 Its a stick white and a two door.

anymore details on this would be appreciated I am told.

Quote Originally Posted by limegreentj View Post
    ^ ok, i can't let this one go, this is why i don't like you....i know there is nothing wrong with making some money, but you are getting that cougar for 375 bucks....gonna do a half assed head gasket and brake line job on it and sell it for a grand, when it needs rockers, and judging by the way you work on vehicles, the engine will blow up shortly after because you do things fast and half assed just so its done. chances are that whole deal with the cougar isnt gonna happen, because i think danielle is smart enough to stay away from any deals you dish out.
    cause taking it up to my votech and having my teacher over see me do the gaskets is really half assing it.

i'm probably gonna get the ban hammer for voicing my opinion, but thats something i feel strongly about and i think that everyone on this forum needs warned not to do deals with you.
    cause taking it up to my votech and having my teacher over see me do the gaskets is really half assing it.

EDIT: how did you know that im getting it for 375 unless your stalkin my facebook?
    Last edited by village_idiot; 11-21-2010 at 02:56 AM.
    03 s10 4x4
    89 irocz mullet mobile
    90 miata v8 project

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    2wd ford rangers can be had for 500-1000 on CL all day long.

i don't look at your facebook. i know people that know people

I will get you the low down on monday

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by limegreentj View Post
    ^ ok, i can't let this one go, this is why i don't like you....i know there is nothing wrong with making some money, but you are getting that cougar for 375 bucks....gonna do a half assed head gasket and brake line job on it and sell it for a grand, when it needs rockers, and judging by the way you work on vehicles, the engine will blow up shortly after because you do things fast and half assed just so its done. Chances are that whole deal with the cougar isnt gonna happen, because i think danielle is smart enough to stay away from any deals you dish out.

I'm probably gonna get the ban hammer for voicing my opinion, but thats something i feel strongly about and i think that everyone on this forum needs warned not to do deals with you.
    i agree with you %100 if its going to need rockers whos inspecting it?

Trail Leader
    My mom is selling her 94 ford taurus for $1000. Its inspected untill 9/11, 93,xxx miles. it has a little rust around the rear wheel wells and there is some hesitation problem. I'm not sure if its a carboned up valve or something else. but he is more then welcome to come look at it if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by KUGS View Post
    I will get you the low down on monday

Thanks! I appreciate it!

My old 87 XJ is for sale on JeepinWV. The guy is asking $1500
    [COLOR=darkred]HighlanderCJ-7[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]If you don't stand behind our troops... [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#8b0000]Feel free to stand in front of them...[/COLOR]

Its a 91 saturn 2 door 148000 miles 5spd tires look good inspected till 5/11 it looks like the sun roof leaks and there is duct tape raped around seat but its 400.00

Thread Information